Easy HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup
Install the full feature printer driver and proceed with the on-screen instructions for a HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup. Or continue with the below-mentioned steps.
How to Connect HP Envy 5540 Printer to Wireless in Windows?
- Learn the router’s network name and its password.
- Turn on the router, computer, and printer.
- Connect the computer to the wireless network to which the printer is about to be connected.
- Remove any cables attached to the printer prior to the network 123.hp.com/setup 5540.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Go to the Settings icon and touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Pick your wireless network name from the list and enter the network key.
- Touch Done and then click OK.
How to Connect HP Envy 5540 Printer to Wireless in Mac?
- Collect the name of your network and password.
- Unplug all the cables attached to the printer.
- Switch on your Mac computer, printer and the router.
- Touch the Wireless icon on the printer’s operation panel.
- Go ahead with the instructions of the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Find your network name enlisted and tap it.
- Key in the password with the on-screen keyboard.
- Click Done upon the completion of the setup process.
HP Envy 5540 Wireless Direct Setup
The directives provided here is for HP Envy Printers that are compatible with Wireless direct option Connection type.
A Wireless- Direct connection enables you to hp envy 5540 wireless setup without the use of a local network. When you commence HP wireless direct on your Envy 5540 printer, the documents or photos can be printed from maximum Wi- Fi capable computers and mobile devices.
Print from a mobile device with HP wireless direct
Alter the wireless network connection to the printer’s HP wireless direct connection to your printer from your smartphone or tablet. The HP wireless direct connection is applicable only to the printer. When you alter the connection type from your local network to your printer’s HP wireless direct connection, connect your printer to the local network again after printing to access the Internet.
- To activate the wireless feature on your 123.hp.com/envy5540, tap the HP wireless direct button on the printer’s control panel.
- If the printer asks for a password, then choose On or On with security. Make a note of the security password, and then tap the ok option.
- Go to Settings on your Mobile device, below the Settings option, tap on the Wi- Fi option-> HP Print- yy (name of your printer) from the filtered networks.
- If admonished, key in the security code from the control panel of your printer.
- Access the materials whose print has to be carried out, and then proceed with the Print option from the application menu or the action menu.
- You can see a list of printer names from which you can choose yours and tap the Print option.
- Re- link the mobile device to the normal wireless network, once the printing gets over.
Printing the materials straight from a computer using Wireless Direct
Skip the connection to HP Wireless Direct feature from the wireless connection to commence the print job from your Smartphone or Tablet. The HP wireless direct is applicable only to printers. It is necessary to establish the hp envy 5540 wireless setup to your local network after printing when you bounce to the HP Wireless Direct option.
Ratify that your computer is installed with HP print driver.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, choose the HP wireless direct icon, or direct to Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu to choose Wireless Direct, and then start to connect.
- If the printer asks for the password, go with the On with security option. Obtain the security password, follow the procedure after tapping the OK option.
- Access the Mobile Settings, below the setting category, tap the Wi- Fi option and then HP-Print-yy-[name of your printer] from the network list.
- Open the item you wish to print and tap on Print.
- Proceed with your print name from the printer’s list, and then tap to Print.
- Re- establish the wireless network connection on the mobile device, after completing the printing.
Connecting HP Wireless direct compatible HP printer to the computer via USB cable
If the printer driver corresponding to the USB connection is done on your computer earlier, select the Connect Later option while installing the printer driver. Once the installation gets over, configure the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer with the direct hp envy 5540 wireless setup.
- The wireless feature on the HP Envy 5540 printer can be activated by tapping the wireless direct icon or Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu to Wireless Direct option on the control panel of the printer.
- If the printer admonishes for a password while connecting the printer, tap On or On with security. Jot down the security password, and then proceed with the Ok option.
- Log in your computer or laptop and then tap on the wireless icon or move to the Settings, tap on the Wi- Fi option, and then go ahead with HP-Print-yy-[name of your printer] from the list of available networks.
- If urged, key in the security passcode from the printer display.
- You can open the installed program list or application files from the computer, tap the HP folder, and then choose Envy printer name.
- Follow by Printer Setup & Software option, and then tap Connect a new printer.
- You will be instructed to choose Wireless option and then Next.
- Your printer name gets chosen, and then take a glimpse at the prompts to finish the connection and installation procedure.
- Open the Printers folder from the computer settings or control panel display, and then look for the two symbols that are displayed for your printer model.
- You are admonished to choose the network name so that you can print using the HP wireless direct option.
- You are supposed to make the hp envy 5540 wireless setup between your printer and the computer over the normal wireless network.
Installing the printer driver on the computer using HP Wireless Direct feature
Install and establish the wireless setup by utilizing the HP Envy 5540 Wireless Direct connection rather than using the wireless connection through the router, this leads you to install the updated driver.
Employ CD for Windows OS only to install the driver
After activating the HP Wireless direct Signal on your printer, insert the installation CD which you buy for installing the driver for your Envy printer. When you are urged to select a connection type while installing the driver, go with the Wireless option.
- To activate the wireless connection, tap the wireless direct button or Network Setup or Wireless Settings on the printer display.
- If it prompts for a password, press the On or On with security option and note down the security code to employ it for further use. Then press Ok.
- Tap either the wireless icon from your computer or laptop. Then select the printer model name from the existing network list.
- If admonished, key in the security passcode from the Envy 5540 printer display.
- Place the CD in the disc drive, and then pause for a while until the installation starts.
- Choose the Wireless connection option, if needed and then choose your printer name to finish the entire installation process.
- All Set! The connection is established between the mobile device and wireless network again, after completing the installation procedure.
Steps to install the driver from our website
Before you make an attempt to connect the printer and computer using direct hp envy 5540 wireless setup, store the driver file which is available on our website. The installation gets started, once the connection is established.
- Select Software & Driver located at the top of the page, key in the printer model (if admonished), choose the OS and then go with the Download option below Driver – Product Installation Software.
- Suppose the Download and Install Assistant window is screened, tap Download only-> Next, and then go with the prompts to save the driver file to the computer.
- Navigate to the printer control panel display, press the HP Wireless direct symbol or move to the Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu-> Wireless Direct and then link the printer to the computer.
- From the computer tap the wireless symbol and then choose the HP-Print-yy-[model name of your printer] from the sorted networks list.
- If required, key in the security passcode from the printer display.
- It is necessary to run the downloaded file, wait until the installation process is about to start.
- When admonished, you should select the selection type as Wireless, and then follow with the HP Envy 5540 printer name complete the installation process successfully.
- Your computer gets hp envy 5540 wireless setup successfully once the installation process is completed.