Wired Network printer setup for Windows and Mac device
Install the printer driver and software to setup the printer on a wired network connection.
Step 1: Organize for the driver installation and network connection
Before installing the printer driver, confirm that you have a proper network router and an Ethernet cable.
- Ratify that you have a network router, switch or hub with available Ethernet ports.
- Ensure that the computer is linked to the router, switch or hub.
- Avail an Ethernet cable. Make sure that you do not use a standard telephone cable.
Step 2: Link the printer to the networkM
Plug the Ethernet cable to the printer and to the router, switch or hub so that the printer is recognized during installation.
- Turn on the printer.
- Detach any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer port, and then plug the other end of the cable to an available port on the network router, switch or hub
Step 3: Procedure for software installation
Configure the printer driver to complete the network printer setup.
- Go to our website, enter your printer model, and then click Begin. According to the printer and the operating system, driver installation application HP Easy Start downloads, or direct to the Software and Driver Downloads page to setup the full feature driver.
- If the HP Easy Start downloads, go through the instructions to open the download file to initiate the setup. When it is urged to choose a connection type, tap on Wired Network option.
- If the Easy Start fails or your printer is not listed on the site, follow the steps to setup the driver from our website.
- Go to our website and then click Software and Driver Downloads, index in with your printer model, if it is urged, and then confirm that the operating system version is proper.
- Windows: From Driver-Printer Installation software, choose Download to the full feature printer driver, make use of the guides to use the HP Download and Install Assistant, or click Download only to save and then enable the printer driver file from your computer.
- Windows: When it is urged by the installer to pick a printer connection option, select Wired Network to complete the setup.
- Windows: Try to print the document, Scan or Fax, based on your printer functionality.
- Mac: From Driver-Printer Installation software, pick the option Download that is screened adjacent to the HP Easy Start or get the current update for the printer driver. Based on the option screened, activate HP Easy Start.
- Mac: When it is urged by the installer, click Add Printer to start a print queue on the Mac device.
The Add window gets screened.
- Mac: Choose the printer name, tap the Use or Print Using menu, pick the printer name in the list, and then select the Add option.
- Mac: Get back to the installer to finish the installation.
For more information, contact our technical support team to resolve the issues.
Printer Driver installation for Windows
You can download the latest printer driver, the driver gets stored in the Downloads folder and install it from the download folder.
Step 1: Download the printer driver
Based on the printer model and the operating system version, an upgraded printer driver or the HP Easy Start guided installation app is available on the download page.
- Use the instructions to download the updated printer driver from our website.
- Once downloading the corresponding printer driver, follow the next step to setup the driver for your printer.
- In some cases, the HP Easy Start app gets enabled but it fails to download the driver, affirm that the system has an Internet connection, and attempt to download again.
- Visit our website for the updated Software and Driver Downloads.
- Enter your printer model, if required, and then ensure that the operating system is correct.
- Click Download on the Driver Printer Installation Software, or make use of the instructions that get displayed.
Currently downloaded printer driver gets saved in the download folder
Step 2: Configure the downloaded printer driver
When you are urged to select a connection type during the installation process, select USB, Wireless or Wired option, based on the printer model and connection finish the installation process.
- Open the download folder and start HP Easy Start folder or the updated printer driver .exe folder to commence the installation process.
- Use the guides displayed on the screen, activate the connection to the printer and then install the downloaded printer driver.
- When you are guided by the installer, select Add printer to initiate a printer print queue on your device.
The Add window gets displayed.
Select your printer name, tap Use or Print Using menu option, pick your printer name in the drop-down list, and then choose the Add option.
- Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation.
For further queries, ring us on our toll-free number to rectify your issues and queries.
Driver installation for Mac device
You can acquire the full feature printer driver and then it gets stored in the Downloads folder and configure the printer driver from the download folder.
Step 1: Procedure to download the printer driver
Depending on your printer model and the operating system version, an upgraded printer driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installation application is available on the download page. Install the acceptable printer driver for your printer.
- Use the instructions displayed on the screen to download the updated version of the driver from our website.
- You can download the driver and then continue with the step to install the printer driver.
- At some point, HP Easy application gets activated, but it fails to download the printer driver, ratify that the system has an Internet connection, and attempt to download again.
- Go to our website and then select Software and Driver Downloads.
- Index your printer model number, if required, and then look for correct operating system version.
- Select Download, on the Driver-Printer-Installation software, follow the instruction displayed on the screen.
The driver gets downloaded in the Download folder.
Step 2: Printer driver installation
Install the printer driver from the download folder.If it is instructed to choose a connection type during the installation process, choose USB, Wireless or Wired option, based on the printer model and connection to complete the installation process.
- Open the download folder, and then commence the HP Easy Start file or updated printer driver .dmg folder to initiate the installation process.
- Employ the instructions to enable the connection to the printer and then the printer driver is installed.
- Choose Add Printer to start a printer print queue on your device.
The Add window gets screened.
- Choose the name of the printer, tap the Use or Print Using option, pick the name of the printer in the list, and then select Add.
- Get back to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
Printing with Black Ink Only
Some of the printer use only Black ink cartridge to create a black and white print out. The colors which are present in the original document or photo are converted to black. Select this setting when you prefer to print only with the black ink cartridge.
Print a document only with black ink for one print job
Modify the print settings to print with black ink only for single print jobs. The procedure may differ by printer model and the operating system.
- On your software application, click Print.
- Pick the printer from the provided list of printers.
- Choose the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.
According to your software application, this button might be known as Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer or Preferences.
- On the properties window, select the Paper/Quality or Features option, according to the software.
- To print your document with a black ink cartridge, alter one of the following settings based on what it displays.
- Click on Advanced option, select Print in Grayscale and then choose Black Ink Only.
- Select the Black and White button.
- To print a document or image with high quality black and white, alter one of the following settings based on what displays.
- Select Advanced option, click Print in Grayscale, and then tap Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.
- Choose Print in grayscale, and then choose High-Quality Grayscale.
- Click Ok, and then select Print to initiate the print job.
The printer prints the print job in black ink for this print job.
Print the desired documents with black ink for all your print jobs
If you do not want to change the print settings every time you print, you can adjust the default print settings to print with black ink only or grayscale for all your print job. The steps vary by printer model and operating system.
- From your computer, look for Devices and Printers option from Windows.
- Right-click the printer, and then choose Printing Preferences from the list.
- Select your printer again, and then choose the Paper/Quality or Features option, based on the software.
- To print a document with a black ink cartridge, modify one of the settings based on what displays.
- Choose AdvancedPrint in Grayscale Black Ink Only.
- Tap on Black and White button.
- To print a document with high quality black and white, modify one of the settings according to the display.
- Select AdvancedPrint in GrayscalePrint in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.
- Click Print in Grayscale, and then choose High-Quality Grayscale.
- Click Ok to complete the change.
To avail a detail information, ring us on our toll-free number our technical experts offer you an instant solution.
Send a Fax
Easily send a fax from the scanner glass, using the automatic document feeder or from the computer.
Procedure to send a fax from the scanner glass
Easily send a fax from the scanner glass when you have only one document or in case the paper you are scanning is not standard paper.
- Extract all original documents from the document feeder tray, and then open the scanner lid.
- Mount the original document print side downward on the right front corner of the glass. Arrange the original to the engraved guides near the edge of the glass.
- Shut down the scanner lid.
- On the printer’s control panel, select Send Fax Now.
- Type the fax number in the Enter fax number: field or make use of the stored number from the Phone Book.
- Select Black or Color.
The printer starts dialing the fax number and faxing the document if the receiving fax machine is available, your fax is sent.
Send a fax from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
Step 1: Mount the original in the ADF tray
- Flip the document print side upward.
- Place the pages so that the top edge of the document moves in first.
- Glide the paper into the automatic document feeder until you hear the sound that signals the original document is in place.
- Glide the paper width guides inside until they stop at the edge of the paper. Do not push the guides so tightly that they bind against the paper.
Step 2: Scan and send the desired document
Commence the scan, and then fax the document.
- From the printer’s control panel, select Send Fax Now.
- Index the fax number in the Enter fax number: filed or use a saved number from the Phone Book.
- Choose Black or Color.
The printer starts to dial the fax number and fax the document, In case the receiving fax machine is available, your fax is sent.
Procedure to send a fax from the computer
You can fax a document directly from your computer without printing anything.
To employ the feature, confirm that you have installed the printer software on the computer, link the printer to a working telephone line, and then configure the fax function.
Using Windows computer
- To alter the settings, select the Properties dialog box. Based on the software application, this button might be known as Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer or Preferences.
- Open the document on the system that you want to fax.On the File menu in the software application, tap on Print option.
- In the Name list, choose the printer that has a fax in the name.
- After modifying the settings, click Ok.
- Choose Print or Ok.
- Enter the desired fax number and other additional information for the receiver, modify any further settings for the fax, and then click Send Fax.
The printer starts dialing the fax number and faxing the document. If the receiving fax machine is accessible, your fax is sent.
Send a standard fax from the computer using OS X
- Open the document on the computer that you want to fax.
- On the File menu in the software application, choose Print.
- Select the printer that has a fax in the name.
- Index a corresponding fax number or a name from your Contacts that already has a fax number entry.
- Once you entered the fax information, click Fax.
The printer starts dialing the fax number and faxing the document. The fax is sent when the other side of the receiving fax machine is accessible.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.