HOW TO INSTALL SAMSUNG PRINTER ON HP LAPTOP
Installing a printer on your laptop enables you to print the documents and images from your laptop. If your printer supports Wi-Fi printing, you can connect your devices over a network. In case your printer doesn’t support Wi-Fi printing, you can connect your devices using a USB cable. The procedure for installing a Samsung printer on an HP laptop is simple and can be done effortlessly. So, read this article and install your printer on your laptop all by yourself.
Download the printer driver
To install your Samsung printer on your HP laptop, you need to install the appropriate printer driver. Without a printer driver, you cannot print anything from your laptop. Moreover, the printer driver ensures smooth communication between the printer and the computer. For your Samsung printer, you can get the printer driver from its official website.
Steps to install the Samsung printer on the HP laptop
- Before you move ahead, make sure that you have completed the initial setup of your printer.
- From your browser, visit the official website of Samsung printers.
- Enter your printer model and download the appropriate printer driver recommended for your operating system.
- Once the download gets completed, just locate the file in the Downloads folder.
- Run the setup file and choose Yes in the User Account Control dialog box.
- Once the license agreement screen appears, read it and accept the terms and conditions.
- When prompted, choose your preferred connection method and connect your devices accordingly.
- If you have chosen the option for wireless connection, connect your Samsung printer to the same network to which your computer is connected.
- In case your printer doesn’t support wireless printing, you can connect it to your computer using a USB cable.
- Carry out the instructions that appear on the screen and complete the installation process.
- You have installed your Samsung printer on your HP laptop. From now on, you can print the documents from your laptop using the installed printer driver itself.
- Now, you can quickly print a test page to verify the connection.
Install the Samsung printer on the HP laptop (Windows OS)
In case you prefer to use the built-in printer drivers of your Windows computer to install your Samsung printer on the HP laptop, follow the instructions given below.
- Before you start, complete the initial setup of your printer and keep it turned on.
- Connect your Samsung printer and the HP laptop using a USB cable.
- On your HP laptop, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- it will display all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
- Click the Add printer button. In the Add printer wizard, choose the Add a local printer option.
- When the Choose a printer port page appears, select the checkbox for the Use an existing port option.
- On the Install the printer driver page, select the manufacturer as Samsung and choose your printer model.
- Now, click the Next button.
- Follow the wizard and complete the installation.
- Finally, print a test page to verify the connection.
This is how you should install your Samsung printer on an HP laptop. In case you need further clarifications, you can contact us for remote assistance from our experts.