123 HP DJ2135 Printer Functions Setup
Scanning From Windows
- Search for the name of your 123.hp.com/setup 2135 printer on windows and open it. Press Scan A Document Or Photo. Click on Additional Settings to change settings such as color and quality.
- Press the Scan button. Once the document is scanned, enter the name and type of the file and click Save.
- To scan with Paint, open the application and click From Scanner Or Camera on the File menu. To alter settings, click on the Adjust The Quality Of Scanned Picture option.
Scanning From Mac
- To scan using HP scan app, place the document on scanner open the application. Select the name of your printer from Scanner menu and edit settings under Presets menu.
- Click Scan and Done to complete scanning. Tap the Action button and choose Folder. Select your destination under Where option and click Save.
- To scan using Image Capture, open it and click on the name of your printer from Devices menu. Customize settings by clicking on Show Details and Scan to start scanning.
- Before printing a document, adjust the layout, font size, and other visible attributes according to your need.
- If you are using a computer with a Windows OS, open the document and click on the File menu. Choose the Print option.
- Click on Print Properties or Properties to customize advanced print settings. You can configure the orientation, the type of paper, size of paper, and even duplex printing.
- Choose if you want to print it in color or black & white. Click Okay to start printing.
- If you are using a computer with MacOS, open the document, click on File and press Print.
- Tap the Show Details button and select the name of your printer from the given list. Open the Presets menu if you want to change any settings such as the quality, color, orientation, and source.
- Select the Two-Sided option for duplex printing. Under Paper Handling menu, click on Odd Only on Pages to Print option and Automatic or Reverse on Page Order option.
- Once configured, click Print.
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/setup 2135 printer and load a stack of paper in it. Place the document that needs to be copied on the scanner glass and close it.
- Tap the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button to copy the document in color or grayscale. Tap the button twice or thrice if you want 2 or 3 copies. You can copy up to 9 copies at once.
- If you have issues in copy quality, switch the printer off; lift the scanner lid and clean it thoroughly.
- Open the ADF cover and clean it with an unstained wet cloth. Close it back after some time.
- If the problem continues, touch the Copy button on your printer control panel. Scroll down to Settings and customize default setting by clicking on Quality or Optimization setting.
- Reset the HP Deskjet 2135 printer once if the problem persists. Remove the power cord with the printer switched on and reconnect it.
- If the issue is not solved, try servicing your printer once.
123 HP Deskjet 2135 Troubleshooting
Printer Is Offline
Scanning From Windows
- Try installing and running HP Print & Scan doctor. Follow the prompted instructions to resolve the issue.
- Reboot the 123.hp.com/dj2135 printer. Open Devices And Printers window and ensure whether the gray or black printer icon has a green checkmark next to it. Right-click on the icon and click See What’s Printing.
- Click Printer option in the displayed window and remove the checkmark near Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline options.
- If it still shows offline, detach and re-establish connections between printer and router.
- Choose the name of your printer on Devices and Printers and under Printer Properties, you will find the Ports tab.Make sure that the right port name with either USB or DOT4 is selected.
- If you still have the issue, update your firmware and re-install the printer software
Scanning From Mac
- Ensure that the connection between your printer and router is stable. Turn your printer off and detach the USB cable. Turn it on and after your printer settles down, plug back the USB and try printing.
- If it shows offline message, reset the printer by plugging out the power cord while the printer is on. Leave it for a while and connect the power cord back.
- Switch the printer on and try printing. If it fails, open Printers and Scanners window on your computer.
- If there are multiple printers with the same name, remove them by clicking on the minus icon next to it.
- In the Printers list remove your 123.hp.com/setup 2135 printer and add it back by pressing the Plus sign. Click on the Use option and choose AirPrint.
- If the problem continues, uninstall the software and re-install with the updated version.
Color or black ink not printing
- Ensure that you use genuine ink cartridges. To know the ink level on windows, open HP Deskjet 2135 Printer Assistant and click on Maintain Your Printer. Under Device Services Tab, click Estimated Ink Levels.
- In your OS X computer, open Printers & Scanners window and click on the name of your printer. Open Settings and click Open Printer Utility. Tap on Supplies Status to know the ink level.
- If the ink level is low, replace it. Switch your printer on and open the ink cartridge access door. Once the printer settles down, open the ink cartridge lid.
- Press the ink cartridge and pull it out by touching only the black part of it. Take the new ink cartridge and strip the packing materials.
- Tear off the plastic tape stick on the nozzle of the ink cartridge. Make sure to hold the nozzle at a slightly upward angle and push it in the slot with the nozzle facing the printer.
- Push the cartridge back into its slot. Ensure that you insert the cartridge into the right slot.
- Repeat the same procedure if you want to replace more ink cartridges. Close the ink cartridge access door and an alignment page will be printed.
- Open the scanner lid up and place a paper on it. Position it according to the guides engraved on the scanner glass. Close the lid back and press the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black button.
- If the problem persists, service your printer.
Paper Mismatch Error
Scanning From Windows
- Open the document you want to print; click on File menu and select Print. Choose the name of your printer from the list and click Properties.
- Open Paper/Quality tab and click on Advanced. Tap the Paper Size button to select the paper size that matches the size of paper loaded.
- Remove all the other papers from the source tray. In the Paper/Quality tab click on Paper Source option and select the correct paper tray.
- Click the Print button to start printing. If the error message re-appears, you need to reset the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer while the printer is turned on and reconnect it back after 60 seconds. Wait until the printer is idle. Try printing now.
Scanning From Mac
- Open the document and click on the Print option from the File menu. Choose your printer from the list and click Paper Size.
- Select the paper size that matches the size of the paper that you have loaded on the paper tray.
- Click Okay to start printing. If the issue recurs, click on System Preferences and open Printers & Scanners tab.
- Remove your printer by pressing the Minus sign next to it. Click on the Plus sign and add it back. Tap the Use button and select the name of your printer. Click Add and restart your system.
- Try printing and open Paper Type/Quality from Print menu. Click on the Source button and choose the correct paper tray.
- Reset your printer and try printing.
Carriage Jam (Resume and Both Ink Alert Lights Blink)
- Remove the jammed paper from your 123.hp.com/setup 2135 printer. The paper could be jammed on input tray, output tray, ink cartridge access area, or on the underneath of printer.
- Press the Cancel button on your printer to remove the paper automatically.
- If the problem persists, remove the paper from the printer manually. Open the input and output tray and pull off the paper from it.
- Make sure that no torn pieces of paper are stuck inside the printer.
- To remove the paper from ink cartridge access area, clasp the printer on either and lift up the ink cartridge access door.
- The ink carriage will start moving to the center of the printer. Wait until it stops and gently push it to the right side.
- Slowly remove the jammed paper from the ink cartridge access area and close the ink cartridge access door back.
- To remove the paper stuck underneath the printer, switch it off and plug all the wires out. Push in the input and output trays.
- Carefully turn the printer upside down, pull the tabs on either side of the cleanout door and open it. Now pull the jammed paper out.
- If the problem continues, open the ink cartridge access door and after the printer comes to an idle position, remove the ink cartridge from its slot.
- Re-insert the cartridges back into the right slot and close the lid and access door.
- Reset the printer by plugging out the power cord and plugging it back. Switch on the 123.hp.com/setup 2135 printer and try printing.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123 HP Deskjet 2135