HP Officejet 8040 printer
Being provisioned for print, copy, scan and fax it is preferred by many customers. Replacing and maintenance is easy. Easy installation. Being compatible with ePrint feature, you can print easily irrespective the distance between you and the printer.
- Copy with the maximum speed up to 21 ppm (mono) / up to 19 ppm (color).
- Plain paper fax type.
- Monthly duty cycle is at the max of 100 pages.
- Supports in both Mac and Windows operating system.
Highly reliable and feasible. Suits well for home office and small office purpose. It is a pocket friendly printer with remarkable output.
- Long lasting cartridges./li>
- Easy print from and scan to USB.
- Feasible to ePrint remote printing feature.
- Trouble in cartridge fitting.
- Paper size cannot be detected. tray.
- Slow recognition of ePrint.
- Ink- jet printer capable of printing, scanning, faxing and copying.
- Designed with touch- screen display.
- ePrint, scan to folders can be done.
Setting up the printer for the first time
Install the below steps to configure the printer hardware before you download the printer software on the computer.
Step 1: Take off the printer from the box
Take off the printer from the box, and then take away all tapes, stickers, and packing materials present inside the printer.
- After the printer is discharged from the box, eliminate all tape and packing materials as well as any labels on the control panel of the printer.
- Unlatch the scanner lid & ink cartridge access door to relegate all tape and packing materials.
- Pull out the input tray, relegate the output tray, and then expel all tape and packing materials from the photo tray.
- With the paper tray tugged out, thrust in the photo tray.
- Fix in the paper width guides, inside the input tray.
- Exchange the output tray on the paper tray, and then push in the input tray until it locks into place.
Step 2: Connect the power cord and customize choices
- Attach the power cord to the dorsal of the printer, and then slap in the other edge of the power cord into an electrical crater.
- Power on the HP Officejet 8040 printer.
- Go to the printer control panel, select on language, country / region, time & month day, year, and then click on the Continue option.
Step 3: Mount paper into the main input tray
- Push the input tray & drag in the photo tray.
- On the input tray snap in the paper width guides as much as possible.
- Tug in the input tray until it fits into its place. If the tray is not aligned into place, paper jams can occur.
Step 4: Fix the ink cartridges
- Get access to the cartridge access door and then raise it up. The Door Open screen exhibits on the printer control panel with the message ‘The cover or door must be locked to print.
- A Change Ink option can exhibit on the screen. If required, tap on the Change Ink option.
- Place the new cartridge at an upward angle.
- To lodge the tri-color cartridge place it into the left slot.
- To lodge the black cartridge place it into the right slot.
- Fix the cartridge access door. When the door is fully closed, the Door Open screen with the message ‘The cover or door must be closed to print may appear on the screen.
If you find any issues, ring us on our toll-free number to rectify your issues and queries.
Toll Free : 1-800-806-4515
For scanning or to take photo or document from the printer’s control panel, ratify that the computer is on, the full-feature printer driver is mounted, and the HP printer is linked to the computer with a USB cable or over your local wireless network./p>
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.