HOW TO INSTALL WIRELESS HP PRINTER ON MAC?
Nowadays, wireless connectivity has become a standard feature on all printers, and HP printers are not behind in the race. Basically, the wireless feature gives you the flexibility to print from any device that supports wireless network connections. We can connect the HP printer with our network using several different options. Let us see how to Install Wireless HP Printer on Mac.
Steps for initial wireless setup:
You can use the printer wirelessly with the Windows and Mac computers by installing the relevant HP printer drivers.
- Go to the printer manufacturer’s website.
- Choose your computer’s Operating System (Mac OS) and the version.
- A list of printer drivers will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on Download to save the file on your Mac computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers on your Mac.
- Once the installation process is over, press the Wireless setup button for at least 3 seconds.
- By doing this, the printer prepares itself for the wireless connection.
- Ensure that your printer and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Place all the devices within the range to avoid interference between them.
- Select the document or photo that needs to be printed.
- Choose the HP printer from the list to initiate wireless printing.
- Apart from this, you can use a USB cable to perform the printing operations.
HP Printer – Wi-Fi Direct Setup:
Wi-Fi Direct is a secure wireless interface that allows you to connect the printer to your Mac computer without using a router. Follow the below steps to establish a Wi-Fi Direct connection setup.
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Use the printer’s touch screen or navigation buttons to select the wireless network, and press the OK button.
- Under network settings, choose Wi-Fi Direct and press the OK button.
- When the Wi-Fi Direct is fully functional, you will be able to see the Network Name (SSID) and Network Key (Password) for a few seconds (Note it down for future reference).
- Open the document or web page that needs to be printed.
Note: Keep in mind that the Mac will not have any Internet access when connected to the printer using the Wi-Fi Direct connection.
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on your Mac computer.
- You will see a lot of wireless networks on your screen.
- Choose the HP wireless network from the list.
- Connect to it by entering the Network Key (password), which you have noted down earlier.
- Now click on File > Print.
- Make all the required changes such as Page Orientation, Paper Size, number of copies, etc.
- Finally, click the Print button. Now we have seen how to Install Wireless HP Printer on Mac using Wi-Fi Direct method.
HP Printer – Wi-Fi Setup Method:
- Power on your HP printer and go to the display panel.
- Pull the notification shade and tap on the Settings icon.
- Click on Network Setup.
- On the next page, click the Wireless Settings option.
- Tap on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now, the printer searches for the available Wi-Fi networks in its range.
- Just select the network to which you want to connect.
- Enter the password of your Wi-Fi network by using the on-screen display keyboard.
- Once the password is typed correctly, click on Done.
- On the Confirm Settings page, you will be able to see the Network Name, Security Status, and Wireless Password.
- If you see that the blue light is turned on and blinks continuously, this shows that your HP printer is successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, you can connect the HP printer to your Mac and start your printing journey without any wired connections.
HP Printer – WPS Connect Method:
If your router supports WPS (Wi-Fi protected Setup), then you can easily connect your HP printer to the wireless network.
- Place the HP printer within the range of your WPS-enabled router.
- Turn on the HP printer and wait until it gets into the ready state.
- Hold on to the WPS button on your WLAN access router for a few seconds.
- Press the Wireless setup button on your HP printer for less than 2 seconds.
- Now, the connection will be established between your printer and the computer.
Now we have learned how to Install Wireless HP Printer on Mac with different types of wireless setup methods. For further queries, call our technicians.