Wired Setup for Windows
It is essential to own an Ethernet cable so that the Internet connection can be established over a wired network for printer installation. In addition to this, you should download and complete the installation of the full featured printer from our website.
Step 1 : Check the requirements
Before you start the installation, confirm that your network router and the Ethernet cable are working properly.
- Confirm that you are ready with a network router, switch or hub with enough number of ports.
- Enable the connection on the router, switch, or hub if it was not done earlier.
- Own an Ethernet cable. You should make use of only an Ethernet cable and not a telephone cable.
Step 2 : Bind the computer to the active Internet connection
Track the instructions in this manual to start the connection between the printer and the network using an Ethernet cable.
- Detach the plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the rear side of the printer.
- It is necessary to attach one end of the Ethernet cable to available printer’s port whereas the other end should be linked to the available port on the network router, switch or hub.
Step 3 : Installation tips
You are instructed to download and install the recent printer driver on the Mac computer. To avail this, navigate to our website and make use of the instructions to complete it. You will be admonished to select the connection type, at that time go ahead with the Wired network option.
- Maintain your printer in the on state.
- The USB cable that is liked should be detached from the printer.
- Go to our website where you can tap on the Software and Downloads option and start to download the printer driver.
- When you are admonished to select a way to identify the printer model you are using, select it and then go ahead with the on- screen prompts. By doing so you will be directed to the downloads page.
- Choose the Download option that lies near to the full featured driver or go with Basic Drivers as an alternative option.
Wired Setup- System
It is obligate to choose the connection type. Once the connection type has been chosen, track the guidelines and know how to establish the wired connection between the printer and the computer.
Prep your printer to connect over a Wired (Ethernet) network
To establish a proper network connection on the printer over a Wired network, the primary thing you have to concentrate on is to own an Ethernet cable and make a firm connection between the computer and the printer.
Step 1 : Check the requirements
Primarily, make certain that the network router is in proper working condition, and then start the installation process.
- Affirm that the network router, switch, or hub is available with the required number of Ethernet ports.
- Make sure that the computer is linked to the router, switch or hub. If it was not done before, do the necessities.
- Use an authentic Ethernet cable only.
Step 2 : Bind the network to the network
Go through the steps provided in this document to link the printer to the network using an Ethernet cable.
- Power on the printer.
- Make the hind side of the printer free from all the plug or protective covers.
- Make sure you have connected one end of the Ethernet cable is connected to the printer port whereas the other end is connected to an accessible port on the network, router, switch, or hub.
Step 3 : Download, run the software
Avail the recent updates for the printer driver for Mac computers from our website. When instructed, the connection type should be set as Wired network.
- This is the time to power up the printer.
- If you used a USB cable before to connect the printer to the computer, it should be taken off now.
- Revert to the customer care support page to avail Software and Driver downloads.
- Find a way to select the printer model of your printer, and then follow the on- screen prompts to navigate to the download page.
- Click either Download option that is present next to HP Easy Start or succeeded by the full feature driver, on the basis of the options that get screened.
- Now the downloads folder is opened. Initiate the installation process by tapping the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file.
- Prep your printer by using the instructions in this manual and start the installation process.
- It is necessary to tap on the Add Printer option to create a queue on the Mac, if instructed.
- You are directed to choose the printer name which is followed by tapping the Use or Print Using option in the exhibited menu. Go and search for the printer name and then press the Add option.
- Reverting to the HP installer let you finish the installation process.
USB Printer Setup for Windows
Take a look at the instructions in this document and acquire knowledge on how to connect the printer using a USB connection. Ratify that the computer you are using is successfully installed with the complete featured HP printer driver, in order to experience all the supported features from a USB cable connected to the driver.
Step 1 : Assemble the required items at the time of printer setup
Ratify that you have all the required items before initiating the setup process.
- Step 1 : You must contain the below-mentioned stuff to initiate the setup procedure.
- Step 2 : Power up the printer and prep your Officejet for the installation.
- Step 3 : You must use a cable whose length is not more than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length to connect the printer to the computer.
- Step 4 : There is the possibility for the error to occur if it is not connected to electrical wall outlet.
- Step 5 : It is mandatory to disconnect all the cables, which you used before and follow the prompts.
- Step 6 : The cable should not be connected to the printer unless you are instructed to do so.
- Step 7 : Go to the Windows search tab, key in the devices in the respective fields, and then choose the Devices and Printers control panel settings from the current list.
- Step 8 : Do right- click on the printer icon to eliminate the devices that are already linked to the computer. Subsequently, go along with Remove Device option.
- Step 9 : Rest of the printers excluding the Officejet pro printer should be removed.
- Step 10 : Go ahead with the successive steps when the Devices and Printers window has been shut down.
Step 2: installing once the download has been completed
It is mandatory to install the latest version of the printer driver on your computer for the effective functions.
- Search for the updated version and proceed with the prompts to finish the installation process.
- On the basis of the printer model you are handling, the computer starts downloading the Easy Start app.
- If HP East Start downloads successfully, check the instructions provided to access the downloaded file and start the primary preparations needed to be done. The connection type should be configured as USB at the time of the prompts.
If the configuration of the printer is completed successfully, you can stop the further troubleshooting techniques provided.
- Go with the further instructions in this manual if the download is unsuccessful.
- Allow your printer to print/ scan/ copy as your wish, when the installation gets over.
USB Setup for Mac
- Track the same instructions which are provided for the Windows computer.
- The installation screen is displayed. You are supposed to choose the HP Scan or HP Easy Scan when the printer possesses the scanner functionality. By choosing this option, the full scan functionality can be enabled.
- You will be demanded by the installer to choose Add Printer option to create a new queue on the Mac computers.
- The Add windows is screened. Subsequently, search for the printer name and then proceed to Use or Print Using option. Choose the printer name from the exhibited list, and then go with Add options.
- The installation process can be completed by navigating back to the HP installer.
- On the basis of the preference, allow your printer to print, scan or fax.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.