Slow Printing for Windows
When the printer does not offer the expected speed, go with the steps and do your printer free from the error.
Step 1: Rebooting your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer
- Power up your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer.
- The power cord from the printer’s side should be disconnected when your printer is turned on.
- Pull out the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Hold on for 60 seconds.
- Insert the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Re-plug the power cord to the printer.
- Pause until the warm-up period completes, and the printer should be calm and stable before you go to the next step.
Step 2: Verify the configured printer driver settings
Avail the best quality by choosing certain paper types. Get faster print speeds by allowing your printer to print in plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
- Find out the printer under Windows, and then tap on the Devices and Printer option in the list of results.
- Make sure that you have double-clicked the printer icon.
- Double- press on the Set Preferences option.
- Pick out the paper type information.
- On the Quality settings area, affirm that the Draft or Normal option is chosen.
- Select either Ok or Apply to affirm the changes you are made, shut down the printer driver window, and the Devices and Printers window.
Let your printer to print the required documents. Follow the successive procedure if the printer issues have not been resolute.
Step 3: Uninstallation of the printer driver- Directives
- The USB cable which is employed to link your printer to the system must be removed from the printer’s end.
- Search for the Programs and Features options from Windows, followed by the Programs and Features options in the available list.
- Uninstalling the available printer driver.Employ the instructions to complete the software removal.
- Booting up the computer should be done.
Step 4: Directives for Printer driver reinstallation
Uninstall the available printer driver from the system, go to our website and then employ the instructions to reinstall the updated version of the printer driver and software.
Let your printer to print a sample document. If the issue remains, navigate to the next step.
Step 5: Upgrade the printer driver- Directive
- Download the most recent updated firmware.
- Affirm that the printer is powered on, and is connected to the system, either via USB or a network.
- Move to our website, click on the Software and Driver Download option, and then key in your printer model number.
- Pick out the required operating system version.
- Open the Firmware-> Download option.Suppose the firmware section is not screened, a firmware upgrade is currently unavailable.
- You can choose the Use HP Download and Install Assistant option and then select Install now.
- If the serial number is not screened in the list, pick out the printer model number, and then select the Update option.
- If the serial number is screened in the list, but the status is not applicable, it is not mandatory to update the printer firmware. Tap on the Cancel option.
- Once you have updated the firmware, tap on the Ok option.
- If you are instructed to use a USB cable, hold on for 20 seconds, and then tap Refresh.
- Look for the Devices and Printers option below Windows, and then select Devices and Printers from the sorted list.
- Do right-click the USB printer driver that matches the printer model, and then tap on the Remote Device option.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer before rebooting the printer.Make your printer to print a sample document. If the issue exists, skip to the next step.
Step 6: Customize the existing network status
If you have used either Wired or Wireless network to connect the printer, follow the tips and guidance to resolute the slow printing issue.
- Check the wireless signal strength by tapping the wireless icon in the Windows taskbar on the system. If the signal strength is not good, place the router, computer and the printer closer to each other.
- Suppose the printer is linked to the network with an aid of the Ethernet cable, affirm that the cable connection is secure.
- The router can be reboot up by detaching the cable, and connecting it again after few minutes.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.