Slow Printing for Windows
When your printer print speed is sedate than predicted speed, or if it does has not satisfy the speed that are mentioned in the printer specification, then follow the steps.
Step 1 : Printer reboot
- Power up the HP Officejet printer.
- Stay until the printer is calm and immobile and then proceed.
- Maintain the printer in on, the power cord should be disconnected from the printer.
- The power cord is linked to the wall outlet.
- Stay for at least for 60 seconds.
- The power cord is linked again into the wall outlet and to the printer.
- Power up your printer, if it does not switch on by itself.
- Stay till the warm-up phase gets over and the printer remains silent and stationary before you proceed.
- Attempt to print the sample document. If the issue still persists then perform the next step.
Step 2 : Check the printer driver settings
The printer driver settings are examined. Selecting specific paper types or printing in Best quality. This can slow down your printer print speeds. Your document can be printed on the plain paper in Normal Draft quality for quicker print speeds.
- Browse your Printer below Windows, and then select the Devices and Printers in the listed results.
- The printer symbol should be double-clicked.
- Set Preferences should be double-clicked.
- The paper type info should be recognized.
- Under the Paper type area, confirm that Plain paper is chosen.
- Below the Quality Settings area, ratify that the Draft or Normal are selected.
- Choose the Ok or Apply option to make sure with the changes that are done, shut down the printer driver window, and then the Devices and Printers screen.
- Try to print the document. If you are still facing the problem, then perform the next step.
Step 3 : Installing the printer driver
- If the printer is linked to the system using a USB cable, then remove the cable from the printer.
- Browse for the programs and features options under Windows, and then go with Programs and Features in the exhibited list of results.
- The list of installed programs gets displayed, then pick the printer’s name, and then select the Uninstall or Yes option.
- Follow the prompts to remove the entire software from your system.
- The system should be reset.
Step 4 : Re- install your printer driver software
When you have completed the uninstallation process of your printer driver, direct to our website, and then you can make use of the prompts to download and install the updated printer driver.
Attempt to print a sample document. If your printer is still experience the issue go to the next step.
Step 5 : Maintain the printer driver firmware up-to- date
The firmware updates can be availed and downloaded from the website.
- Affirm that the printer is switched on and connected into the system, by using a network or a USB cable.
- Check our website and then choose Software and Drive Downloads, and then index in with your printer model number.
- Pick the operating system, if needed.
- Pick out your Firmware, and then click on the Download option.
- If the firmware section is unavailable, there is no printer firmware update is present.
- Pick out the Use HP Download and Install Assistant option-> Next->install now.
- If the serial number is not exhibited, then tap on the serial number of the respective printer, and then choose the Update option.
- If the serial number is exhibited on the list but if the status is not applicable, you need not needed to upgrade your printer firmware. Choose the Cancel option.
- If the list does not contain your serial number and your printer is functioning by using a network connection, link with a USB cable, stay for 20 seconds and then pick out the Refresh option.
- When you are done with your updates, go ahead with Ok.
- If you connect a USB cable for the networked printer, then unplug the USB printer driver that was added by Windows.
- Search for Devices and Printers below Windows, and then access Devices and Printers from the results displayed.
- Do right-click the USB printer device that corresponds to the printer model which you are using, and then click Remove Device.
- Unplug the USB cable. Subsequently, reboot the system.
- Attempt to print to sample document to check whether the problem has been resolved.
Step 6 : The network status is analyzed
If your printer is linked over a wired or wireless network, there are surplus tips and procedures which enable you to resolute your slow printing issues.
- Analyze the strength of the wireless signal in your system, by picking out the wireless connection symbol from the Windows taskbar. If the strength of the signal is not appreciable, you need to bring your router, system, and printer close to each other.
- If your printer is connected to the network using an Ethernet cable, make clear that the cable connections are kept secure.
- Reboot your router by disconnecting it, hold on for 10 seconds, and enable the printer connection with the cable again.
Steps to Resolute the carriage jam
A carriage jam error normally transpire when the printer carriage cannot slide. Use the steps in this manual to resolve the carriage error.
Solution 1 : Reboot the HP printer
Read and follow the prompts which were described below to boot up your printer again.
Step 1 : Printer reboot
The carriage reset must be done after rebooting the printer. The steps that are described below let your printer to restart.
- The Power button makes you to turn off your printer.
- Even if your printer is still in ON condition, unplug the power cable from the printer.
- Stay calm for a minute.
- The cable should be re- plugged.
- Use the power button to switch on the HP Officejet 4655 printer.
Step 2 : Take a print of Status Report of your HP printer
In general, the hardware functionality of your printer is analyzed by letting the printer to print a Printer Status Report.
- The feeder tray of the HP Printer should be filled with fresh sheets of paper.
- Start the printer control panel. Click the printer display and tap on the Setup icon.
- Tap on the Reports option, by sliding the display to the next screen.
- Tap on the Printer Status Report option in order to print a report.
Solution two: Remove the stuck paper
The carriage block is resulted by the paper stuck on the slider. Use the prompts to get rid of paper jam from the printer.
Step 1 : Empty the loose paper from the output tray need to be emptied
Follow the instructions given below to empty the output tray.
- The unused papers that lies in the input tray need to be discarded.
- The output tray extender should be pulled out.
- Unlock the output tray to drag them towards you to take it out.
- Swipe the input tray out to its outermost position.
- Take off all the papers present inside the input tray.
- The stack of paper should be removed from the output rollers.
- With the aid of the torch light inspect whether there are any pieces of paper remains inside the output tray. The recurrent paper jam is the cause of paper that are getting torn inside and staying as pieces inside the printer.
- The paper tray should be pulled out, the output tray is placed and then insert it back again.
Step 2 : Take out the jammed paper from the input feeder tray
- Re- do the same steps that are mentioned in the clear paper jams.
- . The jammed paper should be taken off from the printer, and then place the unused paper into the tray.
- The paper width guides are adjusted in such a way that it touch the paper, and then pull out the input tray to its place.
- The output tray should be replaced by pulling out the output tray onto the input tray.
- If you are still encountering the issue while printing then proceed to the next step.
Step 3 : Ratify that your paper path and the access area is free from the jammed paper.
Go ahead with the following steps to eliminate any jammed paper from the paper path and cartridge access area inside the printer.
- Your printer should be kept on now.
- The HP printer’s ink cartridge access door should be accessed.
- The printer should be allowed to be in idle state for a while.
- The power cord from the rear of the printer should be taken off when your printer is on. Once it is done, the other end of the power cord should be disconnected from the power source.
- Keep in mind that the USB cable connected to the printer’s rear position should be removed.
- The wedged paper from the tray should be removed off with the utmost care.
- Look for the paper path so that it can be removed.
- Replace the paper path cover until it fits well into its place.
- The ink cartridge door should be locked.
- The power cord can be connected to the respective place as how they are earlier.
- If you connect your printer using a USB or Ethernet cable, it should be detached.
- The printer can be switched on now.
Step 4 : Place your HP Printer on a flat surface
- Initially, the printer needs to be powered up and hold the power button for a while.
- The power cord is to be disconnected from the printer’s rear position by keeping your printer in ON condition whereas the end of the power cord must be disconnected from the power supply.
- If you make use of a USB cable to enable a network connection, it must be detached.
- The printer should be moved to its right side in order to access its bottom.
- The hindrances which exists with your printer need to be discarded.
- The HP printer should be rotated to its vertical position after inserting the input tray.
- You need to re-link the cable’s one end to the electrical supply and another end to the printer’s rear side.
- You need to attach the USB cable once again if you are using USB or Ethernet connection.
- Switch on the printer now and allow it to experience a warm- up period.
- You are not allowed to do with the succeeding steps until you are not completed with the warm-up phase.
- Once you are done with the above steps, permit your HP printer to take a print of a status report to examine its functionality.
Solution 3 : Take off the damaged cartridges and re- install with a new cartridge
The carriage jam is the result of improper installation of cartridges. Make sure that the ink cartridges have been placed properly, go along with the on- screen instructions if the older ink cartridge is to be removed and is replaced by a new cartridge. Once you are done with this, take a print of your Printer Status once again to confirm that the issues have been resolved.
Solution 4 : Attempt to enable connection with the printer directly into a wall outlet
Step 1 : Establish the direct connection between the printer and a wall outlet
Enough power is needed for the proper gliding of the carriage. Here are the instructions that let you activate the direct connection and print a Status Report. Follow the succeeding steps if the problem has not been resolute.
Solution 5 : Reboot the entire printer configuration
In common, rebooting your printer will flash off all the configuration that you have done till the time of reset. On-screen prompts will be displayed while your printer is reset, and let you to print a Printer Status Report.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.