Wireless Printer Setup
Customizing the wireless network with windows
Step 1: Make arrangement for installation of software
- Gather the below items:
Network name, Security passphrase, a computer that is arranged to the wireless network, Internet access, wireless- capable printer, a USB cable.
- Affirm that all are switched on – printer & computer, and also the computer and printer is connected to the same wireless network.Detach any USB cable that is joined to the printer.
- If you have before installed the software for a USB connection and now decide to swap to wireless network connection, trial the below steps:
- Search for the folder in your option of installed software programs, printer Assistant software shows.
- Select the Utilities option, and then click on Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Pick out Convert a USB linked printer to wireless or Connect a new printer.
- Trail the prompts to complete installing the software.
Step 2: Link to the wireless network—windows & mac
- Use the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Tap on the wireless icon and wireless summary screen exhibits.
- Tap the Settings icon, and then on Wireless Settings.
- Tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard option, and trail the prompts on the control panel to join the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3: Install the printer software for windows & mac
- Switch on the HP Envy 5535 printer.
- If your printer is attached to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- If instructed, go with a method to find your printer model, and then trail the on-screen instructions to move to the download page.
Setting up the printer for a wireless network with Mac
Step 1: Make arrangement for installation
- Affirm that you have the following requirements before you begin:
Network name, WEP key or WPA security passphrase, computer that is connected to the wireless network, Internet access, wireless-capable printer. A USB cable, Administrator privileges or password
- Make sure the product, access point, and computer are all kept on, and that the computer is linked to the wireless network.
- Join the USB Cable to the back port and to any USB port on the computer.
- Close down all applications that currently running on your computer.
USB Printer Setup (Windows & Mac)
Step 1: Make for the printer setup
- Check the following necessities and items before you proceed:
- The HP Envy 5535 printer is switched on.
- Get a USB cable not less than 9 ft 10in length.
- There is an existing USB port on your computer.
- If you have joined the USB cable to the computer before installing the HP driver, proceed with these steps to eliminate the printer from the installed devices to help ensure efficacious setup. Or else skip to the next step to install the driver.
- Detach the printer USB cable from the computer. At the time of the installation, driver installation process do not reconnect the cable.
- Search for Windows for ‘devices’ in the options.
- Right-tap your printer icon, and then tap on the Remove device option.
- Shut down the Devices and Printers window, and then move to the next step.
Step 2: Place the driver and fix the connection
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, tap on the Download option, trial the instructions displayed onscreen to use or tap on the Download only option from your computer.
- When instructed by the installer to pick a printer option, go with USB to finish the setup.
USB Printer Setup (Mac)
Step 1 is same as such given in the USB Printer Setup for Windows. Once you are done follow the succeeding steps.
- On the Install screen, affirm that the Scan or Easy Scan option is select.
- Tap on the Add Printer option on the Mac when driven by the installer.
- Tap on the model number of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, and tap on the printer model -> Add.
Printing with Mopria Print Service for Android device
Step 1: Cross check the necessities:
- The printer hardware is installed.
- The printer is connected to a wireless or wired network with an active Internet connection.
- The Android device & printer is connected to the same wireless network.
- The printer and the Android device should be kept near to the access point (router), but not closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at better distances.
Step 2: Download and enable the Mopria Print Service plugin
- On your Android device, you should download Mopria print service plugin app from Google Play Store.
- Once the installation or update is properly done, select a method to enable the Mopria Print Service plugin:
If this is the first time you connected the Mopria Print Service plugin, press down the home screen to view the notification dashboard, and then search for Mopria Print Service and tap on install option. Select the Tap to enable Mopria Print Service plugin report.Go with Mopria Print Service, and then click On.
Step 3: Print the documents with the Mopria Print Service plugin
- Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon, and then click Print.
A print preview screen prompts.
- To print through a network, go ahead with your printer model name from the list of available printers.
- To print through Wi-Fi Direct, go ahead with the DIRECT option from the list of sorted printers.
- Tap the down arrow to choose any print settings, and then tap on the Print icon.
Slow Printing (Windows)
Step 1: Re-do the necessary arrangements for printer
- Keep the printer on & remove the power cord from the printer’s back end.Release the power cord from the wall socket and plug it back.
- Relink the power cord to the back of the printer and switch on the printer.
Step 3: Uninstall the currently occurring print driver
Uninstall a program option let you uninstall the printer driver and software. Uninstalling the print driver let you download the latest driver version.
- If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, detach the cable from the printer and look for windows for programs.Pick out the Programs and Features option from the search result.
- In the menu of installed programs, go with your HP printer name, then opt Uninstall or Yes.
- Trail the on-screen instructions to accomplish the software removal.
- Reboot the computer which operates with Windows operating system.
Step 2: Check the print driver settings
Verify the print driver settings. Selecting the particular paper types or printing in Best quality can relax print speeds. For great printing speeds, let the printer print in normal or draft paper quality.
- Search for Windows for printers, and select the Devices and printers options in the list.
- Double-tap the printer icon, customize the paper type as per the requirement.
- On the Paper type area, affirm that Plain Paper is chosen.
- On the Quality Settings area, affirm Draft or Normal are selected.
- Tap either OK or Apply to check the changes.
Step 4: Reinstall the updated print driver
Uninstall the currently existing printer driver from the computer. Subsequently come to our website to install the latest driver.
Step 5: Maintain the printer firmware up- to- date
- Affirm the printer is kept on and connected to the computer, and opt your OS if needed.
- Select Firmware-> Download.Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant-> Next, and then go with Install now.
- Search for the HP Printer Update window to check if your printer serial number exhibits.
- If the serial number is enlisted, tap on the printer serial number, and then go with Upgrade.
- If the serial number is enlisted but status is invalid, it is necessary to updated the firmware. Select Cancel.
- If the serial number is not listed and your printer is linking to a network connection, fix a USB cable, pause 20 seconds, and then select Refresh.
- When the update gets over, select OK.
- If you attach a USB cable for your networked printer, then eliminate the USB driver that was selected by Windows.
- Look for Windows for Devices and Printers, and then gain access to Device and Printers from the sorted options.
- Right-tap the USB printer device that corresponds your printer model, and select the Remove Device and reboot the printer option.
Step 6: Check the network status (wired and wireless connections only)
- On your computer, check the wireless signal strength by tapping the wireless connection icon in the Windows task bar. If the signal power is not so good, place the router, computer, and printer nearer
- Affirm there are no extra strains on your network, like downloading or streaming services. According to your bandwidth, these events can significantly mark print speed
- If the printer is linked to the network by means of an Ethernet cable, ensure the cable connections are secured properly
- Reboot your router, pause for 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.
These tips can help you to resolute issues with slow printing.
- If the printer is attached with a USB cable, try using different USB cable. Using long cable and the one which is incorrectly shielded can affect print speed.
- Some printer models let you print with only one cartridge mounted. Printing with only one cartridge causes sluggish print speed.
Slow Printing (Mac)
Step 1: Re- configuring the printer
- Switch the HP Envy 5535 printer on,Detach the power cord.
- Free the power cord from the wall socket. and Connect the power cord back into the wall socket.
- Re- attach the power cord to the back of the printer,switch on the printer.
Step 3: Eliminate the print driver
Eliminating the print driver permits you to mount the latest driver version.
- Tap on Finder in the Dock.
- In the menu bar, choose Go, select the Applications options.
- If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double tap to follow the on-screen commands to eliminate the software.
- Click and move the folder to the Trash button in the Dock.
- In the menu bar, select the Go option
- choose Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers and select the Go option.
- Reboot your Mac computer.
Step 2: Check through the print driver settings
Check through the print driver settings. Selecting various paper kinds or printing in Best or Maximum DPI quality leads to slow print speeds. Printing in Normal or Draft quality for fast print speeds.
- Open your Mac, search for the photo or document you want to print.
- Gain access to the photo or document you want to print, choose File, and then choose Print. For the Photos app, select the Print button and the print settings is screened.
- Affirm that your printer is nominated.
- Tap on the unnamed menu, pick out Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality, and then go with Normal or Draft from the Quality or Print Quality option or slider.
Step 4: Re- attempt to download the print driver
After removing the print driver, track the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest driver. Once the printer driver has been removed, trail the instructions to download and install the latest driver.
Step 5: Keep the printer firmware up to date
Your printer might have a firmware update that resolve the issue.
- Switch on the HP Envy 5535 printer and if it is connected with USB cable detach it.
- If instructed, pick out a method to identify your printer model, and then trail the on-screen commands to go to the download page.
- Select the Firmware option, and then go with Download option.
Step 6: Analyze the network status (wired and wireless connections only)
Affirm your network is working properly.
- If you are aiding a wireless router, analyze your router’s documentation or support site to ratify it collects the following necessities:
- Select the router band: Many routers can operates in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands. Ratify the 2.4 GHz router band is permitted and broadcasting.
- Bonjour support: Connecting with Bonjour is the ideal way to place the printer and support wireless printing.
- Analyze that the printer is ready for the network setup.
- Wireless network connection: On the printer, tap on the Wireless network or Settings menu to ratify the wireless signal is switched on. Ensure the Wireless icon light is either on and steady or irregular.
- Wired network connection: Ratify that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port and to an accessible port on the router. The green link light must be firm, and the orange activity light must flash when the cable is connected.
- Open the Mac, tap on the network icon in the menu bar to search for the network name and status of the connection.
- If the selected network is not owned by you, you must re- attach it to your own network to finish the printer setup.
- If the network signal strength is not satisfactory, locate the computer and printer nearer to the router, locate the devices away from large metal objects such as bookcases, and place away from devices that emit radio signals like microwaves and cordless phones.
These tips might help you resolve problems with slow printing.
- If the printer is attached to the computer using a USB cable, affirm the connection is firm.
- Some printer models allow you to print with only one cartridge mounted. Printing with only one cartridge causes leisure print speed.
‘Paper Jam’ Error
Step 1: Free the jammed paper from the printer
- Take out any loose paper from the output tray.
- Drag the output tray out.
- Grasp the output tray
- pull the output tray towards you to eliminate it.
- Pull out the input tray to its farthest position.
- Take out all paper from the input tray.
- Softly remove any blocked paper or bits of torn paper from the output rollers.
Step 2: Affirm the carriage can move easily
- Switch on the HP Envy 5535 printer.The carriage drags to the middle of the printer.
- With the printer switched on, take away the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Use a flashlight to verify if any paper or objects that may be limiting the carriage, then free off any paper or objects that you locate.
- Affirm the carriage can move effortlessly across the width of the printer.Shut down the ink cartridge access door.
- Re- attach the power cord to the back of the printer and switch on the HP Envy 5535 printer.
Step 3: Customize using automated tool
- Switch on the HP Envy 5535 printer and affirm the printer is mounted with plain paper.
- Go to the control panel of the printer, swipe the display to the left, and then click on the Setup option.
- Tap on the Printer Maintenance option, and then choose Clean Page Smears.
The printer clears the page smears.
- Let your printer expel the test page.
Step 4: Manually clear the paper feed rollers
- Gather the materials like, long, lint-free cotton swabs, a clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that does not come apart or leave fibers, distilled, filtered, or bottled water.
- Switch on the HP Envy 5535 printer and unlatch the ink cartridge access door.
- Look for the paper path cover, grasp the handle, and then higher it to remove.
- Slightly wet the swab with the water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the swab.
- Allow the rollers to dry fully.Change the paper path cover, and then shut down the ink cartridge access door.
- Switch the HP Envy 5535 printer onto its right side so you can obtain its underside. Ratify to hold the printer steadily.
- Drag in the input tray, and then switch the HP Envy 5535 printer over to the upright place.
- Slide the output tray back onto the input tray.
- Relink the power cord and USB or Ethernet cable to the printer’s back end, and then plug in the power cord to an electrical socket.
- Switch on the HP Envy 5535 printer.
Step 5: Re- configure the entire printer
- Switch the HP Envy printer on.
- Release the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Remove the power cord and pause for 60 seconds.
- Attach the power cord back into the wall socket.
Step 6: Examine the HP Envy 5535 printer
It is necessary to examine the printer after all the process have been performed.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.