HOW TO INSTALL HP DESKJET D2660 PRINTER?
The HP DeskJet D2660 printer is an inkjet machine that can print 28 pages per minute. You can conveniently connect it to your computer via a USB cable, but it doesn’t support wireless printing. If you want to know how to install HP Deskjet d2660 printer, continue to read this article till the end.
Unpack your printer
- Unbox your printer and take out everything you received.
- Your package includes the HP DeskJet D2660 printer, ink cartridges, power cord, installation CD, and a quick setup guide.
- Discard all the packing materials from your printer and its components.
- Check whether all the items are delivered without any damage.
Connect your printer to a power outlet
- Take the supplied power cord and the power adapter and connect them.
- Now, connect the supplied power cord to your printer and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your printer and choose your preferences, including date and time.
Load your paper
- Move the width guides in the input tray to the extreme ends.
- Take a paper stack and fan the sheets neatly.
- Load the stack into the input tray and fit the guides against the stack.
Install the cartridges
- Take the supplied cartridges and unpack them.
- Take off the protective tapes from each cartridge.
- Open the cartridge access door of the HP DeskJet printer and insert the cartridges into the respective slots.
- Press each cartridge until it fits in its place.
Install the software
- Software installation enables you to print the documents from your computer. You can use the supplied CD-ROM to install the required software on your computer. In case your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, you can get the software from HP’s official website.
- Connect the USB cable between your printer and the computer.
- Take the installation CD you received with your printer and load it into your computer’s CD drive.
- Run the setup file and click Yes if you see the User Account Control dialog box.
- When the license agreement screen appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- Follow the instructions and complete the installation.
- To get the driver, visit HP’s official website from your default browser. Enter your printer model and download the printer driver recommended for your OS. Then, install it on your computer by following the instructions.
- From now on, you can simply utilize the installed printer driver to print your documents.
Now we have learned how to install HP Deskjet D2660 Printer. If you have any other questions, get back to us for remote assistance.