Ojpro 8717 Printer Functions
Ojpro 8717 Scan
Enabling the scan option on the printer and connecting it to windows operating computers:
In general, the scan to computer feature gets enabled by default. If not the succeeding instructions let you do enable.
Windows 8.1: On the left corner of the Start screen, tap on the down arrow.
Select the printer’s name and tap on the Utilities.
Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7: Tap on Start option, from the desktop and click on the following.
All Programs-> HP-> Folder of your printer.
After carried out all the above mentioned steps, tap on the Scan to computer in the Scan section.
- Go to the Utility option.
- Tap on the Scan to Computer under Scan Settings.
- Tap on the Enable Scan to computer.
Customizing printer for scanning
- Search for your printer name from the list and access the HP Software.
- Select the option that let you Scan a Document or Photo.
- Tap on the shortcut for scanning which lies on the left of your scan dialogue box.
- Choose the preferences of your scan from the dialogue box.
- Once all the preferences have been chosen tap on Save settings to save the settings that are performed.
Ojpro 8717 Copy
- Place the required document on the document feeder with the print side facing up.
- You can also keep the document on the scanner glass, provided your printer has that provision.
- Select the number of copies and other settings in the control panel of printer.
- Choose the copy option from the home screen and fix the number of copies to be made.
- Tap the Settings icon to modify the paper type, quality, paper size and other settings.
- If, the 2- sided option is chosen, tap on it and power off it.
- Tap the Back icon to revert to the previous menu.
- Tap on the Start Black/ Start color to finish the process.
- For more information, get back to our customer support team.
Ojpro 8717 Fax
Setup your printer for faxing
The telephone cord should be linked to the printer. Once it is done, track the instructions to configure the fax connection.
Step 1: Prerequisites which are to be satisfied
Before you configure the fax service, make certain that you have completed the below mentioned tasks:
- Own an active telephone landline.
- Configure the ink cartridge.
- Mount the plain, and unused paper into the input tray.
- Own a two- wired telephone cord and an adapter that comes with the printer.
Step 2: Make arrangements for the fax connection
Insert the telephone cord, setup the fax connection, and then select the fax settings from the printer’s control panel. These instructions let you know how to setup the faxing for a phone system with the help of phone system which has a voice or fax line and a telephone answering machine.
Remove any telephone devices from the phone jack where the printer is connected to.
Remove the plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer.
Disable the answering machine phone cord from the phone jack, and then connect it to the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer.
Go to the printer’s control panel to select the Fax option-> Fax Setup and then go with Preference.
Slide down the display, and then go with Rings to Answer.
Pick out the number that is two rings more than your answering machine setting proceeded by the Done option.
Swipe down the display, and then make certain that Auto Answer is set to On. If Auto Answer is off, turn on it.
Step 3: Pick out your basic fax settings
Sending and receiving of fax can be performed by configuring the printer with general fax settings.
Fix the dial type
The dial type settings on the phone must match the type of dialing used on the phone settings. Suppose the dial type does not match, the other fax systems cannot be called by the printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, tap on the Fax option and then go with the Setup option.
- Tap on the Preference option.
- Slide down to choose the Dial Type option.
- Tap on Tone or Pulse.
Fix the fax speed
Alter the fax speed to boost up the communication speed between the printer and other fax machines.
- Go to the printer’s control panel to select Fax-> Setup option.
- Tap on the Preferences option.
- Scroll up on the display to fix Speed.
- Tap on the Slow, Medium or fast, liable to the preference you have chosen.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.