Quick 123.hp.com/setup 5255
Guidelines for 123.hp.com/setup 5255 from our technical experts.
How to Setup HP Officejet 5255 Printer?
- Pop the tape open and pull back the flaps on the carton.
- Keep aside the accessories and booklet that arrived with the printer.
- Employ the supplied power cord to connect the printer to the electrical socket.
- Push the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Configure the settings such as Language, Country, Time, and Date.
- Pull open the cartridge access door and install the ink cartridges in their respective slots.
- Extend the paper tray out of the machine and load it with printing sheets.
- Adjust the width and length guides with the paper and touch OK.
- Receive the alignment page after the automatic printhead alignment.
- Read and follow the instructions appearing on the screen to 123.hp.com/setup 5255 the driver.
Free HP Officejet 5255 Driver and Manual Download
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
How to Install HP Officejet 5255 Driver in Windows?
- The HP Officejet 5255 Printer comes with the CD/DVD to install the driver.
- Before you start to install, in the windows installation settings, save the device settings.
- Attach the computer to the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer by the USB cable or to the preferred network connection.
- If you have the CD along with the printer, insert the CD into the computer disc.
- Wait for few minutes until the computer takes time to load. Most of the time, the start screen opens automatically.
- If it does not open, go to My Computer and select the CD/DVD icon.
- For the Windows Operating System, open the .exe file format. If the CD is not available, download the latest driver from the website.
- After the download complete, go to the download folder on the computer and run the .exe file format.
- The start screen opens follow the on-screen instructions to 123.hp.com/setup 5255 the driver.
- To add your printer to the device. Switch on the printer.
- Go to the Start menu and Click the Settings option. Click Device and select the Printers & Scanners option.
- If the device identifies the printer, click on the printer name.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to add the printer or else click on The Printer that I want isn’t listed link, solve the troubleshooting and add the printer.
How to Install HP Officejet 5255 Driver in Mac?
- For the Mac OS, since CD driver does not support, download the latest driver from the website.
- Run the .dmg file and follow the on-screen instruction to install the printer driver for your device.
- Press the printer on/off button. Connect your printer to the computer via USB cable or network connection.
- To add the printer to your Apple device, in the Apple menu, click the System Preferences option.
- A dialogue box opens,in the Hardware column, click Print & Scan. The print & scan box displays.
- click on the plus sign to add the 123.hp.com/setup 5255 printer, if the printer name is not displayed in the list.
- The add dialog box appears on the screen. In the IP tab, fill the desired information.
- In the queue field, do not enter any information.
- In Print Using, do not select Generic Postscript Printer. Click the Add button.
- The printer adds to the list of the printer.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the printer driver on the computer.
- Finally, check it’s connectivity; print, scan, copy or fax the document or photo.
- If the result is obtained, then the device is ready to print. If not, check the issue and go through the troubleshooting in the user guide and solve.
HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup
- To set up the HP 5255 printer on a wireless network, connect the printer to the preferred network. Install the printer drivers. During install, if needed, select the Wireless option in the connection type.
- Before you 123.hp.com/setup 5255 the printer, check the network name and password. If you do not know the password, in Windows, in the Start screen, on the search box, type view network connection. Choose View Network Connection from the list of result.
- Right-click the network name and click Status. Click the Wireless Properties option. In the Security tab, select the Show Characters check box to see the wireless network security key. For Mac, to find the password, connect your Apple device to a wireless network, click Go in the Finder menu and Click Utilities.
- Open the Keychain Access application. In the Keychains list, Click Local Items. Click Passwords in the Category list. Click the network name and select the Show password checkbox. If prompted, type the password and click OK.
- To find the password on the router, many router form an ISP has a label on the back side or bottom that display an initial password for the 123.hp.com/setup 5255 printer wireless network.
- The wireless network password is also titled as wireless key, WPA key, security password, wireless password, WPA password, WPA2 password, or WEP password. If you cannot find the password from the label, check Internet Service Provider.
- If you found the password, but it did not work, restore the password from the router’s configuration page. Switch on the router and the computer. Make sure you connect the computer and the printer to the same network.
- Turn on the printer and place it near to the computer. Unplug, if the USB or Ethernet cable is connected. On the printer’s control panel, select the Wireless icon from the home screen. Choose the Setup icon. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- In the list of display network, select the network name and press OK. If the network name is not available, select the Enter New Network name option and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the network name.
- If prompts, type the WEP or WPA key that is network password and press the Done option. A summary screen appears. Select the OK button to return back to the home screen.
- If the 123.hp.com/setup 5255 printer is not connected to the network, check if the network connected on the printer is same as in your computer. If not, disconnect the present connection and reconnect to the same network.
- If the network connection is changed, the ISP, security type also changes. Make the changes respectively and check the network connection. If the connection error persists, press the power button of the router to turn it Off.
- Make sure the HP Officejet 5255 printer is not connected to a USB or Ethernet cable, if it is connected, wireless connection does not take place. Take off all the USB and Ethernet cable.
- Turn the printer on. Wait till the light display a normal connected status. Switch on the printer and then start to print.
HP Officejet 5255 How to Print?
For the best results to print, load only one type of paper inside the tray. Make sure the paper loaded inside the tray is correct. Do not load more paper inside the tray. Loading more paper leads to 123.hp.com/setup 5255 printer paper jam error. We provide how to print documents from Printer.
How to Print Documents on HP Officejet 5255 Printer in Windows?
- To print using HP Smart app, download and install the app. First, load the paper in the tray.
- Open the HP Smart App and check if the printer name is selected.
- To print photos, select the photos of your choice and click the Select Photos to Print.
- To print the documents, click Print.
- To print from the selected file, make sure there is enough paper inside the input tray.
- Open the file or document to print.
- Select the Print option in the File menu of the document.
- Check the the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer name and right-click on the it.
- select the Properties option. In the Printing Shortcut tab, make the necessary change.
- Click on the other tab to change the settings.
- Click Ok to close the Properties dialog box and click the Print option to print.
- To print envelope, load the paper inside the tray.
- While you print an envelope, avoid paper that is very slick finish, thick or curls edge.
- Choose the Print option in the File menu. Check the printer name in the dialog box and right click on it.
- Select Properties. Make the print settings and click Ok. Finally, click the print option to print.
How to Print Documents on HP Officejet 5255 Printer in Mac?
- In mac, to print in HP Smart app, download and 123.hp.com/setup 5255 the app on the Apple device.
- Open the HP Smart App. To change the printer name or to add printer click on the plus icon.
- Choose the print option and select the photo or file to print.
- Click the print option to print. To print using the file, choose the file or document to print.
- Open the document. Click Print from the File menu. A dialog box opens check for the printer name.
- Right-click the printer name the print dialog box opens. If the option is not listed, click Show Details.
- In the Paper size menu, choose the paper size. Select the orientation and enter the scaling percentage. Click Print.
- To print the photo, open the photo and click Print in the File menu.
- A dialog box opens. Right-click on the printer name, the print dialog box appears on the screen.
- Tap Paper Type/ Quality. In the Paper type, select the photo paper type. In quality, select the maximum dpi.
- In the color options, choose the Photo Fix option. Click Off to apply no changes to the image.
- Click On automatically focus the image and adjust the image sharpness. Select the other settings and click the Print option in 123.hp.com/setup 5255 Printer