OFFICEJET PRO 6230 PRINTER SETUP
The HP Officejet Pro 6230 all-in –one printer is a multifunctional printer to your home and office use. Make use of high speed USB connection for ease while configuring the printer to your laptop or PC. It offers you excellent quality of printing and can print a wide range of papers.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- LED control panel with touchscreen
- Wired, Wireless and USB network connectivity.
You are in need of a shared inkjet printer for a personal printer for home as well as light duty personal and micro office use, HP OfficeJet 6230 is one such printer.
- Wireless connectivity
- Easy to setup
- Excellent print quality
- Automatic Duplexer
- Cartridges are too expensive
- No paper size detection
- Only one paper tray
- Print speeds are slow
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Borderless Printing
- Prints on variety of media
- Handles up to 225 sheets of paper in the input tray
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution included with the Apple iOS v4.2 and later mobile operating systems. iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users can print wirelessly to any ePrint-enabled HP printer that is linked to the same local wireless network. Apple AirPrint allows you to print Web pages, documents, emails, photos, and content from applications that support AirPrint . Read more…
Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is a free service that permits you to print documents and photos firmly from any mobile or network-connected device like a computer, phone, tablet, or another mobile device to your printer. Print documents, email, images, and web pages from your computer or android or apple device using Google Cloud Print. Read more…
Configure the printer hardware for the HP Officejet 6230 Printer
To set up the printer hardware, you can go through the user manual to unpack the printer, connecting the printer and installing the ink cartridge.
- Unpack the printer and discard all the packing materials from the posterior of the printer.
- Drag out the input tray; check whether any packing materials are inside the printer if any discard it.
- Shove the input tray into the printer and ensure that the tray snaps into place and then eliminate the sticker on the printer’s control panel display.
- Access the ink cartridge access door and then eliminate the packing materials inside the ink cartridge access door.
- Seal the ink cartridge access door and ensure that all packing materials in and around the printer are discarded.
- Now, connect one end of the power cable into the printer’s rear and another end to the electrical outlet.
- After finishing the connection process, switch on the printer to ensure that printer is in working condition.
- Prior to install the ink cartridge, insert plain paper into the input tray and then pull the extender tray.
- Access the output tray, grasp the handles of the input tray and pull the input tray out.
- Drift the paper width guides apart and then place the paper into the tray with the print side facing downward and the short edge forward.
- Make sure you have placed the paper within the dotted lines (side of input tray) and adjust the paper width guides inwards.
- Drag in the tray into your printer until it snaps into place, lower the output tray and then drag the extender outside.
Configure the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer on your wireless network for a Mac device
Establish the wireless connection using the printer software. You can use two methods to install either by using software CD or download the printer software for the HP Officejet Pro 6230.
- After inserting the software CD into the computer device, double-click the HP installer icon and follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer software. Read more…
Driver download and installation for Windows
Collect the network cable, Ethernet cable that is in working condition prior you install the driver and then ensure that the computer is linked to the router.
- Turn on the printer; attach one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer port, and the other to the network router on its available port.
- You can download the printer driver from our website if the download button (next to full feature driver) is unavailable; try to install the windows built-in print driver.
Download and install software and drivers for Mac device
Depending on your printer and the operating system version, full feature print drivers download or the HP Easy Start guided installation application is available on the download page. Both the options install the best print driver for the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer.
- After print driver download finishes, proceed to the step to install the HP print driver.
- If HP Easy Start opens but fails to download the print driver, make sure that the computer has an active internet connection, and then try to print again.
- If your printer is not listed on our website, then proceed using the procedure to download the print driver.
- Reach our website and go to Software and Driver Downloads, Key in your printer model, if necessary, and then ratify the operating system version.
- From Driver printer Installation Software, choose Download which is adjacent to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature print driver, depending on the option that displays.
- The print driver downloads and it get stored in the Downloads folder.
Print driver installation through USB
When you are prompted to choose a connection type during the installation, choose USB, Wireless or wired option, depending on the printer and the connection priority, to complete the installation.
- Initially, open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature print driver .dmg file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure the printer connection and install the print driver.
- When prompted by the installer, choose Add Printer to create a print queue on the Mac device.
- Select the name of your printer, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose the name of the printer in the pop-up menu, and then select Add.
- Revert to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
If your printer is not found at the time of installation, utilize the below procedure:
These instructions help you to find the problem if your printer is not found during the installation.
- Restart the printer and Windows computer : Power off and instantly switch on the computer and the printer helps you to diagnose maximum error occurring conditions. Read more…
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.