ENVY 4512 PRINTER SETUP
Printing on both sides of the paper – Duplex printing for Windows
Setup you’re print job so that both sides of the pages are printed. Make use of the guides to alter the settings in the printer driver and turn the pages, based on the corresponding printer type.
- Protect the printer from the page ordering issues, mount sufficient blank paper into the input tray to finish your print job.
- Access the document that you want to print, choose File, and then select Print.
- Pick the printer name, and then click on Printer Properties or Preferences or Printer Setup option, based on what it displays.
- The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window gets displayed.
- If a Printing shortcut option is available, choose the Print on Both Sides or Two-Sided Printing option, if available.
- In case a Printing shortcut option is not available, click the Layout, Features or Finishing option, based on which option displays in the driver version.
- Look for Print on Both Sides or Two-sided printing option, and then select the binding or page flip option based on you prefer either a booklet or a tablet.
- Click Ok, and then select Print.
- Take out the printed first side pages from the output tray, and then arrange the pages.
- Position the printed first side pages into the main input tray. Positioning the paper depends on the input tray.
- Click Continue.
- The other side of the pages gets printed.
For more information, ring us on our toll-free number, our technical experts are here to help you.
Print on both sides of the paper – Duplex Printing for Mac device
Some of the printers include paper handling settings in the printer driver to duplex manually. This features requires printing one side of the page and then loading the pages into the paper input tray to print the other side. Follow the guides to set up the print job and to know to remount the pages according to the printer type and the print job.
- Configure the first side of the print job in the document print settings. Some settings are based on where the paper tray is on the printer.
- To prevent your printer from page ordering issues, insert sufficient blank paper into the input tray to complete the print job.
- Access the document that you want to print, choose File, and then select Print.
- In case of no settings display, click Show Details.
- Select your printer name in the Printer option.
- Choose Paper Handling from the unnamed menu.
- From the Pages to Print menu, choose Odd only.
- According to the printer type, pick one of the following settings from the Page Order menu:
- In case your printer has rear loading paper tray: Choose Automatic
- If your printer has Front loading paper tray: Choose Reverse
- Select Print.
- Once you are done with printing the entire document, take out the remaining unprinted paper from the input tray, and then follow the next procedure.
- To print the other side of the pages, remount the pages into the input tray, and then set the pages to print, in the document print settings. Reloading the pages and the settings is based on the printer input tray.
Scanning a photo
You can scan from the printer, confirm that the system has the printer software installed, place the material into the scanner, and then press the scan button on the front panel of the printer.
Step 1 : Mount the document or image
Scan the essential photo and document from the printer, and then save it on the computer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Mount the image or a document you want to scan.
- Employ the Scanner glass: Place the original file with the print side facing down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the engraved guides around the glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Employ Automatic Document Feeder: If your printer has an automatic document feeder tray, place the document on the document tray. The print side should face upward and the tp edge should go into the tray first. Alter the paper width guides to fix the document.
Step 2 : Scan your desired document or photo
You can easily scan your document or photo, and then save the scanned document using one of the following options.
- On the printer’s control panel, select Scan, and then pick the name of the computer that you want to save the scanned document.
- Select a scan option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning.
- Select Ok.
The printer scans the document or photo, and then it stores into the destination which is specified in the settings.
Copying document or images
Load the document in the Automatic Document Feeder tray or on the Scanner glass. Use the scanner glass to copy original image or to produce a two-sided copy.
- Power on your printer.
- Load the document or photo.
- Use Automatic Document Feeder : In case your printer has an automatic document feeder, place the document into the document feeder tray with the print side facing upward and the top edge moving into the tray first.
- Use Scanner glass : Place the document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, position it based on the engraved guides around the scanner glass, and then lock the scanner glass.
Step 2 : Procedure to copy the document or photo
After placing the original document, alter the copy settings such as paper size, paper type, and lightness or darkness level and then copy the photo or document.
- On the printer’s control panel, choose the Copy icon.
- Chose the required number of copies, or press the keypad icon, and then input a number.
- Select Settings, and then specify the required advanced copy settings.
- Two-sided : Choose On or off.
- If you choose on for the two-sided copy option from the scanner glass, confirm to load the second page on the scanner glass when it is instructed.
- Paper size and paper type : Ratify that the input tray is inserted with the correct paper size and paper type.
- Resize : Select the size of the photo or document that you want to copy.
- Actual : Generate a copy that is the same size as the original document. The margins of the copied image need to be attached.
- Fit to page : Establish a copy that is centered with the white border around the edges. The resized images are either elongated or reduced to fit the size of the selected output paper.
- The two-sided copy option does not work if the Fit to page option is selected.
- Custom : Expand the size of the image by selecting values greater than 100% or decrease the size of the image by selecting the values which are less than 100%.
- Lighter or darker : Swipe the button and then select the lightness or darkness level, and then select Ok.
- ID card Copy : make a copy of both sides of an ID card from the scanner glass.
- Select Back to navigate to the Copy screen.
- Select Start Black or Start Color to start the copy job.
- The printer prints the corresponding copy job.
Configure a New Fax
Step 1 : Prepare your printer for the Fax setup
Ratify that the hardware has been fully arranged before you connect the fax service.
Step 2 : Classify the type of telephone system you use
Based on the country or region, you have either a parallel or serial telephone system. The orders for fax setup may vary based on which one you have a parallel or serial phone system.
Step 3 : Setup the fax
Make use of the phone cord and any adapters that came along with the box with the printer to connect the printer to the phone jack. Or else, you may not be able to fax successfully.
Tap on the Plus sign and then follow the guides to setup the fax.
Step 4 : Fix the fax volume
Make use of the steps below to fix the volume of the fax ringer.
- Tap on the Home button from the control panel of the printer to access the main menu.
- Click on the Down arrow to choose fax, and then choose Ok.
- Tap on the Down arrow to pick Settings, and then click Ok.
- Choose the Down arrow to select Advanced settings, and then click Ok.
- Click the Down arrow to choose Ring Settings, and then select Ok.
- Touch the Down arrow to roll to Fax Sound Volume, and then click on the Ok option.
- Click on the Down Arrow to select Soft, Loud or Off and then click on the Ok option.
- Press the Home button to move to the main display.
Step 5 : Setup the fax header
On the printer’s control panel pick the following options
- Press the Home button to display the main menu.
- Choose the Down arrow to select Fax, and then click Ok.
- Touch the Down arrow to click Settings, and then select Ok.
- Click on Down Arrow to pick Fax Header, and then choose Ok.
- Index your name or company name in Enter name: field, and then click Ok.
- Enter your fax number in the Enter number: field, and then click Ok.
- Press the Home button to move to the main menu.
Step 6 : Setup a Fax test
- On the Home screen, click on the Down arrow to Fax, and then choose Ok.
- Touch the down arrow to move to Settings, and then click Ok.
- Click Advanced Settings, and then select Ok.
- Select Fax Reports, and click Ok.
- If it is required, press the down arrow to move to Fax Test Report, and then press Ok.
- Evaluate the report.
- In case the report specifies the printer cleared the test, then the printer is ready to send and receive the fax.
- In case the report specifies the printer was unsuccessful in the test, go through the report for detailed information about setting the issue.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.