HP Deskjet 5810 Printer Setup
123.hp.com/dj5810 Print Functions
- Open the document that you want to print on your computer, make the necessary changes to it and click File and then on Print.
- Select your 123.hp.com/dj5810 printer from the list and open the Printer Properties, Properties or Preferences window. In the Properties window, you can change the layout and paper settings like paper type, paper size, etc. for the print job.
- You can also change the print quality of the document based on your requirements. Choose between color, black and white or grayscale for your print and click OK.
- Click Print to start printing the document.
- Open the document and make the necessary changes to it before you click File and then on Print.
- In the HP Deskjet 5810 Printer Setup settings menu, select your printer from the list, and select an option from the Presets menu.
- You can also change the layout of the print, paper type, paper size, source, quality etc. Draft mode prints the document in the lowest quality, which will reduce the amount of ink being used to print the document and makes the process faster.
- Choose between color, black and white or grayscale depending on your needs and Click Print.
- Load the document that you want to scan with the printed side facing down. Align the document according to the engraved lines on the scanner glass. Make sure that the scanner glass is clean before you place the document. Close the scanner lid.
- Click Scan on the printer’s control panel and select the destination in which you want your document to be saved. You can scan the document to your computer or to your email. To scan the document to your email, make sure the printer is HP Deskjet 5810 Printer Setup on a network connection.
- You also need to select the file format in which you want your document to be saved. Select PDF for documents and JPEG for images. It is also important to note that files saved as PDF cannot be edited.
- You can also change the quality and edit other scan settings. Click Scan to start scanning the document.
- Raise the input tray and slide out the paper width guide to the left. Load a stack of paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guide according to the width of the paper.
- Pull out the output tray and raise the tray extender before you proceed to copy the documents.
- Turn on the 123.hp.com/setup 5810 printer and wait till it becomes silent. Check if there are any dust or fingerprints present on the scanner glass and clean them off before you proceed. Load the document that you want to copy into the scanner with the printed side facing down. Align the document according to the engraved lines on the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Click on Start Copy Black to copy documents in black and click on Start Copy Color to copy documents in color. If you want multiple copies of the document, click the button multiple times. The copy starts only 2 seconds after the last button press.
- Click on the Cancel button to try and clear the jam automatically. Check for any paper stuck inside the input and the output tray’s of the 123 HP Deksjet 5810 printer and gently pull it out without tearing it.
- To clear the paper jammed inside the printhead access area, turn off the printer and disconnect the USB cable and the power cord from the printer. Push the output tray into the printer.
- Open the printhead access door and gently slide the cartridge to the right if it is in the center. Check for any paper stuck inside and gently remove it. Close the printhead access door. Also, check for any paper jammed underneath the printer and remove it.
- Check if the cartridges are able to move freely by sliding them to left and right. Use the automated tools inside your printer to clean the paper rollers. Press and hold the power button and click on the Cancel button 3 times. Press Start Copy Color 7 times and release the power button.
- To clean the ink smears, Press and hold the Power button, click on the Cancel button 3 times and press the Start Copy Color 8 times before you release the power button.
- If that did not clear the paper jam, manually clean the paper rollers inside the input tray area and reset the printer by unplugging the power cable with the printer turned on and reconnecting the power cable after a minute.
Scan quality issues
Turn of the printer, unplug the power cord and check for the presence of any fingerprints or dust accumulated on the scanner glass over time. Clean it with a soft damp cloth. Be sure to not spray the water directly on the scanner glass. Reconnect the printer and turn it on. Try scanning a document to check if the issue still persists.
- Try changing the scan settings to check if that helps. Follow the steps mentioned below to do that.
- On Windows, use the HP Printer Assistant to change the scan settings. Load a document or photo that you want to scan and search Windows for your printer model. Click Scan and then on Scan a document or Photo inside the HP Printer Assistant window. Change the scan quality and other settings before you click Scan. Open the scanned document to see if the quality issues have been resolved.
- On Mac, load the document into the scanner and open HP Easy Scan on your Mac. Select your printer name from the Scanner drop-down menu. In the Presets menu, select Edit Settings to change the settings like quality, color, orientation etc. Save the settings and scan the document. Open the scanned file to check if the quality has gotten better.
- Reset the printer if none of the above-mentioned steps worked. Unplug the 123.hp.com/deskjet5810 printer with it turned on and reconnect it after a minute. Turn on the printer and scan a document. If you still have problems with the scanner, call our customer care.
Black or color ink not printing
- Make sure that the cartridges installed in the printer are genuine and check if the transportation ink valve is in the vertical position.
- Turn on the printer and check the position of the blue printhead latch to see if it is properly closed. If the printhead latch is open, you need to replace them.
- Reach inside the printhead access door and move the carriage to the right. Inspect the ink levels in the tube and see if they are properly primed.
- Refill any low or empty ink tanks. Open the ink tank lid and remove the plug from the tank that is being refilled. Pour in the ink from the ink bottle and push the ink tank plug back into place. Repeat the same for all the tanks that need a replacement and close the ink tank lid.
- Use automated tools to clean the printheads. Follow the steps mentioned below to do that.
- On Windows, open HP Printer Assistant and select Maintain Your HP Deskjet 5810 Printer Setup. In the Device Services tab, click Clean Ink Cartridges. A print Quality diagnostic page gets printed. Examine the quality in the print quality diagnostic page. Do a Second-Level Clean if the print quality is poor.
- On a Mac, go to Printers and Scanners menu and select the name of your printer. Click on Open Print Queue and select the Settings option. Click Utility and then on Open Printer Utility. Select Clean Printheads. Do a Second-Level Clean if necessary.
- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the printer’s connectivity. Set the printer as the default printer inside the Devices and Printers menu. Check if a green tick appears next to the printer icon. Right-click on the printer icon and select See What’s Printing and resume the print job that got suspended.
- If the printer does not print the document, reset the printer by unplugging the power cord from the printer while it is still turned on and reconnecting it back after a minute.
- Check if the USB cable connecting the printer is properly inserted and check the connection status for wireless connection. Make sure the right port is selected for both wired and wireless connections. Update the printer firmware and see if that helps. Try setting up the printer manually on the network to see if that helps.
- Check the connectivity between the printer and the Mac. Check if the USB cable is properly connected to the devices in a USB connection. Check the connection status of the printer on a wireless connection.
- Unplug the printer while it is turned on and reconnect it after a minute to reset the printer. Inside the Printers and Scanners menu, remove multiple printers from the list and make your 123.hp.com/dj5810 printer the default printer.
- Delete the existing print queue and add the printer to the computer using the + sign at the bottom of the menu. Reset the printing system by right-clicking on an empty space in the list inside the Printers and Scanners menu. Try printing a document to see if the printer prints.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.