123 HP Ojpro 8740 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wired Connection
Step 1: Boot up your computer, 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer and the router
- Unlink the power cord from the router.
- Switch off the printer and the computer.
- Re-link the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet (activity) light to display a normal connection status.
- Switch on the computer and the printer.
- Attempt to install the HP Officejet PRo 8740 printer driver and software again.
Step 2: Confirm the network and printer connection status
Verify that your network is working correctly and that your printer is ready for the network configuration.
- Ratify that the printer is ready for the network configuration.
- In case you use Wireless connection: Open the Wireless network or Settings menu on the printer to ensure that the wireless signal is powered on. Verify that the light next to the Wireless icon is either on and idle, or flashing.
- In case you use Wired Connection: Verify that the cable is linked to the 123.hp.com/ojp8740 printer Ethernet port and to an available port on the router. The green (link) light should be idle, and the orange (activity) light should flicker when the cable is connected.
- Ensure that the printer is not linked to a guest or host network.
- If you have a double band router, verify that it is set to the 2.4 GHz band. In case your router is set to the 5 GHz band, your printer cannot connect to the network.
- From your system, you can easily view your network name and the password in the notification area.
- Attempt to setup the printer driver and software again.
Step 3: Fix the printer to the network manually
Try to fix your printer to the network manually so that the HP installer can recognize the printer. Use the Wireless Setup Wizard in case you have a touch or text-based control panel or try out with Wi-Fi Protected Setup. After completing the connection setup, try installing the HP printer driver and software again.
Step 4: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor is used to identify and rectify printing and scanning issues. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform different 123 HP Ojpro 8740 Troubleshooting procedures to recover from the issue.
- Access the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, and then click on Start option on the welcome screen.
- In case the printer is not mentioned in the list, verify that the printer is switched on and connected or choose My printer is not listed, and then select the Retry option.
- Pick your printer, and then select Next.
- If the connection issue is detected, choose the method being used to connect your 123.hp.com/ojp8740 printer, go through the guides on the screen, and then select Retry.
Step 5: Inactivate the firewall software on your computer temporarily
- Revert to the Print and Scan Doctor window, and then tap Network.
- In the drop-down list, click 123 HP Ojpro 8740 Troubleshooting Firewalls.
- Pick the name of any firewall software on your system that has an Enabled status, and then choose Disable.
- Try to install the printer driver and software again.
Step 6: Uninstall the Printer driver and software
- If your printer links to your computer with a USB cable, discard the cable from the printer.
- Look for Programs and Features under Windows, and then click Programs and Features in the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, pick your printer name, and then choose Uninstall or Yes.
- Go through the instructions, to complete the software removal.
- Boot up the computer.
Step 7: HP software reinstallation
- Switch on your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer.
- In case your printer is connected to the computer through a USB cable, unlink the cable from the printer.
- Go to our website and then choose Software and Driver Downloads.
- Choose the Download option which is next to the full feature driver, or tap Basic Drivers for other driver options.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve 123 HP Ojpro 8740 Troubleshooting printer related issues.