123 HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting
123.hp.com/dj2540 Printer Functions Setup
- You know well that your HP Deskjet 2540 printer provides your high quality printouts.
- The only area where you get stuck is how to customize the settings for various type of print job. This manual helps you to personalize the settings depending on the assigned print job.
- After choosing a document get directed to the Preferences, Print Properties, or Properties to access more layout and advanced settings.
- You can also set the printing shortcut tab if needed. You can customize the printer whether you want the printouts in the landscape or portrait.
- If you have a secondary paper tray you can place paper into the tray and use it.
- Choosing a correct paper type corresponds to the assigned print is important. Set the paper type either as brochure, plain, or other special types based on the requirements.
- Set the color as either color or black and white or grayscale based on the print job you assigned to the printer.
- Select the quality mode using the prompts displayed. Once you have customized all the settings click on Ok and then Print.
- You can copy a document only when your printer is running in the normal quality print mode.
- It is not possible to change the quality mode when your printer is in function.
- To copy the document you have to place required number of paper in the input tray of the printer.
- Make sure that the paper you have placed is not bent or curled. Using papers with staples lead to the printer failure.
- Unlock the lid of the printer and keep the original on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Once it is properly placed on the scanner glass close the lid of the printer.
- Now select either the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black option in order to start copying the required document.
- Using the HP Deskjet 2540 printer you can take the maximum of 9 copies at a time.
- To know more details related to the copy function or the tips to get professional quality output from your HP printer you can call us on the toll- free number.
- Scanning is the process of sending or saving the hard copy of the document using the scanner enabled printer.
- Place the original document or photo whose scan is to be saved or sent on the scanner glass or in the ADF tray.
- Not all the printers have an ADF tray. So check whether your printer has the ADF tray.
- You need to install the updated version of the HP Scan software on the computer to which your printer is connected.
- Use our manual to know where to get the software and how to install it easily.
- Make sure that you have placed the original based on the engraved guides found on the scanner glass of the printer.
- Follow the prompts and get the scan of the desired document easily.
- You can also send the scan to the required email account if you want.
- To get more details please don’t hesitate to call our technical professionals.
123 HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting
when your HP printer encounters an issue our 123 HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting tips help you out to get rid of the issue and resume the printer functionality. When the printer fails to print the documents at targeted quality you have to find what went wrong. If you have no idea what causes the printer issue, you can call our professional experts on the toll- free number to sort out the printer issue at a blink of an eye.
Printer not found issue
- The printer not found issue generally occurs when the installing the full featured driver to setup the printer.
- When the installer fails to recognize the printer in the network your printer’s control panel prompts this issue.
- By that time the display prompts the alert message as the printer not found, unable to find the printer, or no devices found.
- This document helps you out to resolve this kind of printer issue.
- The first 123 HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting step you have to do when the printer not found message displays is to restart the router, printer, and computer.
- Firstly, plug-out the power cord from the router. Power of the printer, and then shutdown the computer.
- Before shutting down your computer make sure you have saved all the running files.
- After a few minutes power on all the devices and try to install the HP driver and software again.
- Try to establish the network connection manually. Make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard to establish the printer connection if your printer has either a touch or text- based control panel.
- Once the connection is successfully established try to install the HP printer and driver again.
- If you are using a Windows computer, you can make use of a free diagnosing tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to find and fix the network issue.
- Check our manual to know how to download, install, and use the tool to fix the printer issue.
- For more details and tips to resolve the printer not found issue yo can take the help from our technical experts.
carriage jam issue
- The carriage jam issue displays on the printer control panel when the cartridges halt against the left side of the printer.
- Try to print after rebooting the printer. Rebooting the printer is nothing but switching off the printer and then on it again after a while.
- After rebooting your printer let your printer take a self- test report. Follow the instructions to print a self- test report.
- Keep letter, A4, or unused plain paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Click and hold the cancel icon and then click on the Start Copy Color icon.
- The self- test report has the source details of the printing issue. If the instructions provided above has resolved the issue you can stop the 123 HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting steps further.
- Check if any jammed paper is present. Eliminate any loose sheets of paper from the input and output tray.
- Use the prompts to clear the jammed paper from the rear of the printer.
- After removing the jammed papers follow the above procedure to take a print of a self- test page.
- Check if the carriage freely displaces in the provided region. Plug- out the power cord from the printer’s rear end.
- Unlock the print carriage door and check if the carriage moves freely from one side of the printer to the other.
- If your carriage does not move freely, apply a mediocre pressure to the right side of the carriage and then slide it to the left.
- Subsequently, shut the print cartridge door of the printer. Rejoin the power cord to the rear end of the printer.
- Use the power icon to power on the 123 HP Deskjet 2540 printer and again take a self- test page to check whether the issue is sorted.
Printer Offline issue
- Sometimes the printer’s control panel shows an alert message stating that the printer is offline.
- The lost communication between the printer and the computer is the cause of this issue.
- Make use of the instructions provided below to bring back your HP printer to online.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool you can get back the printer from its offline mode.
- Use the prompts displayed to download and get it installed on your Windows computer.
- Resetting the printer might help you resolve the offline issue of your HP printer.
- If you find your printer in the off state, power it on and check the status of the printer.
- If the printer prints the assigned job, the issue has been resolved. You can stop the 123 HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting steps further.
- If the printer tends to remain in the idle state even after its startup routine it might be in online.
- When your HP Deskjet 2540 printer is on, plug out the power cord from the printer. Plug out the printer power cord from the wall outlet.
- After few seconds reboot the computer and connect the power cord again into the wall outlet.
- Rejoin the power cord to the rear of the printer. Try to power on the printer. If it is not powered on itself you can use the power button.
- Try to print a desired document and check whether your printer issue is resolved.
Network scanner issue
- sometimes the printer fails to send or save the scan and displays an alert message on the control panel stating that the error occurred communicating with the scanning device.
- Rebooting the computer and the printer might resolve the issue. Follow the instructions provided below to reboot the system and the printer.
- After powering off the printer affirm that the printer’s power cord is linked directly to an electrical outlet and not via a power strip or surge protector.
- After terminating all running programs on your computer, shutdown your personal computer, and then turn on the printer.
- Subsequently, power on your personal computer and then try to scan.
- If you connect your 123.hp.com/setup 250 printer and the computer by means of the USB connection check the connection using the instructions provided below.
- Try to connect the USB to some other available ports on the computer. If the issue continues, plug out all other devices from any of the other USB ports.
- Make use of any other USB cable to connect the printer to the personal computer.
- To know more you can call our professional experts on the number displayed on the screen.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123 HP Deskjet 2540