Wired Network Setup
Configure a network connected printer with an Ethernet cable by installing the printer driver on a Windows and Mac system.
Step 1: Prep for the printer driver installation and wired network connection
- Ratify that you have a network router, switch or hub with available Ethernet ports.
- Ratify that your computer is connected to the router, switch or hub, in case it is not already connected.
- Avail an Ethernet cable. Do not use a Standard telephone cable.
Step 2: Fix the printer to the network
- Switch on the printer.
- Take out the cable or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the printer port, and then connect the remaining end of the Ethernet cable to an available port on the network router, switch or hub.
Step 3: Procedure for software installation
Ratify that you install the printer driver to complete the network printer setup.
- Visit our website, enter your printer model, and then make use of the guides to download the driver. Based on the printer model, the guided driver installation application- HP Easy Start might download.
- In case the printer driver or HP Easy Start downloads, use the instructions to access the downloaded file to begin the setup. When it is instructed to choose a connection type, select Wired Network.
- In case the download fails or the printer is not listed, follow the procedures to setup a driver from our website.
- Go to our website and then tap on Software and Driver Downloads option, index your printer model if it is urged, and then confirm that the operating system version selected is proper.
- Windows: Under Driver-Printer Installation Software, tap Download next to the full feature printer driver, and then follow the instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant, or click Download only to save and then activate the printer driver file from your computer.
- Mac device: Under Driver Printer Installation Software, select Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature printer driver, depends on the option that displays, and then access the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder to commence the installation process.
- Windows: When it is promoted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, click Wired Network to continue with and complete the configuration.
- Windows: Try to Print, Scan or Fax, based on the printer functionality.
- Mac: When it is urged by the installer, click on Add Printer option to generate a print queue on the Mac device.
The Add window gets screened.
- Pick the name of the printer, tap on Use or Print Using menu. Choose the name of the printer in the pop-up menu, and then select Add..
- Get back to the installer to complete the installation.
For more details, ring us on our toll-free number to resolve your issues and queries.
Step 1: Reboot the system, printer and the router
- Disconnect the power cord from the router.
- Power off the printer and the system.
- Reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet (activity) light to display a normal connection status.
- Turn on the computer and the printer.
- Try to install the HP printer driver and software again.
Step 2: Ensure the network and printer connection status
Verify that your network is working correctly and that your printer is ready for the network configuration.
- Confirm that the printer is ready for the network configuration.
- In case you employ Wireless connection: Access the Wireless network or Settings menu on the printer to ratify that the wireless signal is turned on. Verify that the light next to the Wireless icon is either on and stable, or flashing.
- If you employ Wired Connection: Ensure that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port and to an available port on the router. The green (link) light should be idle, and the orange (activity) light should flicker when the cable is linked.
- Verify that the printer is not linked to a guest or host network.
- If you have a double band router, ensure that it is set to the 2.4 GHz band. If the router is set to the 5 GHz band, your printer cannot connect to the network.
- From your computer, you can easily view your network name and the password in the notification area.
- Try to configure the printer driver and software again.
Step 3: Link the printer to the network manually
Try to link the printer to the network manually so that the HP installer can recognize the printer. Make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard in case you have a touch or text-based control panel or try out with Wi-Fi Protected Setup. After completing the connection setup, try installing the HP printer driver and software again.
Step 4: Enable the HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor is used to detect and solve printing and scanning issues. Enable HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform different troubleshooting procedures to resolve an issue.
- Access the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, and then click on Start option on the welcome screen.
- In case the printer is not mentioned in the list, verify that the printer is switched on and connected or choose My printer is not listed, and then select the Retry option.
- Pick your printer, and then select Next.
- If the connection issue is found, pick the method being used to link your printer, make use of the guides on the screen, and then click Retry.
Step 5: Disable the firewall software on the system temporarily
- Go back to the Print and Scan Doctor window, and then choose Network.
- In the drop-down list, select Troubleshooting Firewalls.
- Select the name of any firewall software on your computer that has an Enabled status, and then click Disable.
- Try to install the printer driver and software again.
Step 6: Uninstall the Printer driver and software
- If the printer connects to your computer with a USB cable, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Find Programs and Features under Windows, and then choose Programs and Features in the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, choose your printer name, and then click Uninstall or Yes.
- Make use of the instructions, to complete the software removal.
- Boot up the computer.
Step 7: Reinstallation of the HP software
- Turn on your printer.
- In case your printer is connected to the computer through a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Visit our website and then click Software and Driver Downloads.
- Select the Download option which is next to the full feature driver, or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.