HOW TO INSTALL HP LASERJET 1320 PRINTER IN WINDOWS 10?
The HP LaserJet 1320 printer dominates the market for its business class features and is preferred by people all over the world. The printer features a single-sheet multipurpose input tray, which can be accessed through a door placed on the front panel. If you are printing heavy media, then just open the output door on the back panel, and your prints will exit there without any curls. HP LaserJet 1320 rates at 17.4 pages per minute (ppm) for text and 13 ppm for graphics. The printer comes with a 250 sheet input tray, including 16 MB of RAM, which can further be expanded to 144MB. Installing the HP printer on your Windows 10 computer is simple. Let us see how to install HP Laserjet 1320 Printer in Windows 10.
Unboxing and initial setup:
- Unbox the printer and take out the accessories.
- Remove the packaging materials.
- Connect the power cord between the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Firmly press the dedicated Power button to turn on your printer.
- As part of the initial setup, load some paper and install cartridges.
Installing HP printer on a Windows 10 computer:
Here we will see the steps involved in establishing a wired connection between your HP LaserJet 1320 printer and the Windows computer.
- Secure the printer’s USB cable into the USB port present on the sides of your computer.
- Connect your HP printer to a power source.
- Turn on the printer.
- Click on the Start icon and type Printers and Scanners in the search bar.
- Under Best match, click the Printers & Scanners option.
- Click the + icon to add your HP LaserJet 1320 printer.
- Make sure that your printer’s name and model number are correct.
So, your HP LaserJet 1320 printer is successfully installed on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now right-click on the Computer option and select Manage from the given options.
- Select Device Manager and click Other Devices from the drop-down list.
- Right-click on your printer’s name and select Update Driver Software.
- From the next window, click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and hit the Next option appropriately.
- Once the setup is done, hit the Finish button.
Why do you need printer drivers? (The answer to this query is given below)
Printer drivers are an essential tool that allows the printer to communicate with your computer. Without printer drivers, it is hard to perform all the printer functions effectively.
Driver downloading procedure:
- First, go to your computer and visit the HP printer official website.
- Choose the OS family and OS version.
- Once selected, click on Change.
- Click on the relevant printer driver.
- Read all the license agreements in the next window and click on Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Once the download is over, you can carry on with the driver installation process.
Driver installation procedure:
- Locate the downloaded setup file.
- Launch the software file.
- In the Security Warnings window, click the Run button to extract all the files.
- Click Yes in the setup.exe window to proceed further.
- Select the preferred language and click OK.
- Go through the End-User License Agreement and click on the Yes button.
- Choose your connection type.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and establish a connection between your HP LaserJet 1320 printer and the computer.
- Click Finish to close the installation window.
- Once the installation is over and you have connected the printer to your PC, then cross-check by printing a test page. Now we have learned how to install HP Laserjet 1320 Printer in Windows 10.
Tip: It is advised to restart the computer and printer (Once driver installation is over).
Note: The above driver download and installation steps will apply for both Windows and Mac computers.
Small Suggestion – If you face any trouble right from the unboxing to the printer driver installation, then call our technicians to get the best help possible.