Scan to Computer
123 HP Envy 5540 Steps to be performed while scanning to Computer
The photos or documents that are to be scanned from the control panel get displayed on your system, ratify that the system is powered on and you have installed the latest printer driver. After it is done, your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer gets enabled and is connected to the computer using a USB cable or over the local wireless network.
Step 1 : The photo or document that you need to scan is to be mounted
You can start the scanning process after placing the documents on the scanner glass or in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Press the power button to switch on your printer.
- Keep the photos or documents in any one of the below-mentioned places in the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer.
- Scanner glass : The documents should be placed in a way that the printed side is located down on the scanner glass, and then placed it according to the inscribed guides around the glass. The scanner lid can be latched after performing all the instructions mentioned above.
- ADF : The document feeder tray should be piled with the required documents. Ratify that the printed side faces up and the top edge of the paper reaches into the tray first. Align the width guides in such a way that they fit the documents.
Step 2 : Mount the materials to be scanned
Select the documents or photos which you wish to scan and then send the selected document to a designated folder on your system.
- Go to the printer display, tap on the Scan symbol.
- Tap the Computer option, so that you can scan to the network connected printer.
- Search for and tap your printer name where you would like to save the scan.
- Tap on the Scan Shortcut option, and then proceed with a shortcut that matches your 123.hp.com/envy5540 document or photo whose scanning is carried out.
Steps to be done for scanning to a memory device
Scan photos or documents from your HP Envy 5540 printer and then save it on a memory device.
Step 1 : The photo or document is to be mounted in the respective place
You are instructed to mount the materials either on the scanner glass or in the Automatic Feeder tray.
- Use the power button to power up your 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer.
- Place the items to be scanned on any one of the below-mentioned parts of your printer.
- Scanner glass : Ratify that the material’s empty page is not facing the scanner glass, and then keep it based on the inscribed guides around the glass. The scanner lid should be shut down.
- ADF : Make sure that the items are fed into the document feeder tray. The empty page should not face up and the top edge should be the one to enter the feeder tray first. The width guides are changed in order to place the document properly.
Step 2 : Scan the necessary materials
Select the memory device, and then start to scan from the printer display.
- The memory should be inserted into the 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer.
- Go with the Scan option from the printer display.
- Tap on the Memory device option-> File Type-> Resolution.
- The scanning process starts only when you tap the Start Scan option.
Scan directly to e-mail (applicable only for 123 HP Envy 5540 wireless Internet connections)
You can scan photos and documents to numerous email address directly from the printer’s control panel display.
Step 1 : Prepare for the scan job
Ratify that your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer is connected to the wireless network and Web Service is enabled so that you can perform the scan to email feature.
- Make sure that your printer is on and linked to the local wireless network. Tap on the Wireless symbol on the printer’s control panel to verify the connection status.
- Go with the Web Services symbol to ratify that Web Services gets activated on your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer.
Step 2 : Make your printer to the Scan to Email profile
To enable the scan to email feature on the 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer, you should possess an email address. Select the type of operating system which you use to generate your email.
- Go to the printer’s control panel display, proceed with the Scan symbol option and then with the Email option.
- Press Continue on the home screen.
- Tap inside the Email: box, index your email address and then press Done.
- Proceed with the Continue option.
- A unique PIN (Provider Identification Number) is sent to the email address that you have indexed. Proceed with the Continue option.
- Key in the PIN and then proceed with the Done option.
- On the basis of how your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer saves the login details, click Store Email or Auto- login.
Step 3: The photo or document is to be mounted
Take out the help of the prompts and scan the materials from the scanner glass or from the automatic document feeder.
- Power up your HP printer by pressing the Power button.
- The items should be loaded either in the scanner glass or on the automatic document feeder based on the requirements.
- Scanner glass : The materials which are to be scanned should be placed with the printed side down on the scanner glass, and then locate it based on the marked guides around the glass. Once all is well set, you can shut down the scanner lid.
- ADF : The materials such as photos or documents should be placed in the document feeder tray. Ensure that the printed side is faced up whereas the upper edge moves into the tray firstly. The paper width guides can be slide in or slide out to fix the document correctly.
Step 4 : Mounting the items to be scanned
Go with the type of scan and the index the email address which is used to send the scan.
- In the 123 HP Envy 5540 printer’s control panel, tap the Scan icon, and then touch Email.
- In the control panel display, choose the corresponding account and then tap Continue.
- Tap the created email profile, index in with the password if required, and then scan the item.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/envy5540