Printing photos with Windows Photo Viewer
Step 1 : Position the photo paper in the 123 HP Officejet 6600 photo tray
- Power on the printer.
- Insert the paper into the input tray towards you to open it as far as possible.
- Glide the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Mount the photo paper with the short edge forward and the print side downward into the photo tray.
- Move the paper forward until it stops.
- Glide the paper width guides inside so that they place against the edges of the photo paper and ratify that the photo paper is centered in the tray.
- Make sure that you reinstall the output tray on the input tray, if you removed it, and then push the input tray into the 123 HP oj6600printer until it fixes into the proper place.
Step 2 : Adjust the print settings, and then print the photo
- Employ the Windows Photo Viewer to set up the print job and to verify that the paper in the photo paper input tray is used.
- Right-click the photo that you prefer to print, and then choose Print, or select Open withWindows Photo viewer, and then click Print.
- From the drop-down list which is listed above the photo, pick your 123 HP oj6600 printer, paper size, and print quality. For the Paper type select HP Photo Papers and then select Options.
- On the Print Settings window, select Printer Properties.
- To avail borderless photos, click Printing Shortcut option, select Photo Printing-Borderless. And then choose the Paper/Quality option.
- On the Paper/Quality option, pick the Photo tray from the Paper Source drop-down list, and then choose Advanced.
- From the Advanced options window, select 10 * 15cm/4*6in. in the Paper Size drop-down list, and then select Ok.
- Click Ok from the Document Properties window.
- In the Print Pictures window, choose Print.
- Once you are done with the printing, take out the unused photo paper from the paper tray. Bending paper could reduce the quality of your printout.
- To avail detailed information, consult our technical experts to obtain the best solution instantly.
123 HP Officejet 6600 Scan to a system
You can scan a desired document or photo from the control panel to your system, ensure that the system is on, the full feature printer driver is installed, and the printer is connected to the system through a USB cable or over your local wireless network.
Step 1 : Mount the photo or document
- Scan a document or photo from the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document Feeder tray.
- Turn on your 123 HP Officejet 6600 printer.
- Insert the image or document.
- Scanner glass: Mount the material with the print side down on the scanner glass, and then insert it according to the guides around the glass. Shut down the scanner lid.
- Using ADF: Insert the file into the document feeder tray. The print side faces upward and the top edge goes into the tray first. Adjust the width guides to place the file.
Step 2 : Scan the file
- Scan the essential photo or document and send it to a folder on the system.
- From the control panel of the 123 hp oj 6600 printer, select the Scan option.
- Select Computer to scan to the connected system.
- Pick your computer that you want to save the scanned document.
- Select Scan Shortcut, and then click a shortcut that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning.
Scan to a memory device
Scan your document or image and save it on a memory device.
Step 1 : Mount the photo or document
- Scan from the scanner glass or from the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) tray.
- Power on the 123 hp oj 6600 printer.
- Place the required photo or document.
- Scanner glass : Insert the document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then place it based on the guides around the scanner glass. Finally, shut down the scanner lid.
- Automatic Document Feeder : Position the file into the document feeder tray. The print side faces upward and the top edge goes into the tray first. Modify the width guides to place the file in a correct position.
Step 2 : Scan the required documents
- Pick the memory device, and then scan from the control panel of your 123 HP Officejet 6600 printer.
- Place the memory device into the printer, On the printer’s control panel, select the Scan icon.
- Choose Memory device.
- Pick your File type and Resolution.
- Click Start Scan to scan the document.
HP Officejet fax setup
This manual guides you on how to setup your HP Officejet 6600 printer to fax.
Step 1 : Fulfill the requisites
- Ensure that all the requirements have been met prior to configuring your 123 hp oj 6600 printer to fax .
- An active telephone landline.
- Install the ink cartridges on the printer.
- Place new white paper in the input tray.
- Avail the telephone cord and adapter (if offered) that came in along with the printer box.
Step 2 : Fax setup on the printer
- Connect the telephone cord and modify the ring settings from the control panel of your 123.hp.com/oj6600 printer.
- Setup the ring settings from the printer control panel after connecting a telephone cord. Use the instructions below to configure the fax on your printer.
- Disconnect any telephone devices from the phone jack where your particular printer is connected to.
- Unlink the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- Take off the answering machine power cord from the phone jack, and connect it to the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s rear side.
- If any other phone cord is used instead of the one which came along with the printer to link the printer, the fax job might not be successful.
- Access the control panel of the printer, swipe the display to the left to choose Setup ().
- Scroll the display up, select Fax Setup Setup Wizard and then follow the guidance to setup the 123 HP Officejet 6600 printer for faxing.
Step 3 : Setup the basic fax settings
Modify the default settings based on your requirements. Employ the instructions below to alter few settings.
Include contacts to your phonebook
- Use the guides below to add a new contact to the phone book.
- Open the 123 HP Officejet 6600 printer control panel and then select Fax Send Now.
- Choose the Phone Book icon.
- Move to the Phone Book Contact icon ()plus sign to add a contact.
- Click Name, index the name and then click on Done option.
- Select Fax Number, and then enter the fax number of the contact, choose Done.
- Click Add.
Organize the dial type
- Ratify that the dial type setting on your phone suits the type of dialing used in the phone settings. The print cannot call other fax systems in case the dial type does not support.
- Access your 123.hp.com/oj6600 printer control panel, slide the screen to the left and select Setup.
- Click on the next screen, and select Fax Setup Preferences.
- Slide on the display, click Dial Type.
- Tap Tone or Pulse.
Setup the fax speed
- The fax speed can be set up to slow, medium, or fast based on the requirement. The fax failure can be reduced if the speed is set to slow, but the fax job needs quite longer time to complete.
- Swipe your display to the left on the control panel and then click Setup.
- Scroll up to the display, choose Fax SetupPreferences.
- Slide to the display, and then click on Speed option.
- Select Slow, Medium, or Fast.
Setup the fax volume
- Configure the fax ringer volume to soft or loud, or turn off the volume.
- The fax ringing volume can be fixed to soft or loud, or mute it.
- Open the control panel, scroll the display on the left and click Setup.
- Select Fax Setup by sliding on the display, and then choose Preferences.
- Scroll up to the display, and then click on Fax Volume.
- Choose Soft, off or loud.
Configure the fax header
- The header is printed on the faxes you send.
- Look for the Setup on the 123.hp.com/oj6600 printer control panel.
- Select fax Setup PreferencesFax Header.
- Index your name or company name in the Enter your name column using the touch keypad and then click Done to save the changes.
- Once the numerical keypad is displayed, use it to enter fax number in the Enter fax number column and select Done to save changes.
Step 4 : Take a fax test
- Fax test should be carried out to ensure that the fax set is done correctly.
- Select Setup->Fax Setup-> Tools-> Test
- The fax test report prints successfully.
- Look a glance at the Fax Test Report.
- Suppose the report displays the 123 hp oj 6600 printer passed the test but the printer still has faxing issues, ensure the fax settings listed in the report to ratify that the settings are proper. Incorrect or blank settings can cause fax issues.
- If the report displays the 123 HP Officejet 6600 printer failed the test, view the report for more information about fixing the fax problems.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/oj6600