Slow Printing for Windows
When your corresponding printer print speed is sedated than predicted speed, or if it does has not gratify the speed that is mentioned in the printer specification, then follow the steps.
Step 1: Boot up the printer
- Switch on the HP Officejet printer.
- Stay until the printer is idle and noiseless and then proceed.
- Ensure that the printer in on, the power cord should be disconnected from the printer.
- Link the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Stay for at least 60 seconds.
- Link the power cord again into the wall outlet and to the printer.
- Power up your printer, if it does not turn on by itself.
- Stay till the warm-up period gets over and the printer remains noiseless and stationary before you proceed.Try to print the test document. In case the issue still persists then perform the next step.
Step 3: Printer driver installation procedure
- In case the printer is connected to the computer through a USB cable, then unplug the cable from the printer.
- Look for the programs and features options under Windows, and then go with Programs and Features in the exhibited list of results.
- The list of installed programs gets screened, then choose the printer’s name, and then tap the Uninstall or Yes option.
- Follow the prompts to remove the entire software from your system.
- Reset the computer.
Step 2: Check the printer driver settings
The printer driver settings are analyzed. By selecting specific paper types or printing in Best quality may slow down your printer print speeds. Your document can be printed on the plain paper in Normal Draft quality for quicker print speeds.
- Find your Printer below Windows, and then click the Devices and Printers in the provided list of results.
- Double-tap the printer icon.
- Double-tap the set Preference option.
- The paper type info should be recognized.
- Under the Paper type area, ratify that the Plain paper is chosen.
- Below the Quality Settings area, ensure that the Draft or Normal are selected.
- Select the Ok or Apply option to ensure with the changes that are done, shut the printer driver window, and then the Devices and Printers screen.
Attempt to print the sample document. If you are still detecting the problem, then perform the next step.
Step 4: Printer driver software re-installation
Once you have completed the uninstallation process of the printer driver, direct to our website, and then you can employ the prompts to download and install the upgraded printer driver.Try to print a sample document. If your printer is still experiencing the issue go to the next step.
Step 5: Printer driver firmware updates
The firmware updates can be availed and downloaded from the website.
- Affirm that the printer is switched on and connected to the computer, by using a network or a USB cable.
- Check our website and then choose Software and Drive Downloads, and then enter your corresponding printer model number.
- Select the operating system, if needed.
- Pick your Firmware, and then tap on the Download option.
If the firmware section is not available, there is no printer firmware update is present.
- Choose the Use HP Download and Install Assistant option Nextinstall now.
- In case the serial number is not exhibited, then click on the serial number of the respective printer, and then select the Update option.
- In case the serial number is exhibited on the list but if the status is not applicable, you need not needed to update the printer firmware. Click the Cancel option.
- If the list does not contain your serial number and the printer is functioning by using a network connection, connect through a USB cable, stay for 20 seconds and then select the Refresh option.
- When you are done with your upgrades, click Ok.
- In case you fix a USB cable for the networked printer, then unplug the USB printer driver that was added by Windows.
- Browse for Devices and Printers below Windows, and then access Devices and Printers from the results displayed.
- Do right-click the USB printer device that matches to the printer model which you are using, and then pick the Remove Device option.
- Unlink the USB cable. Subsequently, restart the computer
Attempt to print a sample document to check whether the problem has been resolved.If you come across the same issue, just give a call on our toll-free number to avail an instant solution.
Step 6: Analyze the network status
In case the printer is linked over a wired or wireless network, there are surplus tips and procedures which activate you to resolute your slow printing issues.
- Analyze the strength of the wireless signal in the computer, by picking the wireless connection icon from the Windows taskbar. In case the strength of the signal is not appreciable, you need to bring your router, system, and printer close to each other.
- If your printer is linked to the network using an Ethernet cable, make clear that the cable connections are kept secure.
- Restart the router by disconnecting it, hold on for 10 seconds, and activate the printer connection with the cable again.
Procedure to resolve the carriage jam
This document gives you a detailed explanation on how to rectify the carriage jam.
A carriage jam error normally occurs when the printer carriage cannot slide. Use the procedures in this manual to resolve the carriage error.
Solution 1: Restart the printer
Read and follow the prompts which were described below to reboot your printer again.
Step 1: Printer reboot
The carriage reset must be done after rebooting the printer.
- Press the power button it makes you to switch off the printer. Even if your printer is still in ON condition, disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- Stay calm for a minute.
- Re-plug the cable.
- Use the power button to turn on the HP Officejet printer.
Step 2: Take a print of Status Report of your printer
In general, the hardware functionality of your printer is analyzed by letting the printer to print a Printer Status Report.
- The feeder tray of the Printer should be filled with fresh sheets of paper.
- Initiate the printer control panel. Click the printer display and click on the Setup icon.
- Click on the Reports option, by sliding the display to the next screen.
- Click on the Printer Status Report option in order to print a report.
Solution two: Take away the stuck paper
The carriage block is resulted by the paper stuck on the slider. Use the prompts to get rid of paper jam from the printer.
Step 1: Empty the loose paper from the output tray
Follow the guides given below to empty the output tray.
- The plain white papers that lies in the input tray need to be removed.
- The output tray extender should be pulled out.
- Unlock the output tray to drag them towards you to take it out.
- Swipe the input tray out to its outermost position.
- Take away all the papers present inside the input tray.
- The stack of paper should be removed from the output rollers.
- With the help of the torch light inspect whether there are any pieces of paper remains inside the output tray. The frequent paper jam is the cause of paper that are getting torn inside and staying as pieces inside the printer.
- The paper tray should be pulled out, the output tray is placed and then place it back again.
Step 2: Take away the jammed paper from the input feeder tray
- Reiterate the same steps that are mentioned in the clear paper jams.
- The jammed paper should be taken away from the printer, and then mount the unused paper into the tray.
- The paper width guides are adjusted in such a way that it touch the paper, and then pull out the input tray to its place.
- The output tray should be replaced by pulling out the output tray onto the input tray.
If you are still encountering the problem while printing then proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Confirm that your paper path and the access area is free from the jammed paper.
Go along with the following procedures to remove any jammed paper from the paper path and cartridge access area inside the printer.
- Ensure that you power on the printer.
- The HP printer’s ink cartridge access door should be opened.
- The printer should be allowed to be in idle state for a while.
- The power cord from the posterior side of the printer should be taken away when your printer is on. Once it is done, the other end of the power cord should be disconnected from the power source.
- Ensure that you removed the USB cable which is connected to the printer’s rear position.
- The wedged paper from the tray should be taken out with the utmost care.
- Look for the paper path so that it can be removed.
- Replace the paper path cover until it fits well into its place.
- Shut the ink cartridge door.
- The power cord can be linked to the respective place as for how they are earlier.
- If you connect your printer using a USB or Ethernet cable, it should be detached.
- The printer can be switched on now.
Step 4: Position your Printer on a flat surface:
- Initially, the printer needs to be switched on and hold the power button for a while.
- The power cord is to be disconnected from the printer’s posterior position by keeping your printer ON, whereas the end of the power cord must be disconnected from the power supply.
- If you make use of a USB cable to activate a network connection, it must be detached.
- The printer should be moved to its right side in order to access its bottom.
- The hindrances which exist with your printer need to be removed.
- The printer should be rotated to its vertical position after inserting the input tray.
- You need to reconnect the cable’s one end to the electrical supply and another end to the printer’s posterior side.
- You need to plug the USB cable once again if you are using USB or Ethernet connection.
- Power on the printer now and allow it to experience a warm- up period.
- You are not allowed to do with the succeeding steps until you are not completed with the warm-up phase.
- Once you are done with the above procedure, allow your printer to take a print of a status report to examine its functionality.
Solution 3: Take out the damaged cartridges and re- install with a new cartridge
The carriage jam is the result of improper installation of cartridges. Ensure that the ink cartridges have been placed properly, go through the on- screen instructions if the older ink cartridge is to be removed and is replaced by a new cartridge. Once you are done with this, take a print of your Printer Status once again to confirm that the problem has been resolved.
Solution 4: Try to activate the connection with the printer directly into a wall outlet
Step 1: Establish the direct connection between the printer and a wall outlet
Enough power is needed for the proper gliding of the carriage. Here are the instructions that let you activate the direct connection and print a Status Report. Follow the succeeding steps if the problem has not been resolute.
Solution 5: Boot up the printer configuration
Restarting the printer will flash off all the configuration that you have done till the time of reset. On-screen prompts will be displayed while your printer is reset, and allow you to print a Printer Status Report.
If you still detect any issues, contact our technical experts to obtain the best solution and get your printer ready to print your document.