- Fixing poor print quality
- Printer does not maintain wireless connection
- Extra blank page prints
- Paper Mismatch Error
- Print job stuck in print queue
- Color or Black ink is not printing
Paper Mismatch Error for Windows and Mac
While printing envelopes or different paper sizes, one of the following error messages displays on the control panel of your printer or the system:
- Paper Mismatch
- Paper Size Mismatch
The above error message displays to make sure that the ink is not wasted when paper settings in the printer driver do not match to the paper loaded in the printer.
Step 1: Modify the paper size setting
Verify the paper size to ensure that it corresponds to the paper you want to print.
- Click File, and then select Print from the program you want to print.
- Verify that your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Select the Paper or Quality option.
- Choose Advanced, if required, and then click Paper Size.
- Select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper mounted in the printer tray, and then click Ok.In case there are no corresponding paper sizes, choose the size from the list which is closest to the size of the paper placed in the tray.
- Click Ok, and then try to print a sample document.
If you detect the same issue, follow the next step.
Step 2: Check the paper source setting
Detach and replace the paper in the input tray, and then verify the paper source setting.
- Take out all the paper from all the printer input trays.
- Replace all the paper, and then adjust the paper width guides so they smoothly place against the edge of the paper stack.
- Open the document that you want a print from, go to File, and then choose Print.
- Ratify that the printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list, and then choose Properties Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Choose the Paper or Quality option, and then select Paper Source to pick the correct tray.
- Click Ok, and then try to print the sample document.
Step 3: Printer Reset
- Power on your printer.
- Wait until the printer is stable and noiseless before you commence.
- With the printer switched on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Link the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Switch on your printer, in case it does not automatically switch on.
- Wait until the warm-up phase finishes and the printer are stable and hushed prior to commence.
To avail more information, contact our technical support team on our toll-free number.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.