HP OJPro 8640 Unbox Printer Setup
Step 1 : Remove the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 printer from the box
- Remove the printer from the respective box, the tape and packing materials that are found outside or the printer, and the sticker that is found on the control panel display.
- Observe the slot on the left side of the printer. Pull it to get access to the ink cartridge access door.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Recycle the packing materials.
Step 2 : How to install the duplexer?
- Remove the duplexer out of its packing material.
- Move the printer such that the backside faces you.
- Grasp the duplexer through its sides with the rollers facing the printer, place it into the slot in the backside of the printer, and then slide the duplexer into the 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 printer till it gets into place.
- Tilt the printer in such a way that the front portion faces you.
Step 3 : How to install Tray 2? (if you are facilitated with it)
- Detach Tray 2 and the other materials in the box.
- Keep the tray on a flat, level area.
- Raise the printer, keep it over the top of the paper tray, and then keep the printer on the upper portion of the paper tray.
Step 4 : Link the power cord and then set your preferences
- Link the power cord to the backside of the printer. Later connect the other end of the power cord into an electrical provision.
- Switch on the printer.
- Tap your preferred language on the printer’s control panel, tap Continue to assert your choice.
- After choosing your specific country/region, tap Continue.
- Tap Date and Time, and then navigate up and down the display the month, day, and year.
- Tap Done.
Step 5 : Mount paper into Tray 1
- Hold the bottom of the Tray 1, and then pull out the tray.
- Touch the paper width guide tabs, and then slide out the paper width guides.
- Mount plain white paper in the tray. Ensure that the print side faces downwards and the short edge faces forward.
- If needed, push the paper width guides into its inner position.
- Push in the paper tray until it locks into place.
- Bring out the output tray extender and then lift the paper catch.
Step 6 : Insert paper into Tray 2 (if you have the facility)
- Hold tightly the bottom portion of Tray 2, and then pull it out.
- Pull out the paper width guides in an outward manner.
- Include a stack of plain white paper in the center portion of the tray. Confirm that the print side is facing downwards.
- Move the paper guides such that they are conveniently rested against the paper’s edges.
- Carefully re-mount the tray into the printer.
- Bring the output tray extender outward, and then lift the paper catch.
Step 7 : How to install the SETUP ink cartridges?
- Keep your fingers into the slot which is available on the left side of the 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 printer. Pull to access the ink cartridge door.
- Give time for the printer to be steady and noiseless.
- After detaching the ink cartridge, grasp its sides with the nozzles facing towards the printer. Place the ink cartridge into its respective slot, and eventually push the ink cartridge in the forward position until it falls into place.
- Do these steps for installing all the other new ink cartridges.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Give time for the printer to align the respective ink cartridges.
Step 8 : How to install the printer software?
Download the updated version of the printing software from our site.
Step 9 : How to set up the printer for fax?
- Set up the respective printer.
- Recognize the type of telephone you utilize. As per your country/region, you make use of a serial or parallel telephone system.
- Set up the respective fax. Choose your phone system to set up your given 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 printer to send and receive faxes.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint Setup
Verify HP ePrint setup requirements
Prior to configuring the printer for HP ePrint, ensure that the printer meets the following requirements. In case the printer does not meet the requirement, then your 123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 printer cannot use HP ePrint.
Enable the Web Services
Enable the Web Services from the printer’s control panel or the Embedded Web Server (EWS). It allows the printer to communicate securely with web-connected printing services, like HP ePrint.
- After switching on the printer, and after it is idle and noiseless, detach the power cord from the back of the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 printer.
- Remove the power cord from the wall provision.
- Halt for at least 60 seconds.
- Connect the power cord again into the wall premise.
- Re-link the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Ensure that the printer is switched on.
- Give time for the warm-up period. Attempt to print. If the problem continues, go to the next step.
- After switching on the printer, give it time until it is noiseless.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer’s back.
- Detach the power cord from the wall provision.
- Stop for at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord into the wall provision. Relink the power cord to the printer’s back side.
- After ensuring that the printer is on, give time for the warm-up period. Also, ensure that the printer is stable. Now attempt printing. If you find the issue again, go to the next step.
Extra Blank Page Prints
- Switch on the printer.
- In case the printer is attached to the computer by means of a USB cable, detach the cable from the printer.
- Visit our site-Software and Driver Downloads.
- If asked for, choose a method to detect your 123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 printer model, and then carry out the on-screen instructions to navigate to the download page.
- Tap Firmware and then tap Download.
- Make use of the HP Download and Install Assistant for a directed firmware and installation or choose Download only to open the driver by yourself or run the file by means of your Internet browser’s download tools.
(To know more about maintaining the ink cartridges of your 123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 printer and rectify the issue totally click on) Read More…
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123 HP Officejet Pro 8640