123.hp.com/setup 5255 Printer Support
About 123 HP Officejet 5255 Printer
- The HP Office 5255 All-in-One printer. Is designed for small business user who is looking for all-in-one device to print documents, grab color at low cost. Setup and print from any of the smartphone and produce high-quality photos. The Officejet 5255 print, scan, copy and fax all with ease. The print speed up to 10 ppm for the black and color it is about 7 ppm. The input capacity of the printer is about 100 sheets. Whereas, for the output capacity, it is about 25 sheets. The printer connects in Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, Mopria Print Service, USB 2.0, and Wi-Fi. In a scanner, the resolution is up to 1200 x 1200. The maximum document length is 14 inches and width is 8.5 inches. The supported paper sizes are letter, legal, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, envelopes, custom from 3″ x 5″ to 8.5″ x 14″ for simplex, for duplex, it is 3″ x 5.5″ to 8.5″ x 12.2″. It loads 100 sheets in the input tray and 25 sheets in the output tray. The auto document feeder saves time to print. It comes along with the one-year hardware warranty.
123 HP Officejet 5255 System Requirements
- For Windows, the minimum requirements are Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7 with 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space to download and install the printer’s drive, CD-ROM/DVD drive to insert the driver installation CD, Internet connection to connect the printer to the network, USB port, Microsoft Internet Explorer. For Mac, the minimum system requirement is OS X v10.10 (Yosemite), v10.11 (El Capitan), v10.12 (Sierra), 1 GB HD, and the Internet. The recommended requirement is 1.5 GB Available Space for driver install. Since Mac does not support CD drive, it is mandatory to have the USB port.
123 HP Officejet 5255 Setup and Installation
- To begin with, the HP Officejet 5255 setup, unbox the printer box and remove all the cover from the box.
- Inside the box, you have the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer, HP 63 Setup Black and Tri-color Instant ink ready cartridge, power cord, setup guide, and the driver installation CD.
- Make sure all the items are available inside the box, take out all the items and keep aside. Choose a convenient place to keep your printer. Take the printer from the box and remove the cover. Place it in the place where you get fresh air.
- After placing the printer, remove all the tape and packing material from the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel remove the tape that protects it.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door and remove all the tape and prospective paper inside the printer.
- Close the ink cartridge access door. Open the input tray towards you and remove the packing tape inside the paper tray.
- Push the input tray forward until it settles down in its place.
- Close the input try door. Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and another cable to the electrical outlet.
- Switch on the printer. If the printer does not turn on, disconnect the power cable and reconnect until printer gets connected. Once the printer is on, its control panel prompts to choose the preferred language and country/region and click Yes to confirm. If needed, set the date and time and press Yes. The welcome screen display on the printer’s control panel. Next, install the ink cartridges. Lift the ink cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of its place. Wait till it becomes silent and proceeds to unpack the install ink cartridge from the cover. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides and remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles handling these parts results in ink failure and bad electrical connections. Lift the lid on one of the ink cartridge slots and insert the ink cartridge into its slot. Always, install the color ink cartridge on the left and black ink cartridge to the right. Close the lid on the ink cartridge slot. Repeat the steps to install the other ink cartridge. After you install, click Ok on the printer’s control panel and close the ink cartridge access door. To load papers, open the input tray towards you to extend the input tray. Slide out the paper width to its extreme sides. Load the paper inside the tray with the print side facing down. Do not load more than 250 sheets at a time. Loading more paper leads to paper jam error. Push the paper into the tray until it stops. Slide the paper width guide until it touches the edge of the paper. Push the input tray extender into the printer and click Done on the Printer’s control panel. Pull out the output tray and lift the output tray extender.
123.hp.com/oj5255 Driver & Manual Download Guidelines
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
HP Officejet 5255 Setup Windows
- The HP Officejet 5255 Printer comes with the CD/DVD to install the driver. Before you start to install, in the windows installation settings, save the device settings. Attach the computer to the printer by the USB cable or to the preferred network connection. If you have the CD along with the printer, insert the CD into the computer disc. Wait for few minutes until the computer takes time to load. Most of the time, the start screen opens automatically. If it does not open, go to My Computer and select the CD/DVD icon. For the Windows Operating System, open the .exe file format. If the CD is not available, download the latest driver from the website. After the download completes, go to the download folder on the computer and run the .exe file format. The start screen opens follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. To add your printer to the device. Switch on the printer. Go to the Start menu and Click the Settings option. Click Device and select the Printers & Scanners option. If the device identifies the printer, click on the printer name. Follow the instructions on the screen to add the printer or else click on The Printer that I want isn’t listed link, solve the troubleshooting and add the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer.
HP Officejet 5255 Setup Mac
- For the Mac OS, since CD driver does not support, download the latest driver from the website. Run the .dmg file and follow the on-screen instruction to install the HP Officejet 5255 printer driver for your device. Press the printer on/off button. Connect your printer to the computer via USB cable or network connection. To add the printer to your Apple device, in the Apple menu, click the System Preferences option. A dialogue box opens, in the Hardware column, click Print & Scan. The print & scan box displays. click on the plus sign to add the printer, if the printer name is not displayed in the list. The add dialog box appears on the screen. In the IP tab, fill the desired information. In the queue field, do not enter any information. In Print Using, do not select Generic Postscript Printer. Click the Add button. The printer adds to the list of the printer. Follow the instructions on the screen to install the printer driver on the computer. Finally, check it’s connectivity; print, scan, copy or fax the document or photo. If the result is obtained, then the device is ready to print. If not, check the issue and go through the troubleshooting in the user guide and solve.
123 HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup
- To set up the HP 5255 printer on a wireless network, connect the printer to the preferred network. Install the printer drivers. During install, if needed, select the Wireless option in the connection type.
- Before you set up the printer, check the network name and password. If you do not know the password, in Windows, in the Start screen, on the search box, type view network connection. Choose View Network Connection from the list of result.
- Right-click the network name and click Status. Click the Wireless Properties option. In the Security tab, select the Show Characters check box to see the wireless network security key. For Mac, to find the password, connect your Apple device to a wireless network, click Go in the Finder menu and Click Utilities.
- Open the Keychain Access application. In the Keychains list, Click Local Items. Click Passwords in the Category list. Click the network name and select the Show password checkbox. If prompted, type the password and click OK.
- To find the password on the router, many router form an ISP has a label on the back side or bottom that display an initial password for the wireless network.
- The wireless network password is also titled as wireless key, WPA key, security password, wireless password, WPA password, WPA2 password, or WEP password. If you cannot find the password from the label, check Internet Service Provider.
- If you found the password, but it did not work, restore the password from the router’s configuration page. Switch on the router and the computer. Make sure you connect the computer and the printer to the same network.
- Turn on the printer and place it near to the computer. Unplug, if the USB or Ethernet cable is connected. On the printer’s control panel, select the Wireless icon from the home screen. Choose the Setup icon. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- In the list of display network, select the network name and press OK. If the network name is not available, select the Enter New Network name option and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the network name.
- If prompts, type the WEP or WPA key that is network password and press the Done option. A summary screen appears. Select the OK button to return back to the home screen.
- If the printer is not connected to the network, check if the network connected on the printer is same as in your computer. If not, disconnect the present connection and reconnect to the same network.
- If the network connection is changed, the ISP, security type also changes. Make the changes respectively and check the network connection. If the connection error persists, press the power button of the router to turn it Off.
- Make sure the HP Officejet 5255 printer is not connected to a USB or Ethernet cable, if it is connected, wireless connection does not take place. Take off all the USB and Ethernet cable.
- Turn the printer on. Wait till the light display a normal connected status. Switch on the 123.hp.com/setup 5255 printer and then start to print.
HP Officejet 5255 Print Documents
For the best results to print, load only one type of paper inside the tray. Make sure the paper loaded inside the tray is correct. Do not load more paper inside the tray. Loading more paper leads to paper jam error. We provide how to print documents from 123 HP Officejet 5255.
HP Officejet 5255 Print a Document in Windows
To print using HP Smart app, download and install the app. First, load the paper in the tray. Open the HP Smart App and check if the printer name is selected. To print photos, select the photos of your choice and click the Select Photos to Print. To print the documents, click Print. To print from the selected file, make sure there is enough paper inside the input tray. Open the file or document to print. Select the Print option in the File menu of the document. Check the the printer name and right-click on the it. select the Properties option. In the Printing Shortcut tab, make the necessary change. Click on the other tab to change the settings. Click Ok to close the Properties dialog box and click the Print option to print. To print envelope, load the paper inside the tray. While you print an envelope, avoid paper that is very slick finish, thick or curls edge. Choose the Print option in the File menu. Check the printer name in the dialog box and right click on it. Select Properties. Make the print settings and click Ok. Finally, click the print option to print.
HP Officejet 5255 print a document in Mac
In mac, to print in HP Smart app, download and install the app on the Apple device. Open the HP Smart App. To change the printer name or to add printer click on the plus icon. Choose the print option and select the photo or file to print. Click the print option to print. To print using the file, choose the file or document to print. Open the document. Click Print from the File menu. A dialog box opens check for the 123.hp.com/setup 5255 printer name. Right-click the printer name the print dialog box opens. If the option is not listed, click Show Details. In the Paper size menu, choose the paper size. Select the orientation and enter the scaling percentage. Click Print. To print the photo, open the photo and click Print in the File menu. A dialog box opens. Right-click on the printer name, the print dialog box appears on the screen. Tap Paper Type/ Quality. In the Paper type, select the photo paper type. In quality, select the maximum dpi. In the color options, choose the Photo Fix option. Click Off to apply no changes to the image. Click On automatically focus the image and adjust the image sharpness. Select the other settings and click the Print option.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123 HP Officejet 5255