Enable a wireless connection in your printer
- Make wireless connection in your printer.
- Take a note of your wireless network name and the security code.
- Tap on the Wireless icon or Network from the control panel of the printer.
- From the displayed options, tap on your wireless network connection to which you want to connect.
- When instructed, type the password then tap on the Connect option.
Setting up the wireless connection with Windows computer:
- While preparing for installation, ensure that you have already gathered Network name, security password (WEP key or WPA).
- You should have computer with a working interest connection.
- Get a USB cable which is suitable.
- Affirm that there is no USB cable connected during the installation process.
- Your printer, router and Windows computer should be kept on and is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect the printer to.
If the software for a USB connection is already installed, and you wish to change the connection type to Wireless network connection, trail the steps given below:
- Search or access the HP folder in the software programs that are installed. Once it is done, tap on the folder which holds your computer name and tap on your printer name. The HP printer Assistant software exhibits.
- Tap on the Utilities and follow with Printer Setup & Software selection.
- Below the options gets screened, tap on Convert a USB connected printer to Wireless or Connect a new printer.
- Trail the instructions displayed to accomplish the installation process.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.