HP 1020 PRINTER INSTALLATION IN UBUNTU
HP LaserJet 1020 is an inexpensive monochrome laser printer that is ideal for light printing needs, especially for home purposes. The printer comes with a single toner cartridge that is easily accessible by opening the printer’s top panel. It prints text at a speed of 12.52 pages per minute (ppm) and graphics at 12.61 ppm. Overall, it is a good printer, and installing the HP LaserJet 1020 printer in Ubuntu is a simple process if the steps are followed correctly.
- Ensure that you have unboxed the printer and removed all the protective materials.
- Make sure that the HP LaserJet 1020 printer is turned on.
- Install the toner cartridges and load some paper (for printing test page).
- Cross verify that your Ubuntu computer meets the system requirements of the printer.
- Go to the HP printer support page, choose your PC’s Operating System and download the printer drivers.
- Install the printer drivers on your Ubuntu computer.
- Connect the HP LaserJet 1020 printer to your Ubuntu printer using a USB cable.
- Ensure that you are using a USB cable without any physical damage.
Steps to install the printer on your Ubuntu PC:
The first and foremost step one needs to follow is updating the PC to its latest version. Follow the below-given steps on your Ubuntu PC.
- First, open the Terminal application.
- Run the sudo apt update command to start the update process on your PC.
- If you wish to upgrade your computer OS, run the sudo apt upgrade command in the Terminal window.
Installing the HPLIP software via Terminal:
- Type the sudo apt-get install hplip-gui command to kick off the software installation process.
- Install the printer driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, open the System screen on your Ubuntu PC.
- Click Welcome > Getting Started > Drivers > Printers.
- Double-click on the downloaded HPLIP-Toolbox file.
- Now, the screen with the text – “HP Device Manager- No Installed HP Devices Found” will be displayed on the screen.
- Click the Setup Device button.
- Now, a screen asking you to select the connection type option will open.
- Select the connection type that you wish to use by clicking the corresponding radio button.
- The installer file will detect the printer connected to your computer and display its name on the screen.
- Select the HP LaserJet 1020 printer and click the Next button.
- If prompted, enter the printer details such as name, description, location, PPD file, etc.
- Click Add Print and follow the on-screen instructions to install the HP printer on your Ubuntu computer.
- After installing the printer successfully on your computer, print a test page to check whether the installation process is done properly.
So, these are the simple steps for installing the HP LaserJet 1020 printer on your Ubuntu computer. If you are confused and want any kind of assistance from our side, call our technicians to get the best help possible.