Setting up the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer is the primary step to be done after the device is delivered to your home. The instructions to set up the Deskjet 2600 printer are given on this website.
How do I Setup HP Deskjet 2600 Printer?
- For Unboxing 123.hp.com/setup 2600, After the printer is shipped at your doorstep, open the carton.
- Take the printer out of the box.
- Ensure that the printer meets all the conditions such as humidity and temperature.
- Find a suitable location for placing your HP printer.
- Now plug one end of the electrical cable into the printer’s rear.
- Attach the cable’s other end to a functioning power outlet.
- Power On the HP DJ 2600 printer.
- Insert the HP ink cartridges that are delivered along with the printer.
- Place plain, unused papers into the input tray.
- Wait until the Deskjet 2600 printer prints an alignment report.
- Now go to 123.hp.com/dj2600 for installing the driver.
HP Deskjet 2600 Driver
A program that controls the printer is called as the driver. The driver feeds the data to the printer and sends control commands on how to perform the print function. Various drivers are available that changes based on the OS installed on your computer or laptop. You can download the newest software for your printer.
HP Deskjet 2600 Manual
A manual or user guide is a communication document that contains information regarding the Deskjet 2600 printer. It is intended to provide assistance to the users about different processes that can be done using the printer. Download the user guide’s paper copy for free of cost from our website.
Steps for 123.hp.com/dj2600 Driver Download
How to Download HP Deskjet 2600 Driver for Windows 7?
- Power On the HP Deskjet 2600 printer.
- If connected, unplug the USB cord from the printer’s rear.
- Select the Download button that is available in our website.
- Make sure to select the mode of 123.hp.com/setup 2600 as Typical or Recommended when instructed by Windows Installer.
- Wait for the HP Printer Assistant software to get installed completely.
- After HP Printer Assistant is installed, it searches for the Full Feature software and launches it on your Windows PC.
- Choose Connect a New Printer and do the on-screen prompts to add the Deskjet 2600 printer to the list.
How to Download HP Deskjet 2600 Driver for Mac?
- The driver download is required for accessing the entire features of the Deskjet 2600 printer.
- Remove all the unwanted temp folders from your Mac Personal Computer.
- Open any browser such as Safari or IE and type 123.hp.com/dj2600 in the search box.
- Click the Driver Download button to begin the downloading process.
- Find the .dmg file on your Mac device and then click on it twice.
- Choose the Continue option.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions by selecting the checkbox.
- Launch the driver by doing the prompts that appear on your Mac PC.
- Select the Finish button.
- Try to carry out any function of the Deskjet 2600 printer.
How do I Install HP Deskjet 2600 Driver?
- A driver serves as a communication medium between your Deskjet 2600 printer and PC.
- Users can install the software using the installer CD provided in the shipment box.
- Take the CD out of the carton and ensure your computer has a disc drive.
- Insert the CD into the drive and wait until a set of files displays on the screen.
- Find the setup file with .dmg as an extension for Mac and .exe for Windows.
- The Installer window opens on your system. Accept to the Terms and Conditions.
- Change the settings for the software if needed.
- Click the Automatic or Manual 123.hp.com/setup 2600 method.
- Install the driver by doing the instructions given on the desktop.
- Select the Finish option and then check if the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer is added to the list of printers.
HP Deskjet 2600 Wireless 123.hp.com/setup 2600
The wireless setup is done to bridge the HP Deskjet 2600 printer to the Windows or Mac computer through the network.
How do I Connect HP Deskjet 2600 to Wireless?
- Obtain the name of your network also known as the Service Set Identifier and the security key.
- Cable or Data Subscriber Logic is recommended to be used as the Internet connection.
- Ensure that the computer and the router are turned On.
- Make sure to connect the Deskjet 2600 printer and the Windows or Mac system to the same wireless network.
- 123.hp.com/setup 2600 the printer and insert papers into its tray, and then install the cartridges.
- Disconnect any USB cables from the printer’s rear.
- Go to the manufacturer’s page and select your printer model, and then choose Download.
- Click the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer when instructed and then select the Continue option.
- Choose Wireless Network (if applicable) and click Continue.
- Carry out the instructions that display on the computer screen to finish the wireless setup.
How to Connect HP Deskjet 2600 WiFi Direct?
Wi-Fi Direct also called as Wireless Fidelity Direct is used for connecting the printer and the computer or laptop to the Internet.
- Confirm if the Deskjet 2600 printer is powered On and the cartridges are installed.
- Ensure that the input tray is loaded with enough papers.
- From the Start window, choose the Settings option.
- Click Devices and then select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Choose the Add a Printer or Scanner option.
- Select Show Wi-Fi Direct Printers if the option appears on the computer screen.
- Locate your HP printer with DIRECT in its name.
- Return to your computer screen and click the Add Device option.
- Find the WPS PIN on the report that gets printed.
- Type the eight digit code on the Enter the WPS PIN for your printer window to finish the 123.hp.com/setup 2600.
How to Find HP Deskjet 2600 WPS Pin?
An eight digit PIN that must be entered for establishing the link between the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer and the computer using the WPS method.
- You can get the WPS PIN at the rear side of your router.
- The WPS PIN will be available at the router’s back along with the MAC address and Serial Number details.
- Another way of locating the WPS PIN is, review the instruction guide to get the PIN.
- You can also obtain the WPS PIN from any web browser by following a few simple steps given below,
- In the search field, type the IP address as 192.168.1.1 and then tap the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Now enter the admin name and the password.
- Click the OK button and then choose Wireless.
- Select Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- The Wi-Fi Protected 123.hp.com/setup 2600 window opens on your computer.
- Now you can find the WPS PIN on the third column of the WPS window.
How to Replace HP Deskjet 2600 Ink Cartridge?
The cartridges must be replaced when the ink levels of the black or tri-colored one are very low or empty.
- Switch On the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer and lower the input tray on it.
- Reach inside the Deskjet 2600 printer and raise the cartridge access door.
- The carriage slides to the middle area of the device.
- Do not proceed until the carriage remains calm and idle.
- Release the ink cartridge by lightly pressing on it.
- Take the cartridge out of the slot completely. Remove the new ink cartridge out of the package.
- Use only the black plastic area around the cartridge.
- Discard the plastic tape and then hold the cartridge by the sides with the nozzles facing the Deskjet 2600 printer.
- If required, install all the other cartridges by following the instructions given above and then lower the cartridge access door.
How do I Refill HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Ink?
The ink refilling process is generally carried out when the cartridges run out of ink. However, the refilling process is highly not suggested.
- Purchase a ink refill kit that includes the components such as a needle, syringe, tissue paper, refill tanks, hand gloves, and refill tank.
- Check if your Deskjet 2600 printer is powered On.
- Locate and raise the cartridge access door on the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer.
- Take the low or empty ink cartridge out of the slot.
- Place the ink cartridge on the tissue paper and find the holes on it.
- Only a single hole leads to the ink tank, and it has a sponge area.
- Enlarge the hole by inserting a sharp pin.
- Utilize the syringe to eject ink from the ink bottle.
- Refill the ink by placing the needle into the cartridge. Ascertain not to overfill the ink.
- Once you have refilled the cartridges, reinstall the cartridges and then lower the access door.
Solution for 123.hp.com/dj2600 How to Scan?
Make use of the HP Printer Assistant software to do the scan function. The software gets installed along with the Full Featured driver.
- The full feature software can be installed from our website.
- After launching, load the item on the scanner glass.
- In Windows, search for your Hewlett Packard printer. Choose your 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer from the results.
- The HP Printer Assistant software appears on your computer.
- Select the Scan option and click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose the appropriate scan shortcut that matches the type of scan task.
- Do additional edits by choosing the Show Viewer After Scan button.
- If you want to change the settings like color or quality, click the Advanced Settings or More option.
- Choose Scan and then double-click on the thumbnail version of the scanned item.
- Save the settings by clicking the OK button.
How to Connect HP Deskjet 2600 to Computer?
- To get the most out of the Deskjet 2600 printer that is connected to the computer using a USB cable, download the software from our website.
- Before starting the setup, delete any drivers that were installed previously on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Switch On the printer and make sure to purchase a compatible USB cable.
- Detach the USB cord from the rear of your Deskjet 2600 if you have plugged it before installing the driver.
- Make sure to insert the USB cable only when prompted during the driver installation process.
- Now launch the software from 123.hp.com/dj2600 and then select the connectivity mode as USB.
- Connect one end of the USB cord to the correct USB port that is located on your computer.
- Now attach the USB cord’s other end at the rear side of your printer.
- Check if the printer is added to the queue of installed devices.
- Carry out any of the printer functions such as scanning, copying, or printing.
How do I Solve 123.hp.com/dj2600 Troubleshooting Issue?
The problems that happen in any Hewlett Packard printer can be resolved by the process known as troubleshooting. Users can identify the errors through the error messages that get displayed on its front panel, Windows, or Mac PC screen. Ensure that the Deskjet 2600 printer is maintained on a regular basis to overcome the issues that occur in it.
Why is HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Not Printing?
Several reasons can cause the not printing error in the HP DJ 2600 printer. Do the steps mentioned below.
- If the printer uses a wired 123.hp.com/setup 2600, try unplugging and then replug the USB cord.
- Check if the printer and the Mac or Windows computer are linked to the same wireless network.
- Ascertain to set the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer as the default.
- If you have used a wireless connection, ensure that the same is functioning properly.
- Check if enough amount of paper is loaded into the input tray.
- Confirm there is sufficient ink inside the black and tri-colored cartridge.
- Ensure that the printer is not in the Offline mode.
- The print task might get affected if the quality of the kept paper is not good.
Why is HP Deskjet 2600 Not Scanning?
The solutions to fix the HP Deskjet 2600 printer not scanning problem are as follows,
- Users can download and launch the Hardware and Device troubleshooter to rectify the errors with the scanner.
- Choose the Start icon located on the bottom left corner of your Personal Computer.
- Enter troubleshooting in the search box.
- Click Troubleshooting and select the Hardware and Sound option.
- Choose the Hardware and Sound option, and a pop-up window appears on the desktop.
- Begin the troubleshooting process by selecting the Next option.
- If you are not able to resolve the error, run the self diagnostic tool developed by HP called the Print and Scan Doctor.
- Ascertain to clean the scanner glass to resolve the issue in scanning.
Why is HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Blinking Orange Light?
The instructions to rectify the orange light blinking on your HP Deskjet 2600 printer is listed below,
- Ensure that the printer is 123.hp.com/setup 2600 to the socket and not to a surge protector.
- Take all the ink cartridges out of the printer.
- Now carry out a hard reset on the printer.
- With the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer switched On, detach the electrical cable from its back.
- Unplug the USB cord if applicable and wait for two to three minutes.
- Turn On the HP DJ 2600 printer and do not proceed for about thirty seconds.
- Now reinsert the electrical cord at the printer’s back.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge and then print a test page.
Solution for HP Deskjet 2600 Factory Reset
The steps on how to do the factory reset process are given below.
- There are two methods available using which the factory reset process can be done.
- One way is doing it from the operation panel of the printer.
- If the printer does not have a control panel, switch Off the Deskjet 2600 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Detach the electrical cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait for at least thirty seconds.
- Replug the electrical cord to the printer’s back.
- Long press the Resume button and hold it for ten to twenty seconds.
- Release the Resume button after the Attention light turns On to complete the 123.hp.com/dj2600 factory reset process.