123.hp.com/dj2542 Printer Setup Guide
HP Deskjet 2542 Unbox Printer Setup
- Remove the 123.hp.com/dj2542 printer from the box and discard the plastic tape from it. You can also recycle the wrapping materials.
- Plug in the printer to a wall outlet and then switch on your printer. Connect the power cord to the back of the printer and the electrical socket.
- Install the HP ink cartridges in their respective slots. Ascertain that you touch only the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- You can discard the plastic tape from the ink cartridge and then insert plain paper into the input tray.
- Now, install the printer software and then follow the prompts on the alignment page to complete the ink cartridge alignment.
HP Deskjet 2542 Driver and Manual Download
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect HP Deskjet 2542 printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
123.hp.com/dj2542 Printer Functions
HP Deskjet 2542 Printing
- For best results, you need to open the print window to alter any print job settings.
- To modify text font and size, select layout options and to alter any other appearance settings, edit the document.
- Now, click File and then select the Print option. You may observe that the printer settings window opens.
- Choose the 123.hp.com/dj2542 printer model from the Printer menu and then choose an option that applies to your print job or paper type from the Presets menu.
- To choose different settings types, click on the unnamed menu at the center of the window and then modify any settings.
- Note that the print settings and menu names differ by the printer and the application you are printing from. Now, you can tap the print option.
HP Deskjet 2542 Scan Setup
- Scan both the photo or document to your system. You just need to select the file type you wish to save and then scan the required item.
- Now, tap the Scan option, then select Computer to scan to the connected computer. Choose your PC model where you want to save the scan to.
- To save it either as a PDF or JPEG file, ensure that you choose the scan-to type option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning.
- The Save as PDF setting permits you can scan the text documents that are not editable whereas the save as JPEG setting helps to scan pictures and images.
- To add another page to the same scan file, tap Yes or tap No if you do not have another page to scan, in case you want to scan another item.
HP Deskjet 2542 Copy Setup
- In order to copy documents or photos from the printer’s control panel, switch on the printer and then ascertain that the paper is loaded in the input tray.
- You can mount a single photo or a single document page in the scanner with the print side up.
- Ascertain that you do not load the document that is too thick or stiff to bend in half without creasing the original.
- Remove the original and then load it into the scanner again if you notice that the scanner does not pull in and hold the original.
- Click on the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button. If required, increase the number of copies by pressing the button multiple times.
- You may observe that copying starts after 2 seconds and that the 123.hp.com/dj2542 scans the original and then prints your copy.
HP Deskjet 2542 Wireless Setup
HP Deskjet 2542 Wireless Setup in Windows
- Turn on the router and the OS. Now, verify if the printer and OS are connected to the same wireless network.
- Once you set up the printer, mount paper in the input tray and then insert the cartridges. To set up and manage the printer wireless connection to your Windows PC, provide an accessible way.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Wireless icon. Now, the Wireless Summary appears on the screen.
- Click Settings, then tap Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Now, begin the software installation and then you can download and install the HP full feature printer driver.
- Disconnect any USB cables from the printer, if necessary and when prompted, click My Printer Is Not Shown to select the 123.hp.com/dj2542 printer.
- Now, a Printer Not Found screen displays. Tap Continue and then choose Wireless network as the connectivity option.
- Tap Continue and then follow the prompts on the screen to set up your printer on this network.
HP Deskjet 2542 Wireless Setup in Mac
- Switch on the router and PC and ensure that they are connected to the same wireless network.
- Set up the printer, place paper in the input tray and then insert the ink cartridge in the slot.
- On the printer’s control panel, ensure that the wireless light is blinking and also that the power button light is bright.
- Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button simultaneously if you find that the wireless light is not blinking.
- Now, the wireless light may blink. Repeat the above steps if you find that the wireless light does not blink.
- After the software downloads, select HP Easy Start and then tap Set Up My Printer.
- Now, on the Terms and Conditions screen, click Accept and on the Prepare screen, tap Continue.
- On the control panel, ensure that the power button light is bright. The Connect screen may list your 123.hp.com/dj2542 printer series. Follow the prompts on the screen to print a Test Page.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/dj2542