USB Printer Setup for Windows
Step 1: Get ready for the printer setup
- Verify the following requisites and files before you begin:
- The printer is turned on and in a prepared state.
- Acquire a USB cable less than 3 m in length.
- If connected via a USB hub or docking station, your printer may not obtain sufficient power to operate properly.
- Unplug the USB cable from the system. Do not reconnect the cable unless interrupted during the driver installation procedure.
- Select devices and printers from the control panel of your printer.
- Right-click on Remove device. If multiple icons occur for the printer, remove them all.
- Close the Devices and Printers window, and then go to the next step.
Step 2: Install the driver and set up the connection
- Index your printer model, and then follow the instructions to download your driver.
- In case a driver or HP Easy start to download, follow the guides to access the downloaded file to start the setup. When interrupted to choose a connection type, click USB.
- In case download fails or the printer is not listed proceed with these steps to install a driver from our website.
- Type your printer model, if it is urged, and then verify whether the operating system version is correct.
- When interrupted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, select USB to go with and complete the setup process.
- Attempt to print, scan, or fax, liable to the printer functionality.
USB Printer Setup – Mac device
Step 1: Formulate the printer setup
- Check the following necessities before you start the setup process:
- Switch on the printer and keep it in a prepared state.
- Acquire a USB cable less than 3 m in length.
- If you link to a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not get adequate power to properly operate.
- Remove the printer USB cable from the system. Ensure that you do not reconnect the cable until interrupted during the driver installation step.
- Check the following necessities before you start the setup process:
Step 2: Download the driver and configure the connection
- Type your printer model, and then select Start. According to the printer and operating system version, the driver installation application downloads, and then setup the full feature printer driver.
- If Easy Start downloads, follow the instructions to access the download file to start the setup. When interrupted to pick a connection type, choose USB.
- Type your printer model, if interrupted, and then verify whether the operating system version is correct.
- When interrupted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, click USB.
- On the Install screen, confirm that the Scan or Easy Scan is chosen, if your printer has a scanner to activate full scan functionality.
- When urged by the installer, choose Add Printer to create a print queue on the Mac and the add window opens.
- Pick your printer name, tap on the Use or Print Using menu, choose the name of your printer in the pop-up list, and then select Add.
- Try to print, scan or fax a sample document, according to your printer functionality.
Mopria Print Service
Step 1: Check for the requirements
Prior to printing wirelessly from your mobile device, confirm that you have the following items:
- A mobile device running on Android 4.4 or later or an HP Slate tablet running Android 4.1 or later.
- A Mopria- certified wireless printer or wireless printing accessory.
Step 3: Link your printer with Mopria Print Service
Link your mobile device to the printer.
- On your mobile device, select Settings Wi-Fi On, if it is not already on.
- Pick your corresponding printer or accessory.
The app automatically looks for nearby Mopria-compatible printers or accessories.
Step 2: Configure Mopria Print Service on your mobile device
From your mobile device, confirm that the Mopria Print Service is preinstalled and if it is not, install it.
- From the Application manager on your mobile device, look for Mopria Print Service.
- If Mopria Print Service is available in the Application manager, move to the step to link the printer with Mopria Print Service.
- In case Mopria Print Service is not available in the Application manager, continue with these steps to download it.
- On your mobile device, install or upgrade the HP Print Service Plugin.
- Look for Mopria, and then click on the Mopria Print Service option.
- Tap on the Back option.
- Choose Settings, and then click Printing.
- Move to Mopria Print Service, and then choose on, if it is not already on.
Step 4: Print your desired document with Mopria Print Service
Easily print photos, documents or web pages from your smartphone.
- On your mobile device, open the document or image that you want to print.
- Select the Menu icon, and then click on the Print option.
- Pick out your Mopria-compatible printer or accessory with Mopria Print Service listed under the name of the printer.
- Pick your print settings such as Paper size, Copies, Color, Orientation, and Pages.
Available settings may vary according to your mobile devices.
- Select Print.
- Once the printing is completed, return to your wireless settings, and then choose the name of your network to restore your connection to the Internet.
Scrutinize the status of a print job using Mopria Print Service
- Access the notification area to monitor jobs in the print queue
- Pick your job, and then select the printer section of the menu to view the status.
- Accessing the notification area may vary based on your mobile device.
Cancel your print job from the printer
- You can cancel your print job directly from your smartphone. To view print jobs, open the notification area by swiping down the top of the screen, select the print job, and then choose the Cancel button.
- According to your mobile device, accessing the notification area may vary.
Copying documents or photos
- Mount plain paper in the printer input tray, in case the paper is not already loaded.
- Confirm that you switch on your printer.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Insert the original document or image with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then position it based on the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Choose Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the control panel to begin the copy job.
- To increase the number of copies, click on the Start Copy Black or the Start Copy Color button once, for the copy that you want to print.
Scan your document using HP Solution Center software
- To scan the file, insert the desired file on the scanner glass, in the automatic document feeder or in the document feeder slot, according to your printer type and features.
- Find Solution center.
- In case HP Solution Center displays, pick the printer name on the list.
- In case HP Solution Center does not display, go to our website and then click Software and Driver Downloads, and then index the printer model. From the Driver-Printer Installation software, tap Download next to the full feature driver.
At some point, if the full feature printer driver does not display, the printer does not support HP Solution Center software.
- Click on the Scan Document or Scan Picture option to view the available scan shortcuts and settings option.
- Pick one of the shortcuts that match the file type and the action you prefer.
- Adjust any of the shortcuts default settings on the right side of the window, if required.
- Click Advanced Picture Settings or Advanced Document Settings to modify any available settings such as quality and resolution.
- Select Save to file save options to modify the folder where the scans are stored, set scan file names, and choose what happens after you save the scan.
- Click Scan.
Your printer scans the file and a scan preview window opens on the system.
- Select the scanned document to make further changes, and then click on the Finish option to save the scanned file.
- You can view the scan by opening the folder in which you stored the scan, and then double-click the file to open it.
This procedure guides you on how to setup your printer to fax.
Step 1: Meet the requisites
Scrutinize that all the requirements have been met prior to setting up your printer to fax
- Avail an active telephone landline.
- Setup the ink cartridges on the printer.
- Mount new white paper in the input tray.
- Get the telephone cord and adapter that came along with the printer box.
Step 3: Procedure to configure the basic fax settings
Modify the default settings based on your requirements. Make use of the instructions below to alter a few settings. Include contacts to phonebook Employ the instructions below to add a new contact to the phone book.
- Open the control panel of the printer and then select Fax Send Now.
- Tap on the Phone Book icon and Navigate to the Phone Book Contact icon plus sign to include a contact.
- Click Name, index the name and then select the Done option.
- Choose Fax Number, and then enter the fax number of the contact, click Done and Select Add.
Step 2: Configure the Fax on your printer
Fix the telephone cord and alter the ring settings from the printer’s control panel.
After connecting a telephone cord, configure the ring settings from the printer control panel.
Make use of the instructions below to set up the fax on your printer.
- Unplug the telephone devices from the phone jack where your printer is linked to.
- Disconnect the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- Remove the answering machine’s power cord from the phone jack, and link it to the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s rear side.
- If any other phone cord is used instead of the one which came along with the printer to link the printer, the fax job might not be successful.
- Access the control panel of the printer, scroll the display to the left to select Setup.
- Glide the display up, select Fax Setup Setup Wizard and then follow the guides to setup your printer for faxing.
Configure the dial type
Ensure that the dial typesetting on your phone corresponds to the type of dialing used in the phone settings. Your printer cannot call other fax systems in case the dial type does not support.
- Access your printer control panel, slide on the screen to the left and select Setup.
- Tap on the next screen, and select Fax Setup Preferences.
- Slide on the display, select Dial Type.
- Choose Tone or Pulse.
Fax speed setup
The fax speed can be set to slow, medium, or fast according to the necessity. The fax failure can be minimized if the speed is set to slow, but the fax job needs a longer time to complete.
- Slide your display to the left on the control panel and then click Setup.
- Scroll the display up, select Fax SetupPreferences.
- Slide the display, and then click on the Speed option.
- Choose Slow, Medium, or Fast.
Fax volume setup
Configure the fax ringer volume to soft or loud, or turn off the volume.The fax ringing volume can be fixed to soft or loud, or mute it.
- Access the control panel, swipe the display on the left and choose Setup.
- Click Fax Setup by sliding on the display, and then click Preferences.
- Slide up to the display, and then click on Fax Volume.
- Choose Soft, off or loud.
Step 4: Take a fax test
Fax test should be carried out to confirm that the fax setup is done correctly.
- Choose Setup->Fax Setup-> Tools-> TestThe fax test report prints successfully.
- Look at a glance at the Fax Test Report.
- If the report displays that the printer passed the test but the printer still has faxing issues, verify the fax settings listed in the report to ensure that the settings are proper. Incorrect or blank settings can cause fax problems.
- In case the report displays that the printer failed the test, take a look at the report for detailed information about fixing the fax issues.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.