HP Officejet 8040 Scan
Scan to a Computer, Email, or Memory Device
Learn how to scan a photo or a document using the selections present on the 123 hp oj 8040 printer control panel.
Scan to a computer, memory device, Email
For scanning or to take photo or document from the printer’s control panel, ratify that the computer is on, the full-feature printer driver is mounted, and the HP 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer is linked to the computer with a USB cable or over your local wireless network.
Step 1 : Mount the photo or document
- Switch on the HP Officejet 8040 printer.
- Mount the picture or document on the scanner glass or ADF.
- Scanner glass : Align the item and then align it rendering to the engraved guides around the glass.
- ADF : Locate the item into the document feeder tray. Fix the width guides to fit the item.
Step 2 : Directives to scan the required items
- Go to the 123 HP oj8040 printer control panel, tap on the Scan icon.
- Select the Computer option to scan to the linked computer.
- Key in the name of the computer that you want to save the scan to.
- Tap on the Scan Shortcut option, and then go with a shortcut that resembles to the document or picture you are scanning.
- Select the Start Scan option. The 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer starts to scan the document or image, and then saves it to the destination stated in the settings.
Step 3 : Scan the required items that saved on the memory device
- Pick out the memory device, and then go with scan option from 123 hp oj 8040 printer’s control panel.
- Link the memory device into the printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel to tap on the Scan icon.
- Tap on the Memory device option.
- Pick out File Type and Resolution.
- Tap on the Start Scan option, so that the items can be scanned.
123 hp oj 8040 Scan straightly to email
Step 1 : Prep for the scan job
To aid the email feature, ensure that the 123 HP oj8040 printer is linked to the wireless network and that Web Services is permitted.
- Ratify the printer is powered on and attached to your local wireless network with an active Internet connection. Tap on the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel to check the connection status.
- Tap on the Web Services icon to affirm that Web Services is activated on your printer.
Step 2 : Customize the Scan to Email profile
- Go to the 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer’s control panel, tap on the Scan icon, and then click on Email.
- Go to the welcome screen, tap on Continue.
- Click inside the Email: box, key in your email address, and then select Done.
- Tap on the Continue.
- A PIN is sent to the email address you indexed. Select on the Continue.
- Tap PIN, pick out the PIN you received in your email, and then tap on the Done option.
- Choose Store Email or Auto-login, contingent on how you want the 123 HP oj8040 printer to save your login information.
Step 4 : Scan the required item
- Go to the printer control panel to tap on the Scan icon, and then select the Email option.
- Go to the control panel display, select the account that you want to use, and then tap on the Continue option.
- Pick out the name of the email profile that you created, type the password if prompted, and then scan the item.
How to save and Handle Paper to Avoid Paper Jams
To prevent recurrent paper jams and uphold the best print quality, it is essential to protect the printer paper from damage caused by indecorous handling, storage or extremes in temperature, and humidity. Trail the guidelines and steps in this document for handling and loading the paper you use in your 123 hp oj 8040 printer.
Step 1: Use paper that the printer’s specifications
Prior to ordering the paper, verify the paper-handling specifications for your printer, and then ensure that you purchase paper that matches those specifications.
- Open Search HP.com text field, key in your printer model and 123.hp.com/oj8040 “Printer Specifications”, and then click on the Enter option. A page displays that show matching results.
- Under Recommended Links, click on the Printer Specifications document for your printer. The Printer Specifications page exhibits.
- Select on the Paper-handling specifications option, and then protect the information for your records.
Step 2 : Feed printer paper in a controlled environment
Feed your printer paper in an enclosed space that is flat, dry, and easily accessible. Trail the guidelines provided to save your 123 hp oj 8040 printer paper from damage, prevent paper jams, and preserve the quality of your printed documents.
For Unique package. Feed the paper in its original package until it is ready for use. The package aids avert the paper from being torn, wrinkled, folded or otherwise damaged. It also protects the paper’s specified moisture content, weight, and other physical features.
For Reseal after opening. When you reveal the paper package and do not use all the paper, ensure to reseal the package with tape. This defends the paper from environmental factors and also prevents dust from accumulating on the paper, which can cause the 123 hp oj 8040 printer to pick up more than one sheet at a time.
For Room temperature. Feed the paper at room temperature and at a relative humidity of 45% to 55%. Keep the printer distant from doors, windows, and vents. Dodge storing paper and print media near heating and air conditioning vents, or near windows and doors that are used often. There lies the possibilities for the paper getting damaged if there is fluctuations in the temperature and humidity
Flat surface only. Feed the paper on a flat surface, mainly in a cabinet or on a shelf. Evade store paper on rough surfaces, like the top of the 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer or the edge of a table. This shows unfavorably effects on the physical properties of the paper and cause poor print quality, paper jams, or paper pick issues.
The three-month rule. As an over-all rule, evade more paper than you can use in three months. Paper that is unused for long periods of time can suffer harm by extended exposure to the environment.
How temperature and humidity can affect paper jams. Paper is water loving material. Paper mass, paper width and the paper firmness is generally gets affected by ambient humidity and temperature variations. Heating systems and air conditioners remove humidity from the air, and evaporative coolers enhance humidity to the air. If paper package is kept open, paper can either loose or gain moisture. Paper that lacks moisture content streaks and smudges when 123 HP oj8040 printing.
Temperature and humidity can damage print media
- Heat leads to moisture in paper to vanish and might cause multiple sheets to feed at the same time.
- Humid weather or water coolers enhances humidity to the air and may cause paper to alter and jam in the printer.
HP printers are proposed to produce high-quality documents when the printer paper meets the 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer’s specifications. As paper loses and gains moisture, its physical characteristics can vary, and the paper warps or gets wavy. Stacking warped or wavy paper into the printer marks in paper jams.
Mount and handle the paper carefully
Paper that is skewed in the input tray can cause paper jams, or can cause the printed image to be slanted. Lodging paper that has damaged by mishandling into the 123 hp oj 8040 printer can cause paper jams, skewed images, and usually poor print quality.
- Trail the below steps to load the paper in the printer.
- Open the paper tray door, and then drag it near you to extend the paper tray.
- Moderately pull out the paper tray extender, and then higher the paper catch.
- Align the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Monitor the condition of the paper, and then change any ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.
- Place a stack of paper into the input tray with the short edge forward and the print side down. Push the stack into the 123 HP Officejet 8040 tray until it stops.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/oj8040