HOW TO INSTALL HP WIRELESS PRINTER ON WINDOWS 10?
When you install your printer on your Windows 10 computer, you can print the documents directly from your computer. In this whole process, the printer driver plays a vital role. It makes it possible to print the documents from your devices. Let us see how to install HP wireless printer on windows 10.
Download the printer driver
As previously mentioned, a printer driver is important for printing documents from the computer. For your HP printer, you can get the software from its official website. Follow the instructions below to get the software for your HP printer.
- Visit HP’s official website from your default browser.
- Enter your printer model and go to its support page.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Your OS will be detected and the compatible drivers will be displayed.
- In case you need a printer driver for a different OS, you can change it manually.
- From the list of drivers, choose the one you require and download it on your computer.
Install the printer driver
- Locate the setup file in the Downloads folder and run it.
- If you see the User Account Control dialog box, choose Yes.
- When the End-User License Agreement screen appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- When prompted, choose the connection method you prefer.
- If you have selected the USB connection, connect your printer and the computer using a USB cable when prompted by the installer.
- If your printer supports wireless printing, you can set up the wireless connection between your printer and the computer.
- In that case, choose the connection method as Wireless; then, enter your router’s SSID and password in the respective fields.
- Make sure to connect your printer only to the network to which your computer is connected. In case you connect your devices to different networks, your printer will not print anything you send from your computer.
- Go ahead with the instructions that appear on the screen and complete the installation.
- This is how you should install your HP wireless printer on the Windows 10 computer.
- In case you prefer to use the Windows 10 built-in drivers, refer to the following section.
Install HP printer on your Windows 10 computer (using the built-in drivers)
- On your Windows 10 computer, click the Start menu and choose Settings.
- Select Devices followed by Printers and Scanners.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- When it shows you a list of nearby printers, choose your HP printer model and click Add device.
- In case you cannot locate your HP printer, click The printer that I want is not listed. Follow the commands on the screen and complete the installation process.
If you don’t know how to install HP wireless printer on windows 10, you can reach out to us to get remote assistance from our experts.