Printing the required documents
Make an attempt to print the desired documents or images from Windows system and modify the related print job settings.
Printing your desired document
- Before printing the documents, alter the documents to modify the text font and size, tap on the layout option, and also change the appearance settings.
- Tap on the File option, and then go ahead with Print to access the general print settings from the application where you created the document.
- Select Printer Properties, Properties or Preferences to look at more layout options, quality, and advanced print settings.
- The Printing Preferences or Document Properties window gets screened.
- Modify the following layout and paper settings for the print job. Menu names and the available settings differ by your printer.
Portrait or Landscape orientation
Tap on Portrait to print vertically or Landscape to print horizontally. Go to the Orientation menu on the Layout, Finishing or Features option.
Paper tray or source
- You can choose the tray where you want to keep the paper if your printer has more than a tray.
- Go to the Source or Paper source menu on the paper or Quality or Feature option.
- Set the paper type you are using, like plain, brochure or the specialty types, for proper printer functionality.
- Tap on the Type, paper type or Media menu on the Paper or Quality or Features option.
- You are requested to choose the paper size which is placed on the printer, such as a letter or legal paper.
- Pick out the Size or Paper Size menu in the Advanced option or on the Features option.
- Liable to the printer model, you can print on either side of the paper, or set up the print job to manually swipe the pages.
- Tap on the Print on Both Sides option on the Layout, Finishing or Features option.
- The Printing Shortcuts option is inclusive of the print on both sides of the document option.
Use HP Scan and Capture Application to scan the materials
HP Scan and Capture, a free application which is available for Windows 8 and 10 from Microsoft Store lets you scan documents and images from your HP printer.
Setup, Scan with HP Scan and Capture
Go to Microsoft Store, install the HP Scan and Capture app appropriate to the versions of Windows on your computer.
- Step 1 : Switch on the printer.
- Step 2 : Locate the file which is to be scanned on the scanner glass or in the ADF.
- Step 3 : Browse for the Scan and Capture option below Windows, and then go with HP Scan and Capture from the screened list of results.
- Step 4 : Select the menu icon, and then go with the Settings option.
- Step 5 : Click on Select Device, and then pick out the corresponding printer.
- Step 6 : You are supposed to choose the Document Scan Options or Photo Scan Options to change the settings and then click the back arrow.
- Step 7 : Click outside the Settings menu, followed by selecting the Capture Documents or Capture Photos.
- Step 8 : Click on the Save option after performing the necessary changes.
The Save As windows screens to save the file in the respective folder.
HP Scan Software to scan the documents
Commence the scan jobs from the computer, alter scan quality settings, and store them as PDF files and more. There lie two versions of HP Scan, liable to the printer model.
- Locate the file on the scanner glass or in the ADF, liable to the printer type and features.
- Discover the printer model.
- The printer model is screened, click on the printer name from the sorted result.
- Suppose the printer does not display, reach our website and tap on the Software and Driver Download option. Key in the printer model number in the respective fields. Below the Driver- Printer Installation software option, tap on the Download option which is seen adjacent to the full feature driver.
Suppose the full feature driver does not screen, the printer is not compatible with HP Scan software.
Choose the Scan a Document or Photo option.
HP Scan screens
- Step 1 : You are instructed to go along with any one of the shortcuts that suit the file type and the resulting action you favor.
- Step 2 : Alter any one of the shortcut default settings that are on the right side of the windows, if required.
- Step 3 : Select Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to key in any additional edits to the scan before saving it.
- Step 4 : Select the Advance Settings or More option to change the settings including the quality, color, and default scan folder location.
- Step 5 : Follow the further procedures after tapping the Scan option.
- Step 6 : The printer commences to scan the file, and then a pre- screen of the scan screens in HP Scan.
- Step 7 : If needed, do a double- tap on the thumbnail image of the scanned file, and then alter any required changes.
- Step 8 : Tap on the Save option.
- Step 9 : The Save as the window screens.
- Step 10 : You are needed to select the folder where you want the save the scans to, alter the File name if needed, ratify the file type in the Save as type menu, and then tap on the Save option.
- Step 11 : Take a look at the scans by accessing the folder where the scans have been saved, and then double- click the file.
Copy the documents
Your printer lets you have the required number of copies of the printed documents and images.
Step 1 : Mounting the original document or images
The original document should be inserted in the Automatic Document Feeder tray or on the scanner glass. Use the scanner to copy the original images or to provide two- sided copies.
- Power on the printer.
- Locate the original document or images:
- Using Automatic Document Feeder : Place the document into the document feeder tray with the print side facing upward and such that the top edge goes into the tray firstly. Alter the width guides to fit the documents. The control panel screens the originally loaded documents.
- Use the scanner glass : The original document should be placed in such a way that the print side faces down on the scanner glass, keep it liable to the etched guides around the glass, and then close the scanner lid.
Step 2: Directives to Copy the document or images
Use the Copy menu on the printer’s control panel to select the copy settings and then commence the copy job.
- Step 1 : Go to the printer’s control panel to choose the Copy option.
- Step 2 : Tap on Document, ID Card or Photo.
- Step 3 : Decide how many numbers of copies are to be taken.
- Step 4 : Below the Tray Selection option, select the tray and paper size.
- Step 5 : Below the two- sided option, select either one or two- sided copying.
- Step 6 : Tap Touch to Preview, and then tap the preview to make changes to the photos, from the Edit Screen, you can crop, resize and alter the contrast of the copy.
- Step 7 : Tapping the Done option lets you revert to the copy screen.
- Step 8 : Tap on the Settings option, and then denote the desired advanced copy settings.
- Step 9 : Tap on Lighter or Darker, slide the button to select the darkness level and then go with Done.
- Step 10 : Tap on Quality to specify the quality level. Draft option lets you copy the documents with less ink, whereas Normal provides you standard copy quality.
- Step 11 : Resize: Tap on Resize-> Preset. Tap on the Custom option, key in the value between 25 and 400 percent to reduce or increase the copy. Subsequently, tap Done.
- Step 12 : Tap on Enhancements to choose Print or Photo- specific settings.
- Step 13 : Tap on Binding Margin, and then click On to render pages with margin lifted to left side of the page.
- Step 14 : Save advanced settings: tap on Save Current Setting to regain the advanced settings after performing the copy job, and then go with Save.
- Step 15 : Get back to the copy screen by tapping the Back option.
- Step 16 : Press Start Black, Start Color or Start Copy to commence the copy job.
Fax is a feature which allows you to send and receive the documents easily and fast via a landline connection. Faxing is aided with a dedicated landline instead of an Internet connection. It is more secure than email as such. Trail the instructions to setup the printer to fax, send and receive the faxes, track and troubleshoot the fax issues.
Setup your printer for faxing
The telephone cord should be linked to the printer. Once it is done, track the instructions to configure the fax connection.
Step 1 : Prerequisites which are to be satisfied
Before you configure the fax service, make certain that you have completed the below-mentioned tasks:
- Own an active telephone landline.
- Configure the ink cartridge.
- Mount plain, and unused paper into the input tray.
- Use a two- wired telephone cord and an adapter that comes with the printer.
Step 2 : Make arrangements for the fax connection
Insert the telephone cord, setup the fax connection, and then select the fax settings from the printer’s control panel. These instructions let you know how to setup the faxing for a phone system with the help of a phone system which has a voice or fax line and a telephone answering machine.
- Remove any telephone devices from the phone jack which the printer is connected to.
- Remove the plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer.
- Disable the answering machine phone cord from the phone jack, and then connect it to the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel to select the Fax option-> Fax Setup and then go with Preference.
- Slide down the display, and then go with Rings to Answer.
- Pick out the number that is two rings more than your answering machine setting proceeded by the Done option.
- Swipe down the display, and then make certain that Auto Answer is set to On. If Auto Answer is off, turn on it.
Step 3 : Pick out your basic fax settings
Sending and receiving of fax can be performed by configuring the printer with general fax settings.
Fix the dial type
The dial type settings on the phone must match the type of dialing used in the phone settings. Suppose the dial type does not match, the other fax systems cannot be called by the printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, tap on the Fax option and then go with the Setup option.
- Tap on the Preference option.
- Slide down to choose the Dial Type option.
- Tap on Tone or Pulse.
Fix the fax speed
Alter the fax speed to boost up the communication speed between the printer and other fax machines.
- Go to the printer’s control panel to select Fax-> Setup option.
- Tap on the Preferences option.
- Scroll up on the display to fix Speed.
- Tap on the Slow, Medium or fast, liable to the preference you have chosen.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.