HOW TO INSTALL HP PRINTER IN UBUNTU 14.04?
To install your HP printer on Ubuntu 14.04, you need to download and install the appropriate printer driver on your computer. A printer driver establishes the connection between your printer and the computer. To know the detailed procedure for installing the HP printer driver on your Ubuntu 14.04, continue reading this article till the end. Keep reading this page to know how to install HP printer in Ubuntu 14.04.
Download the printer driver
- From your browser, visit the official support page of HP.
- In the search field, enter your HP printer model and press Enter.
- From the search results, select your printer correctly.
- When directed to your printer’s support page, click Software, Drivers and Firmware.
- Now, it will detect your OS and show you the compatible drivers.
- If you prefer to choose your OS manually, click the Choose a different OS link.
- Select Linux from the Operating System drop-down menu and Ubuntu 14.04 from the Version drop-down menu.
- Select the most appropriate printer driver when the compatible drivers are displayed and click the Download button next to it.
- The driver will start to download in the background within a short period.
Install the printer driver
- Once the driver download is complete, locate the setup file in the Downloads folder and run it.
- When the License Agreement screen shows up, accept the terms and conditions. If you don’t accept them, you cannot continue with the installation process.
- In the Connection Method window, choose your preferred connection type. If your HP printer supports wireless printing, you can wirelessly connect it to your computer. To do that, choose the connection method as Wireless and enter your router’s credentials in the appropriate field.
- Make sure to connect your printer to the same network to which your computer is connected.
- You can start printing wirelessly when the connection is established between your devices.
In case your printer doesn’t support wireless printing, select the USB connection on the connection method screen and connect your devices using a USB cable.
Adhere to the instructions and complete the installation process.
This is how you should install your HP printer on Ubuntu 14.04. If you still have any questions, reach out to us for remote assistance to know how to install HP printer in Ubuntu 14.04.