123.hp.com/dj2542 Printer Setup
Easy Procedure for 123.hp.com/dj2542 Printer Solutions from our technical experts.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 2542 Printer?
- Attach the power cord to the purple port on the back of the printer.
- Power it up with the nearby wall socket.
- Fire up the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Unwrap the ink cartridges and peel off the orange tapes from them.
- Load them in the corresponding ink cartridge slots.
- Lift the carriage access lid and insert paper sheets into it.
- Connect the printer to your home network with the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Install the printer driver on your computer with the supplied CD.
- Opt for wireless setup and follow the on-screen directions.
- Click open the printer driver once it is installed.
- Configure the printer settings as per your preferences.
- Begin to perform the printer functions with the printer application.
Free 123.hp.com/dj2542 Driver and Manual Download
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect 123.hp.com/dj2542 printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
HP Deskjet 2542 Printer Functions
HP Deskjet 2542 How to Print?
- For best results, you need to open the print window to alter any print job settings.
- To modify text font and size, select layout options and to alter any other appearance settings, edit the document.
- Now, click File and then select the Print option. You may observe that the printer settings window opens.
- Choose the printer model from the Printer menu and then choose an option that applies to your print job or paper type from the Presets menu.
- To choose different settings types, click on the unnamed menu at the center of the window and then modify any settings.
- Note that the print settings and menu names differ by the 123.hp.com/dj2542 printer and the application you are printing from. Now, you can tap the print option.
HP Deskjet 2542 How to Scan?
- Scan both the photo or document to your system. You just need to select the file type you wish to save and then scan the required item.
- Now, tap the Scan option, then select Computer to scan to the connected computer. Choose your PC model where you want to save the scan to.
- To save it either as a PDF or JPEG file, ensure that you choose the scan-to type option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning.
- The Save as PDF setting permits you can scan the text documents that are not editable whereas the save as JPEG setting helps to scan pictures and images.
- To add another page to the same scan file, tap Yes or tap No if you do not have another page to scan, in case you want to scan another item.
HP Deskjet 2542 How to Copy?
Quick Wireless 123.hp.com/setup 2542
How to Connect HP Deskjet 2542 to Wireless in Windows?
- Turn on the router and the OS. Now, verify if the 123.hp.com/dj2542 printer and OS are connected to the same wireless network.
- Once you set up the printer, mount paper in the input tray and then insert the cartridges. To set up and manage the printer wireless connection to your Windows PC, provide an accessible way.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Wireless icon. Now, the Wireless Summary appears on the screen.
- Click Settings, then tap Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Now, begin the software 123.hp.com/setup 2542 and then you can download and install the HP full feature printer driver.
- Disconnect any USB cables from the printer, if necessary and when prompted, click My Printer Is Not Shown to select the printer.
- Now, a Printer Not Found screen displays. Tap Continue and then choose Wireless network as the connectivity option.
- Tap Continue and then follow the prompts on the screen to set up your 123.hp.com/dj2542 printer on this network.
How to Connect HP Deskjet 2542 to Wireless in Mac?
- Switch on the router and PC and ensure that they are connected to the same wireless network.
- Set up the printer, place paper in the input tray and then insert the ink cartridge in the slot.
- On the printer’s control panel, ensure that the wireless light is blinking and also that the power button light is bright.
- Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button simultaneously if you find that the wireless light is not blinking.
- Now, the wireless light may blink. Repeat the above steps if you find that the wireless light does not blink.
- After the software downloads, select HP Easy Start and then tap Set Up My Printer.
- Now, on the Terms and Conditions screen, click Accept and on the Prepare screen, tap Continue.
- On the 123.hp.com/dj2542 control panel, ensure that the power button light is bright. The Connect screen may list your printer series. Follow the prompts on the screen to print a Test Page.