Solution steps for slow printing issues – Windows
The printing speed of the printer may get low than assumed. Trail the solutions to get rid of the slow printing issues.
Step 1 : Re- configure the printer settings
Here are the instructions which let to solve the printer issues.
- Your printer needs to be maintained in on state.
- Stay tranquil calm until your printer maintains in idle mode and then pursue with the following steps.
- When your printer is turned on, the power cord needs to be disconnected from the printer’s hind side.
- The power cable that is connected to the wall outlet needs to be detached.
- Stay calm for a while.
- The power cable needs to be re- plugged into the outlet wall.
- Attach the other end of the power cord to the printer’s hind side.
- Make a trial to power up the printer, if it does not switch on its own.
- The printer may need a warm- up period. You may view the flickering of light and the displacement of your printer.
- The printer needs to be left until it completes the warm up phase and stay cool prior to proceeding with the next steps.
- Pass a print command to the printer and scrutinize whether the issues have delivered to its end.
Step 2 : Inspect the print driver settings
You may face the slow printing issues at the time you select certain paper types or print in Best quality. Attain speedy prints by using plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
- Fill in with the Printer name in the Windows search box and tap on Devices and Printers in the results listed.
- Browse your printer symbol and double- tap on it.
- Directly go to Set Preferences option and double- tap on it.
- Look for the paper type information.
- Click the Paper type area, ratify that you have selected the Plain Paper option.
- Click the Quality Settings area, ratify that you have selected the Draft or Normal option.
- Choose Ok or Apply to make sure with the changes which are done. Go back from the HP printer Window and then from Device and Printers.
- Attempt to print and inspect whether your slow printing issues have been solved.
Step 3 : Installing the software once again
The recently available printer driver and software can be eliminated with the help of Uninstall a program tool in Windows Programs and Features. Uninstall the already installed driver consequently the new printer driver software and the software needs to be installed on your computer. Trail the instructions given below to install the updated version of the printer driver software and install on your computer.
- If you make use of a USB cable to establish connection between your printer and the computer, unplug the cable.
- Access Windows for Programs and Features and then tap on the Programs and Features from the results listed.
- From the accessible program list, tap on your HP printer name and go along the Uninstall or Yes option.
- The prompt messages permit you to finish the software removal process.
- Allow your printer to reboot.
Step 4 : Rearrange your printer driver
Your computer needs to be installed using a latest available printer software and driver. Finish installing the printer driver software, allocate the print job. If the issues are not brought to an end, directly go to update the printer driver software step in this manual.
Step 5 : Revamp the printer driver firmware
The normal updates can be obtained from our website and obtain the appropriate functionality of the printers.
- Make certain that your printer is turned on and is connected to the computer, either with the help of a wired or wireless network or USB cable.
- Go to our website and have a glance on the instructions.
- Select the operating system, if urged.
- Process with Firmware option and then Download it.
- If you are not able to discover the firmware sections then firmware update is not available. You can head over to the next step.
- Go along with HP Download and Install Assistant, go to the Next and Install now options.
- Hunt for HP Printer Update windows to examine whether the printer serial number is displayed and then prompts are to be done.
- When the update gets over, pick Ok.
- If you make use of a USB cable to link it to the networked printer, eliminate the already existing USB driver and then trail with the prompts.
- Make an attempt to print a document. If it is unsuccessful, directly go to the next step.
Step 6 : Inspect the network status
If the printer is connected via wired or wireless network then the network status needs to be inspected.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.