123 HP Envy 7640 Cannot Connect to Web Services
The printer may not connect to Web Services, and your 123 HP Envy 7640 printer or computer shows one of the following error messages :
- Server Connection Error. There was a problem linking to the server. Click on retry, or OK to exit.
- Server Connection Error. Unable to connect to Web Services. Check Internet access and attempt again.
- Web Services issues. Problem linking to Web Services server.
Step 1 : Ensure your printer aids Web Services
Ensure your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer aids in Web Services by looking for an HP ePrint logo, button, or icon on the printer control panel.
Step 2 : Monitor the network and printer connection status
Ensure your wired (Ethernet) or wireless network is working properly and the printer is linked.
- Ensure the 123 HP Setup Envy 7640 printer is not linked with a USB cable and verify if your 123 HP Envy 7640 printer meets the requirements below.
- Check the router band :Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is allowed and broadcasted.
- Ensure printer is not linked to other guest networks like in schools , hotels, or home networks and is associated to the existing wired/wireless network .
- Wireless network connection : Access the Wireless Network or Settings menu to confirm the wireless feature is switched on, and then ensure the Wireless icon light is solid and blue.
- Wired (Ethernet) network connection : Ratify that the cable is linked to the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer Ethernet port and to an available port on the router.
- The green link light should be stable, and the orange activity light should flash when the cable is linked.
- On your computer, select the network icon in the menu bar to locate the network name and status of the connection.
- If the selected network is not yours, you should reconnect to your own network before switching on Web Services.
- If the network signal strength is weak, place both the computer and printer at equal distance to the router.
- If the network status is not connected, approve your network is working correctly, and then check the position again. Make certain a check mark or connected status shows next to the network name.
Step 3 : Switch on Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
Using the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer EWS to switch on Web Service might resolute any communication problems with the printer control panel.
- Try Printing the network Configuration Page.
- Printers with LCD and text-based control panels : Print the page from the Wireless, Network Settings or Setup option.
- Printers with basic control panels (buttons only) : Print the page using the button combinations on the 123 HP Envy 7640 printer control panel.
- Find the URL for EWS from the Network Configuration Page. Enter the address in the Internet browser and then hit Enter.
- If a website security certificate shows in the Internet browser, select Continue.
- The EWS webpage for the printer displays, which checks that the 123 HP Setup Envy 7640 printer is on the same network as the computer.
- On the EWS webpage, choose the Web Services tab.
- On the Web Services Setup page, select Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and then track the on-screen instructions to print from your web-enabled HP printer over a wireless network.
Step 4 : Ratify the Internet proxy server settings
For networks that use proxy servers, upgrade the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.
- Find the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows : Browse Windows for Internet, and then select Internet Options in the list of options. On the Internet Properties window, select the Connections tab, choose your network, if needed, and then select Settings.
- The network settings menu exhibits with the proxy settings.
- Mac : Access System Preferences, and then select Network. On the Network window, choose Advanced, select the Proxies tab, and then choose your proxy, if required.
Type down the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection. From the EWS, select the Web Services tab, and then choose Proxy Settings. Enter the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then select Apply. Attempt to turn on Web Services.
Step 5 : Upgrade the printer firmware
HP regularly discharges 123 HP Setup Envy 7640 printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolute the issue.
- Assure the printer is on and linked to the computer, either over your local network or a USB cable.
- Choose your operating system if required. Download the latest printer’s firmware if available.
- Choose Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended), select Next, and then choose Install now.
- When the 123 HP Envy 7640 Printer Update window unlocks, see if the printer serial number shows.
- If the serial number shows, choose the checkbox next to it, and then select Update.
- If the serial number displays but the status is ‘not applicable’ you do not need to finish the firmware update. Choose Cancel.
- If the serial number does not display and your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer uses a network connection, link a USB cable to the printer and computer, pause 20 seconds, and then select Refresh. When the serial number shows, choose the checkbox next to it, and then select Update.
When the upgrade completes, select OK. If you linked a USB cable to upgrade your network printer, take away the USB driver downloaded by Windows.
- Browse Windows for Devices and Printers, and then select Devices and Printers in the list of options.
- Right-click the USB printer device that equals your 123 HP Setup Envy 7640 printer model, and then choose Remove Device.
- Detach the USB cable from the printer and the computer, and then reboot the computer.
Step 6 : Upgrade the router firmware
Outdated router firmware may affect performance, security, or prevent the router from accessing the Internet.
- Open an Internet browser, type the router IP address in the browser address bar, and then press Enter.
- Log in to your router web-based setup page, if required.
- Find the option to upgrade the firmware. You might find the update option in the Administration, Utilities, Tools, or Maintenance menu. Denote to the documentation that came with your router or contact the manufacture for more information.
- If the router firmware is outdated, track the on-screen instructions to update the firmware, and then attempt to connect to Web Services.
- If the router firmware is up to date, proceed to the next step.
Step 7 : Examine the printer
Examine the 123 HP Envy 7640 printer to complete all preceding steps. Repair fees may apply for out-of-date products.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/envy7640