Printer not recognized during Network Driver Setup
With the aid of the instructions provided you can setup the printer for a Wi- Fi or Wired network connection. If the installer could not recognize the printer after choosing the connection type, you might get any one of the below- noted error:
- Printer not discovered.
- Unable to search your printer
- Devices not found
- The printer could not be discovered on the wireless network
Step 1 : Boot up the entire hardware
- Remove the power cord from the router.
- Switch off the printer and the system you are using.
- Re- plug the power cord to the printer. Subsequently, pause for a while until the Internet activity light glows mentioning the normal connection status.
- Power off the printer and the system.
- Trail to install the HP printer driver and software once again.
Step 2 : Monitor the network and printer connection status
Make clear that the network you are using is functioning properly and the printer is all set for the network configuration.
- Make clear that the printer is all set to initiate the network configuration: you are furnished with the prompts to be followed for both the Wired and Wireless connection.
- Make clear that the printer is not in connection with the guest or host network.
- If you own a double band router, make clear that 2.4 GHz band is setup. If the router is in connection with the 5 GHz band, the printer cannot be conencted to the network.
- Switch on the system, check the network name and the password in the notification area.
- Trail to install the HP printer driver and software again.
Step 3 : Trail to connect the printer manually to the network
Trail to link the printer to the network manually so that the HP installer can detect the printer. Employ Wireless Setup Wizard if you have touch or text- based control panel or try with Wi- Fi Protected Setup. Do the requirements, subsequently try to install the HP printer driver and software again.
Step 4 : Enable the HP Print and Scan Doctor
Print and Scan Doctor aids you to discover and confirm the printing and scanning issues. Enable HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically carry out various troubleshooting techniques to resolute the issues.
- Visit the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, and then go with Start on the welcome screen.
- If the printer is not exhibited in the list, make clear that the printer is powered up and link or choose My printer is not listed, and then go with Retry.
- Pick out the printer and then go with Next.
- If the connection issue is faced, pick out the method to connect the printer, trail the instructions on the screen, and tap the Retry option.
Step 5 : Deactivate the firewall software on the system temporarily
- Revert to the Print and Scan Doctor window, and then tap Network.
- From the drop- down menu, choose the Troubleshooting Firewalls option.
- Select the Firewall which has been enabled, and then touch the Disable option.
- Trail to install the printer driver and software again.
Step 6 : Uninstall directives for HP Printer driver and software
- If the printer is connected with the aid of USB cable, remove the cable from the printer.
- Browse for the Windows for Programs and Features and then for Programs and Features in the exhibited list.
- Under the list of the installed program, pick out your printer name and then touch the Uninstall option.
- Trial the instructions to finish the software removal.
- Boot up the entire print system.
Step 7 : HP software and printer driver reinstallation measures
- Power on the HP Officejet pro 8100 printer.
- If you have connected the printer to the computer with the aid of the USB cable, kindly de-link the connection.
- Direct to our website to avail Software and Driver Downloads.
- Touch the Download option that is located next to the full feature driver, or go with the Basic Drivers for the rest of driver options.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.