Printing using Wi-Fi Direct
Attain a direct wireless connection to the printer using Wi-Fi Direct that permits you to print without a local network or linking to the Internet. By enabling the Wi-Fi Direct on the printer, you may print documents or photos from Wi-Fi capable system and mobile devices.
Print from an Android mobile device that assists Wi-Fi Direct
Turn on Wi-Fi Direct from the printer and Wi-Fi on the supported Android mobile device, choose Direct-xx-HP [your printer model name] from the list of available printers.
- Install the updated version of the HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service on the Android mobile device. Download the plugin from the Google Play Store or additional Android app provider, depends on your region.
- Enable Wi-Fi Direct in the printer.
- From the printer’s display, press Wi-Fi Direct icon to screen the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- For printer without a display, tap on the Information option to print a report that provides you the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- If the printer does not contain an Information button, click on the Resume button for 2 seconds to print a report that provides you the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- If the option screens, choose Automatic to print without a password or pick Manual to inspect the print job from the printer or to get a password.
- From the Android mobile device, choose Settings Wi-Fi and inspect whether it is set to On.
- Access the document or images that you need to print from, and then pick Print from the app menu. Or else make use of the Share option from an app to send the essential content to the print plugin.
- Ratify that DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model number] screens as the printer on the print settings screen. If a dissimilar printer name screens, choose the name to screen a list of available printer and then pick DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model number].
- Choose the Print option.
This document helps you on how to setup your printer to fax.
Step 1 : Meet all the requisites
Make sure that all the requirements have been satisfied prior to arranging your printer to fax.
- Attain an active telephone landline.
- Mount the ink cartridges on the printer.
- Install the fresh paper in the printer’s input feeder tray.
- Get the telephone cord and adapter that came with the printer box.
Step 2 : Organize a fax on your printer
Obtain the telephone cord and modify the ring settings from the printer’s control panel.
Set the ring settings from the control panel of the printer next to connecting a telephone cord. Make use of the instructions below to configure the fax on the printer.
- Detach any telephone devices from the phone jack that the corresponding printer is linked to.
- Unplug the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer’s hind side.
- Hold the replying machine power cord from the phone jack and connect it to the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- If any other phone cord is employed in its place rather than the one which came along with the printer to connect the printer, the fax job may be fruitless.
- Access the control panel of the printer, scroll the display to the left to pick Setup.
- Swipe the display up, choose Fax Setup Setup Wizard and then trail the instructions to set up the printer for faxing.
Step 3 : Procedure to setup for the basic fax settings
Modify the default settings based on the necessity. Employ the instructions below to alter a few settings.
Include the contacts to phonebook
Make use of the instructions below to include a new contact to the phone book.
- Access the printer control panel and then pick Fax Send Now.
- Tap on the Phone Book icon.
- Direct to the Phone Book Contact icon Plus Sign to include a contact.
- Choose Name, index the name and then select Done.
- Select Fax Number and then index the fax number of the contact, choose Done.
- Select Add.
Step 4: Perform a fax test
- Do a Fax test to make certain that the fax configuration is done appropriately.
- Select Setup Fax Setup Tools Test.
- The fax sample report prints fruitfully.
- Have a glance at the Fax Test Report.
- If the report screens that the printer passed the test but the printer still faces faxing issue, make certain that the fax settings listed in the report to inspect whether they are correct.
- Inappropriate or blank settings may raise the fax issues.
- If the report displays that the printer has failed the test, employ the report for more details about repairing the fax issue.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.