HP Envy 5645 Unbox Printer Setup
- Unbox the printer and remove all packaging material from it. Also, check the packaging material.
- Pull out the paper tray, load the paper correctly with the help of engraved signage and insert the paper tray back into the printer.
- Connect the power cord with the printer and electrical socket.
- Turn on the printer.
- Choose the language according to your region as per the printer model.
Follow the following process to establish 123.hp.com/envy 5645 printer connection
Step 1 : Connect your HP printer to the computer and network, before installing the built in printer driver.
To make the wireless connection work, recheck that the computer has an active network connection, the printer’s wireless feature is on through control panel icon, and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer or device. Mostly all latest HP printers have a wireless icon with a blue light on the control panel of the printer. Make sure the blue light is blinking.
Wired (Ethernet) connection
Make sure the computer is connected to an active network connection and the printer is on the same network too. Check the Ethernet cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port on the rear. The green light is steady, and the orange activity light ideally blinks when the cable connects.
Make sure the computer has a USB port available, and the USB cable is long enough to place the printer at a good distance with the other USB device. Do not plug the USB into the computer until it is prompted on the screen.
Step 2 : The built-in print driver automatically initiates the installation process once you connect the printer or computer to the network.
- If you are use a wired (Ethernet) or wireless connection, Windows RT detects the printer on the network and automatically starts the installing the built-in print driver for the printer.
- If you are use a USB connection, you need to connect a USB cable to the USB port on the printerat the rear, and then to the computer. Windows RT detects and automatically installs the built-in print driver for the printer.
Step 3 : The printer is ready to print, check the printing process by printing a document or photo.
- There are two options to get the documents print from.
- Print from Start Screen app- You can print a document or photo from start screen app, like internet explorer through device option in the Charms Bar.
- From the start search bar, open the app you wish to print from.
- Once you open the print app, swipe the right side of the screen, or move the cursor to the lower- or upper-right corner of the screen to click on the Charms bar.
- Click Devices, and then click the HP printer that you installed.
- Click Print.
- Print from Desktop app- You can easily print from the Desktop app like you send the the MS office word document to the printer to print.
- Click the Desktop app you want to print from.
- Click on the File you wish to print, and then click Print. The Print window appears. (You can additionally make certain changes if you wish to)
- In the Select Printer section, click on the name of your printer.
- Click OK to print.
123.hp.com/envy 5645 Mobile Print
The HP ePrint app is an application that allows you to get the printing jobs done through any eprint enabled HP printer if it is connected to the same local wifi network through which your device is connected.
Airprint is a specialized and unique printing option since, with AirPrint, it’s easy to print full quality photos and documents from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch without having to install additional software.
(You can register your printer with Google Cloud Print through the Chrome browser on any Computer or device you wish to print from. You can register your printer with Google Cloud Print through the Chrome browser on any Computer or device you wish to print from.)
How to scan
This scan software is present in all the HP printers released in 2011 or later, from which you can complete all your scan jobs via computer or HP printers, edit scan quality settings and save the scan jobs as PDFs as well through the following simple steps.
- Place the photo on the scanner glass for scanning a photograph and for scanning the document, load the document in the document feeder slot or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), depending on your 123.hp.com/envy 5645 printer type and features.
- On your computer, search Windows to specify your printer model, then click the printer name in the list of results that appears afterwards. HP Printer Assistant opens.
- Click on Scan a Document or Photo and then HP Scan option opens.
- Click on the document or photo you wish to scan.
- Select Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make additional edits to the scan before saving it.
- Click Advanced Settings or More to make changes such as quality, color, and default scan saving folder.
- Click on Scan. The printer scans the item, then a preview of the scan displays in HP Scan.
- You can make changes after scan as well, do the changes if you wish to or if necessary.
- Click on Save option. The Save as pop up appears, you can give a name to the file and save it in the folder of your choice.
Scanning documents and photos from Mac is easy and simple too if you have few specific scan apps installed. A variety of scan methods are available as per the printer and operating system version you are using. Use the following guide if you have 123.hp.com/envy 5645 Easy Scan App installed in your Mac or OS X 10.9 or later devices.
- On your Mac computer, search scan app and then click on HP Easy App.
- Place the document or photo with printed side down on the scanner glass and close the scanner lid.You can use it to scan multiple page documents at one time, if your 123.hp.com/envy 5645 printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF) feature in your HP printer.
- In HP Easy Scan app, select your HP printer name from the Scanner drop down menu.
- Choose your scan type from the Presets menu. You can make changes to the basic settings in the preset you selected through Edit Settings option.
- Click on Scan option.
- Click Scan Next Item to add additional pages, or click Done.
- Click on the thumbnail icons of the scanned item in the left panel and view the scan items in the right preview lane.
- Click Edit to adjust colors, straighten the scan, or to crop the size if required.
- Click Send in the bottom right corner of the window, then click Folder to save your scan jobs to a folder on the Mac computer or device.
- In the window that displays, click the Where menu to browse to the folder you want to save the file to, then click Save.
- To view your scan, open the folder in which you saved all your scan jobs and double-click the file.
Wireless WEP Password
You need wireless network password (WEP) to connect your 123.hp.com/envy 5645 printer to the wireless network to print wirelessly from any where. The password might be called the Wi-Fi security key, WEP key, or WPA or WPA2 passphrase. This password is generally provided by your internet service provider and is different from printer claim code which is required to register your HP printer with HP connected. Just incase, if you misplace or cannot recall the password for your wireless network, you might find it through your computer, on your router, or on paperwork provided by your Internet service provider. Read More
Rarely, you would find your 123.hp.com/envy 5645 printer displaying Offline status which indicates that you computer/device isn’t able communicate with the printer. This offline message appears when the printer is powered off, or a USB cable connection has become disconnected.
Check the connectivity between the printer and Windows
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor app, since it is known to solve several issues automatically related to connectivity.
- On your Windows screen home page, double click on the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon to open the tool.
- The Welcome Screen appears, click Start here.
Check the connectivity between the printer and the Mac
- Detach the USB cable and reconnect it again to the Mac.
- Turn off the printer through a power button and wait for five seconds.
- Detach the USB cable from the back of the printer where you see all the power ports.
(To know more about maintaining the ink cartridges of your printer and rectify the issue totally click on) Read More…
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.