HP SMART TANK 7301 SETUP [SIMPLE GUIDE]
HP SMART TANK 7001 Description
As an All-in-One printer, HP Smart Tank 7301 provides the most out of it to meet all your printing and scanning requirements. With the refillable ink system, you will not run out of ink quickly. If you own this printer and are looking forward to installing it in your workplace, reading this post will be highly helpful. The instructions for the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer setup given on this page will guide you with simple and straightforward steps.
- First, unbox the printer and remove the packing materials from it.
- Next, connect your printer to a power supply using the provided power cord.
- Turn on your printer and set your basic preferences.
- When your printer is ready, open the ink access door and tank covers.
- Start filling the ink tanks using the provided ink bottles.
- After filling the ink tanks, press the blue button to open the printhead cover.
- Install both color and black printheads into the printhead holder and close the ink access door.
- Next, open the paper input tray and slide apart the paper-width guides.
- Fan a paper stack and insert it into the tray.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides and close the paper input tray.
- Remember to pull out the tray extender.
- After loading the print media, align the printheads using an alignment page.
So far, you have seen the hardware setup for your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer. Continue reading the instructions to complete the software setup.
- If your printer comes with a software setup CD-ROM during the first-time purchase, use it on your computer to install the printer driver. Otherwise, get the driver from the official HP site.
- Run the driver installation and agree to the EULA.
- On Windows, click Yes if the device prompts for User Account Control.
- On Mac, enter the administrator password in the available field and click Continue.
- Carry out the instructions in the printer software and complete the installation process.
- To verify the printer functionality, print a test page from your computer.
HP SMART TANK 7301 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Downloading the HP printer driver:
- Start by launching the default browser on your computer.
- Go to the official HP site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- From the left-side panel, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Choose your OS version if it is not detected automatically.
- Select the required driver and click the Download button to get the driver on your computer.
HP SMART TANK 7301 DRIVER INSTALL
You can install the driver for your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer using the CD-ROM or the downloaded driver file. Here we have given the steps to install the HP Easy Start software. If you wish, you can also install the HP Smart app.
- Run the HP Easy Start software by double-clicking its setup file in the Downloads folder.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Click Continue on the welcome screen.
- Accept the license agreements to proceed to the installation.
- When prompted, connect your HP printer to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- Once your printer is detected, it will be displayed on the Printer found screen.
- If your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer is not listed, click the My Printer is Not Shown button.
- Make your printer detected by following the on-screen instructions.
- Install the software you wish by selecting them in the HP Easy Start wizard.
- Complete the driver installation and print a test page to verify the printer functionality.
HP SMART TANK 7301 WIRELESS SETUP
Using the WPS Push Button method:
- Before you start the wireless setup, ensure that your router supports WPS.
- Verify if you have completed the basic printer setup.
- Turn on your printer and put it into Wi-Fi setup mode. For that, press and hold down the Wi-Fi button on the printer control panel for at least 3 seconds.
- Next, go to your router and press the WPS button.
- Wait until the printer is connected to your wireless network.
Connecting the printer and computer over Wi-Fi:
- Start by connecting your computer to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Download and run the HP Smart app on your computer.
- On the Welcome screen, click Continue.
- Accept the license agreements to proceed.
- When prompted, sign in to your HP account.
- Click the icon or symbol to add a new printer.
- Select the Wireless option as your connection type.
- Carry out the rest of the instructions in the HP Smart app and finish the wireless setup.
HP SMART TANK 7301 USB SETUP
The USB setup for your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer is quite simple and straightforward. All you need is a USB cable.
- Turn on your printer and computer.
- Ensure that you have completed the basic printer setup and your printer is not yet connected to your computer.
- Run the HP Easy Start software.
- Agree to the EULA and connect your printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- Once the connection is made, print a test page to check if the USB setup is successful.
HP SMART TANK 7301 PRINT SETUP
Printing is made easier using the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer. To prepare your printer for printing, follow the steps given below.
- First, turn on your printer.
- Insert a stack of plain paper into the paper input tray.
- Connect your printer and the Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- You can also connect the devices to your wireless network.
- On your computer, open the document you wish to print.
- Press the Ctrl + P shortcut keys to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your printer’s name in the drop-down menu.
- Open the printer properties window and specify the required print settings.
- Click OK –> Print.
Now, your document will be printed.
HP SMART TANK 7301 COPY SETUP
- Start by turning on your printer.
- Next, insert the original document into the ADF or onto the scanner glass.
- Open the paper input tray and insert a stack of plain paper.
- Make sure you adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- On the printer control panel, press either Black Copy or Color Copy to make copies.
- For more copies, press the Copy button as much as you need.
HP SMART TANK 7301 SCAN SETUP
HP provides various options to scan from your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer to your computer. For Windows, use the HP printer software. For Macintosh, use the HP Smart app. Here we have given the steps to complete the scan setup using the HP printer software.
- To begin with, insert the original document you wish to scan into the ADF or place it on the scanner glass.
- Next, connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- On your computer, open the HP printer software.
- Click on Scan –> Scan a Document or Photo.
- In the Scan dialog box, choose the scan type and settings.
- If you want to specify the advanced scan settings, click on the More link at the top.
- If necessary, select the Show View After Scan checkbox.
- Finally, click Scan to start scanning your document.
HP SMART TANK 7301 TROUBLESHOOTING
Whenever an issue happens on your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer, the first thing that should hit your brain is troubleshooting. Not all the printers will be out of our hands when the correct troubleshooting steps are implemented. It is always recommended to identify the printer issue before you try any troubleshooting steps.
For assistance in resolving your printer issues, get in touch with our dedicated technical experts. Do not hesitate to hit the Call button on this page.
HP SMART TANK 7301 OFFLINE
When your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer status is offline, you might not be able to communicate with your printer from your computer. So, check the printer status before you access it from your computer. Verify if the connection is stable between the devices. Here we have given a few steps to fix the printer offline issue on Windows computers.
- To begin with, go to Control Panel.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Locate your printer’s icon from the available list.
- Right-click the printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- If you have not yet set your printer as default, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- If the printer status remains unchanged, check if you have properly connected your printer to your computer.
- Open the Run dialog box and type ‘services.msc’ in the text field. Hit the Enter key to open the Services window.
- Locate and select the Print Spooler service to check if it is running.
- Right-click the service and select the Restart option.
- Reboot your Windows computer and check if your printer status changes to online.
HP SMART TANK 7301 IS NOT PRINTING
Is your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer not printing any documents? Several factors might be causing the printing issues. You have to troubleshoot each factor to fix the printing issue.
- First, check if your printer is turned on and ready while you send the print jobs.
- If your printer is turned off, check the power cord connected to it and try to restart your printer.
- Next, check the connection between your printer and computer. It should be stable for printing precisely.
- Verify if your printer is loaded with enough paper.
- Ensure that no paper is jammed inside the printer.
- Always use supported print media for printing.
- Check for any error messages on the LCD. If you find any errors, troubleshoot them to fix the printing issue.
- On your computer, check the print settings and the printer status.
- If you have not yet set your printer as default on your computer, complete it first and retry to print your document.
- If necessary, you can run the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool and click the Fix Printing button to fix the printing issues on your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer.