Solutions for 123.hp.com/envy7155 Setup
We Provide Quick Procedure for 123.hp.com/envy7155 Printer Setup from our technical experts.
Easy 123.hp.com/setup 7155 Unboxing
- Lift the printer out of the box and take off all the protective tape and packing materials from it.
- Lift up the scanner lid and peel off the protective tape from there and the control panel of the printer as well.
- Raise the cartridge access door by gripping the handles on either side of the printer and take off all the protective tape from there.
- Plug in the power cable that was shipped along with your printer to the rear of your printer and to an electrical supply outlet on the wall.
- Switch on the printer by clicking on the Power button on the control panel.
- Set your preferences for language, time and date. Click on Yes to save the changes.
- After opening the ink cartridge access door, wait for the carriage to move to the center of the printer.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its package and make sure to touch only the black plastic region.
Free HP Envy 7155 Driver Download
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. 123 HP Envy 7155 Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
HP Envy 7155 How to Print?
- Check for and remove any left over paper from the main input tray of the printer.
- Load the photo paper into the input tray with the short edge forward. Depending on the type of printer, the print side or glossy side should face up or down.
- Move the paper width guides inwards such that they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Make sure to make the required edits to the photograph before printing.
- Open the photograph using Windows Image Viewer or some other application.
- Click on File and then on Print. Access more settings like print quality and print number by clicking on Document Properties.
- Choose between Portrait and Landscape for orientation.
- If your 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer has more than one input tray, choose the tray you wish to choose.
- Set the type of paper properly- choose matte or glossy finish or HP photo paper according to what you have loaded in the input tray.
- Choose between Draft, Normal or Best for the print quality.
- Choose to print in color or black and white by clicking on the required in.
- Make sure to save your changes by clicking on OK.
- Proceed to print.
Resolve 123.hp.com/envy7155 Network Scanner Connection Error
- Make sure that the issue is print related. If the issue occurs when you scan and not when you print, continue to the next step.
- Restart all the devices in use and check the settings of your scan job.
- Switch off the printer and computer. Connect the power cable to the printer’s rear and to a socket on the wall directly.
- Switch on the computer and printer and check Windows for your HP printer.
- Under the Printer tab, check the scanner settings. If you were not able to find the name of your printer, do the following.
- Check the network status of the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer. If it is a wired connection, make sure the 123.hp.com/setup 7155 are secure. If it is a wireless connection, check the signal strength.
- Make sure to place a network enabled printer close to the router to ensure that it gets good signal strength.
- The router in use must be operating in the 2.4 GHz band and not the 5.0 GHz band. Although routers can work in both bands, printers can work mostly only in the 2.4 GHz band.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to identify and rectify any issues on the printer.
- If you see a white checkmark after running the HP Print and Scan Doctor, it means the printer cleared the test.
- If you see a white wrench, it means that the Scan doctor found and repaired it as well.
- If you see a yellow exclamation mark, the printer failed the test and needed user action, but this step was skipped.
- If you see a red X displayed on the screen, use the instructions on the screen to resolve the issue.
- If HP Print and Scan Doctor did not help resolve the issue, try uninstalling the existing printer software and re – 123.hp.com/setup 7155 an upgraded version of the software.
- Briefly disable firewall on the computer in use to check if it is blocking communication between the printer and computer.
- Use other options to scan. See if the scan was successful.
How to Replace HP Envy 7155 Ink Cartridge?
- HP Instant Ink is a subscription- based service available to 123.hp.com/envy7155 Printer users. It is a cost-effective and simple method to ensure that you do not run out of cartridges.
- HP Instant Ink uses Web Services to keep track of your ink cartridge usage and need.
- It keeps track of when you are about to run out of ink based on your usage and sends in ink cartridges before you run out.
- The replacement ink cartridge may take over a week to arrive and is calculated prior enough so you don’t run out of ink in the meanwhile.
- HP Instant Ink is not available through external retailers. The only way to get it is by signing up to the HP Instant Ink subscription service.
- Sign into your HP Connected Account to check the delivery status of the replacement cartridge.
- Under the Status icon, click on Refresh to get the latest update on your shipment.
- If your printer is not shown online, your printer to the network and try again.
- Under the My Ink tab, see if it says Instant Ink Cartridge Installed. This means your 123.hp.com/setup 7155 is correct and you will receive a new ink cartridge long before you run out.
- You will also be able to see if the HP Envy 7155 ink cartridge has been shipped or delivered.
- Use the tracking number provided to track the delivery status of the cartridge.
- To check previous shipments, click on My Ink in the left side of the screen and click View Entire Shipment History of 123.hp.com/envy7155 Printer.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.