123.hp.com/ljpro M402n Setup
The primary steps to be done by the users after getting a brand new 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer is to set it up. It involves unboxing, setting the power connection, loading papers, cartridge installation, and downloading the driver. Set Up your Laserjet Pro m402n printer with ease by following the simple procedures that are provided on this site.
How to Setup HP Laserjet Pro M402n Printer?
- After the printer is supplied to your home, ensure that the authorized seal is present on top of the box.
- Now open the box and then remove all the accessories such as warranty card, user guide from the carton.
- Take the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer out and insert it on a dust free surface.
- Set the power connection by plugging one end of the cord to the rear of the Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Connect the cord’s other into a wall outlet or socket.
- Switch On the printer by force pressing the Power button on it.
- You can now set your preferences on the printer’s front panel.
- Keep enough papers into the input tray.
- Insert the original toner cartridges.
- Install the printer driver.
HP Laserjet Pro M402n Driver and Manual Download
The driver enables the 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer to work with the operating system installed on your Windows or Mac device. It sends information to the Laserjet Pro m402n printer to produce quality outputs. Users can get the driver’s latest version and the manual for free of cost from our website.
HP Laserjet Pro M402n Driver
The drivers are required for the effective functioning of the Laserjet Pro m402n printer. If the driver is not installed correctly, it might lead to various issues in the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer. You can obtain the software’s newest version by tapping the Driver Download button.
HP Laserjet Pro M402n Manual
The user guide commonly called as the manual is a technical document that contains the complete details about the printer. The instructions given in the guide are helpful for the users to operate the 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer without facing any errors. You can get the soft copy of the manual.
123.hp.com/ljpro m402n Driver Download
- Users need to download the software in order to access the entire features of the Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Before beginning with the driver download process, ensure that your Windows or Mac computer has enough storage space in it.
- Delete all the unnecessary temporary files from your system.
- Check if you have removed all the software files that were installed on your computer.
- Depending upon your printing needs, you can install the Full Feature or Basic driver.
- select the Driver Download button.
- Once the download process completes, locate the driver file on your desktop
- The driver file format for Windows is .exe and for Mac, it is .dmg.
- Initiate the 123.hp.com/setup m402n by double-clicking on the setup file.
- Choose Continue and perform the on-screen procedures to install the driver.
How to Install HP Laserjet Pro M402n Driver?
- Use the installation Compact Disk that is supplied in the carton along with your 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
- Ensure that the CD is compatible with your Windows or Mac device.
- Verify if your computer has a disc drive. If not, copy the driver files from the CD into a disc drive.
- Place the Compact Disk or USB into their respective drives and wait until the files get displayed on your computer.
- Begin the installation by double-clicking on the .dmg or .exe file twice.
- The Windows Installer screen opens on your computer.
- Choose the Continue option.
- Tick the checkbox on the Installation Agreements and Settings window.
- Carry out the directions that appear on the screen to install the driver for your Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Is the driver incompatible? Need not worry, download the latest one from our website.
HP Laserjet Pro M402n Mobile Printing
Quick 123.hp.com/setup m402n AirPrint
AirPrint is a feature that is developed by the Apple technology that helps the users to obtain full-quality printed outputs.
How to Print from iPhone to HP Laserjet Pro M402n?
- Ensure your 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer supports the AirPrint service.
- Connect the Laserjet Pro printer to the wireless network.
- Download the updated version of the printer firmware on your computer or laptop.
- Locate and alter the AirPrint’s name if needed.
- Ensure the papers are loaded and the toner cartridges are installed.
- Open the item that needs to be printed and select the Share icon.
- Tap the Print button and choose Select Printer.
- Touch your Laserjet Pro m402n printer from the list and choose Print.
How to Enable HP Laserjet Pro M402n ePrint?
A cloud printing feature that allow the users to print texts and images by sending them through email. The steps on how to set up ePrint are given below.
- Download the ePrint application from the Windows Store, Apple Store, or the Google Play Store.
- After the downloading finishes, touch the app’s icon to open it.
- Touch Settings and then press the Activation option.
- Enter your email address in the Activate Using Your Email field and then choose Activate.
- A code will be sent to your email address from the ePrint service.
- Take note of the Personal Identification Number code that is sent your email ID.
- Go back to the ePrint application and enter the code, and then touch the Activate option.
- Once the ePrint 123.hp.com/setup m402n is finished, you can access various operations of the printer.
HP Laserjet Pro M402n Toner Cartridge
A Cartridge is Low Cartridge error message gets displayed on the control panel of your 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
How do I Replace HP Laserjet Pro M402n Toner Cartridge?
- Raise the scanner assembly and the top cover located on your Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Take the toner cartridge out of your Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Purchase the toner cartridges from the authorized sellers. Set the old toner cartridge aside for recycling.
- Discard the orange clip that is present on the toner cartridge.
- Shake the cartridge backward and forward to evenly distribute the toner inside it.
- Make sure to align the toner cartridges according to the tracks that are present inside the printer.
- Slide the new toner cartridge until it clicks into place. Lower the scanner assembly and then close the top cover.
How do I Refill 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n Toner?
- Refilling of toner cartridges is highly not recommended as it can cause damages to the Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Buy the correct type of toner powder that is compatible with the model of your HP printer.
- Keep enough newspapers or towels on a leveled surface.
- Find the holding tank that is present on your toner cartridge. If the hole is not available, create a hole on top of the toner cartridge using a sharp pin.
- Place the funnel cap into the refill hole at a slightly upward angle.
- Tap the sides of the toner bottle to dispose the toner powder into the holding tank.
- If you have made a hole, reseal it using a plastic plug. Rock the cartridge so that the toner powder gets distributed evenly.
- Reinstall the toner cartridges into the 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
How to Check Toner Levels on HP Laserjet Pro M402n?
- Check ink levels from the Windows notification area: Power On the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Click the Start button and go to the Control Panel window.
- Right-click on the icon of your HP printer from the Windows Notification area.
- The toner levels of the currently installed cartridges get displayed on the Printer Settings software window.
- Computer’s Control Panel: Open the Control Panel window on your system. Locate and then open the Printers window.
- Right-click on your Laserjet Pro m402n printer’s icon and choose the Printer Properties button.
- The toner levels of your cartridges appear on the screen.
123.hp.com/ljpro m402n How to Print?
Printing is the process that is done by the Laserjet Pro m402n printer in which the hard copy of the information is generated.
- Click on the document or picture that you want to print.
- Now open the file so that it gets displayed on your Personal Computer’s screen.
- Tap the Ctrl and P button on your keyboard simultaneously.
- The Printing pop-up window appears on your desktop.
- Choose your 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer from the queue of devices that are installed.
- If needed, alter the print settings such as resolution and color.
- Send the text or image to the print queue of your Laserjet Pro m402n printer by clicking the Print option.
- The file gets printed by the printer.
How to Print Double Side on HP Laserjet Pro M402n?
- To fully complete the print tasks and to avoid the errors in page ordering, keep enough papers into the input tray.
- Choose the item to be printed. Select the File option and then click the Print button.
- Select your Laserjet Pro m402n printer from the queue of installed devices.
- Click the Printer 123.hp.com/setup m402n, Properties, or Preferences button.
- The Document Properties dialog box displays on your PC.
- Click Print On Both Sides or Two-sided (Duplex) printing.
- If the duplex option is not available, click Layout or Features.
- Select Two-sided (Duplex) Printing and choose the OK button, and then click Print. Take the odd pages out and choose Continue to print the even sides of the document.
How to Print an Envelope on HP Laserjet Pro m402n?
- Load one or more envelopes into the main input tray of your 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
- Move the paper-width guides to the left position.
- Ensure the envelopes are kept on the left area and the side to be printed should face down.
- Push the sliders until they rest against the edges of the envelope paper.
- Choose the Print option on the File menu. Ensure your Laserjet Pro m402n printer is selected.
- Select the Properties or Preferences button depending upon your printer software.
- Click Portrait or Landscape from the Layout menu and choose the correct paper type in the Media drop-down list.
- Choose the correct size of the loaded envelope and then click the Print option.
How to Connect HP Laserjet Pro M402n to Computer?
You can connect your computer to the printer using the wireless method. The instructions on how to perform wireless 123.hp.com/setup m402n are as follows.
- Gather the name of your wireless network and its key.
- Connect your Windows or Mac computer to the correct wireless network.
- Detach the USB or Ethernet cord from the rear of your 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
- Swipe the display to the left on the operation panel of your Laserjet Pro printer.
- Touch the Setup icon and then press the Network Setup option. Choose the Wireless menu and select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The wizard searches for all the wireless networks. Select the name of your network and if prompted, type the key.
- Wait for the Laserjet Pro m402n printer to get connected to the network.
- Download the driver from our website and try to carry out any of the functions such as printing or copying.
How to Connect HP Laserjet Pro M402n to Laptop?
The steps on how to connect the Laserjet Pro m402n printer to the laptop using a USB cord is given below.
- Before beginning the setup, delete all the software files that were installed on your Mac or Windows device.
- Power On the 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer and purchase a USB cord that is of 3 meters or less in length.
- Remove the USB cord from the rear of your Laserjet Pro m402n printer if you have plugged it before installing the driver.
- Do not insert the USB cord until direct during the driver installation process.
- Now install the updated version of the printer driver.
- Ascertain to choose the type of connection as USB during the driver installation process.
- Plug one end of the USB cord at the back of your printer.
- Connect the USB cord’s other end into the laptop to end the USB 123.hp.com/setup m402n.
123.hp.com/ljpro m402n How to Reset?
The Laserjet Pro m402n printer reset process is carried out to rectify the issues that occur in the device.
- Check if your HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer is powered On.
- Detach the USB cable from the printer’s rear.
- Locate the top cover on your HP printer and open it. Take all the toner cartridges out of your Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Lower the cover and ensure not to proceed until an Insert Ink Cartridges message appears on the panel.
- Unplug end of the electrical cable from the rear of your 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
- Wait for about one to two minutes. Reattach the electrical cable to your Laserjet Pro printer.
- Do not proceed until the printer powers On completely.
- Now check if the error has been resolved.
How do I Update HP Laserjet Pro M402n Firmware?
Firmware is a data that is stored in the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer. The procedures to update firmware is given below.
- Ensure there are no error messages on the control panel of the printer.
- Print a configuration report. Choose the Menu button or Administrator icon on the control panel of your printer.
- Select the Information option and open the Status Page or Configuration menu.
- Choose the OK button or the Print option. Locate the firmware code on the printed network configuration report.
- Navigate to the manufacturer site and enter the model of your printer in the search box.
- Click the OS Independent option and find the newest firmware file under the Firmware section.
- Choose Save and comply with the instructions that appear on the screen to update the firmware.
Solve HP Laserjet Pro M402n Troubleshooting Issue
The process of performing the best possible solutions to rectify the errors that occur in the Laserjet Pro m402n is called as troubleshooting. The quick solutions for the recurring problems in the 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer are given on this site. A separate section for troubleshooting the printer issues is provided in the manual, download it for free from our website.
Why is 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n Printer is Offline?
The printer offline error message appears on the Windows or M,ac Personal Computer. The solutions for the same are given below.
- Users can download and launch the HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
- It is an app that is available for free used for resolving the printer errors.
- Open the app and select the Start option.
- Choose your HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer from the list.
- Click the Fix Printing option and then carry out the procedures that display on the screen to resolve the offline error.
- Reset the printer. Ensure that the Laserjet Pro m402n printer is set as the default.
Why Won’t HP Laserjet Pro M402n Print?
There are different reasons that can cause the printing error in the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer. Carry out the steps listed below.
- Check if sufficient papers of the needed paper are loaded into the main input tray.
- Ensure that the toner cartridges are correctly installed into the 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
- For a wired 123.hp.com/setup m402n, verify if the USB cord is plugged properly.
- If the Laserjet Pro m402n printer uses a wireless connection, check if the Internet is stable.
- Verify if the Laserjet Pro m402n printer is in Sleep mode, if yes, long press its Power button to switch it On.
- Try restarting the print spooler service.
How to Solve HP Laserjet Pro M402n Cartridge Jam?
The simple steps that must be done to fix the paper jams in the cartridge area are listed below.
- Raise the scanner assembly on the Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- With the Laserjet Pro m402n printer turned On, unplug the electrical cord from its back.
- Take the toner cartridge out of its slot.
- Look for paper jams in the cartridge area and use both your hands to remove them from the printer.
- Reinsert the toner cartridges into the 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
- Lower the scanner assembly and do a test print.
Solve 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n Error Code
There are different kinds of error code that can display on the Laserjet Pro m402n printer’s control panel. Some of the error codes are provided below.
- 99.101: This code indicates that the cartridge is not correctly installed into the Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- 99.1088: The toner cartridge is not compatible with the Laserjet Pro printer.
- In such cases, buy the replacement toner cartridges from the HP store or Sure Supply.
- Reinstall genuine and compatible toner cartridges.
- 10.0004: Reset your Laserjet Pro m402n printer to rectify the error.
- 10.700: The life of the toner cartridge has ended. Install new toner cartridges into the printer.
How do I Solve HP Laserjet Pro M402n Print Quality Issue
The general procedures that must be carried out to resolve the print quality issues in the HP printer are provided below.
- Make sure to utilize cartridges that are genuine and compatible with your 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer.
- The type and quality of the paper can affect the print task. Ascertain to insert the correct type of paper into the tray.
- Verify the print settings. Click File and select Print to open the Print window.
- Choose the Printer 123.hp.com/setup m402n or Preferences option.
- Check the print settings such as Paper Type, Paper Quality, Paper Size.
- Click the OK button and select Print to confirm the error has been resolved.
How do I Solve HP Laserjet Pro M402n Paper Jam & Feed Problem?
The steps on how to resolve the paper jam and feed error on a Laserjet Pro m402n printer is given below.
- Turn Off your Laserjet Pro m402n printer and disconnect the power cord from its back.
- Open the back access door of your printer by pressing and pulling it towards you.
- Remove all the jammed papers gently.
- Check if any papers are present in the supply tray and discard the same.
- Reload new papers into the supply tray.
- Reinsert the rear access door into the 123.hp.com/ljpro m402n printer and then check if the paper jam error has been rectified.