Printing on either sides of the paper – Duplex printing for Windows
The printer should be set up in such a manner that it is ready to print either side of the printer. Read the guides to make changes to the settings in the printer driver and turn the pages, liable to the printer type.
- Step 1 : To save the printer from the page ordering issues, place sufficient blank paper into the input tray to finish your print job.
- Step 2 : Choose the document that you want to print, choose the File option, and then select the Print option.
- Step 3 : Pick out the printer name, and then tap on Printer Properties or Preferences or Printer Setup option, liable to the display.
- Step 4 : The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window exhibits.
- Step 5 : If a Printing shortcut option exists, choose Print on Both Sides or Two-Sided Printing, if present.
- Step 6 : In case a Printing shortcut option does not exist, click Layout, Features or Finishing, liable on which option gets displayed in the driver version.
- Step 7 : Browse for Print on Both Sides or Two-sided printing option, and then select binding or page flip liable to the option which is selected. It can be either a booklet or a tablet.
- Step 8 : Go with Ok, and then select Print.
- Step 9 : Remove the printed first side pages from the output tray, and then align the pages.
- Step 10 : Place the printed first side pages into the main input tray based on the type of the input tray.
- Step 11 : Click on the Continue option.
The other side of the pages gets printed successfully now.
Print on either side of the paper – Duplex Printing for Mac device
Some of the printers hold paper handling settings in the printer driver to duplex manually. This features needs printing one side of the page and then mounting the pages into the paper input tray to print the other side. Check and follow the guides to set up the print job and to know how to replace the pages according to the printer type and the print job.
- Step 1 : Setup the first side of the print job in the document print settings. Few settings are liable on the place where the paper tray has been placed.
- Step 2 : To safeguard your printer from page ordering issues, keep sufficient blank paper into the input tray to complete the print job.
- Step 3 : Choose the document whose print has to been taken that you want to print, choose the File option, and then go with Print.
- Step 4 : If the no settings display, go ahead with Show Details.
- Step 5 : Pick out the printer name in the Printer option.
- Step 6 : Select Paper Handling listed in the unnamed menu.
- Step 7 : Below the Pages to Print menu, choose Odd only.
- Step 8 : Based on the printer type, pick one of the following settings from the Page Order menu
- Step 9 : Suppose your printer has the provision to load the paper on the rear end: Choose Automatic
- Step 10 : Suppose your printer has the provision to load the paper on the front end: Choose Reverse.
- Step 11 : After printing the entire document, pull out the remaining unprinted paper that present in the input tray, and then follow the next procedure.
- Step 12 : To print on the second side, remount the pages into the input tray, and then set the pages to print. Remounting the pages and the settings are usually performed based on the printer input tray.
Scanning a photo
Get the scan of the document from the printer easily. This can be done only if the printer software is installed. Mount the material into the scanner, and then tap the scan button on the front panel of the printer.
Step 1: Locate the document or image properly
Take out the scans of the required photos and documents from the printer, and then save it on the computer.
- Turn on the printer by using the power button.
- Place the image or a document you want to scan.
- Scan the documents with the aid of the Scanner glass : keep the original file with the print side facing down on the scanner glass, and then adjust it according to the engraved guides around the glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Scan the documents with the aid of an Automatic Document Feeder : If ADF is provided in your printer, place the document on it. The print side should be placed in such a way that the printed side faces upward and the top edge goes into the tray first. Alter the paper width guides to fix the document.
Step 2 : Scan your desired document or photo with utmost care
Scanning the documents and the photos can be made simpler if you follow the instructions provided here.
- Access the printer’s control panel to select Scan, and then pick the name of the computer which you decide to take a scan.
- Select a scan option that suits to the document or photo you are scanning.
- Subsequently, select Ok.
The printer scans the document or photo, and it gets stored into the destination which is specified in the settings.
Step 1 : Copying document or images
Scanning can be done by inserting the document in in the Automatic Document Feeder tray or on the Scanner glass. With the aid of the scanner glass, you can copy original image or to produce a two-sided copy.
- Power up the HP Envy 4501 printer using the power button.
- Place the document or photo either on the Automatic Document Feeder or a scanner glass. Read the instructions and follow according to take a copy if the required document.
Step 2 : Remove the copy of document or photo
Put the original document, subsequently alter the copy settings such as paper size, paper type, and lightness or darkness level and then make an attempt to take a copy of the photo or document.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap on the Copy icon.
- Finalize the essential number of copies and then press the keypad icon->input a number.
- Select the Settings option, and then finalize the required advanced copy settings.
- Two-sided: Go with the On or off option.
- If you have activated the two-sided copy option from the scanner glass, make certain to keep the second page on the scanner glass when it is instructed.
- Paper size and paper type: Make certain that the input tray is inserted with the appropriate paper size and paper type.
- Resize: Finalize the size of the photo or document that you want to copy.
- Actual: Generate a copy which is of a same size as that of the original document. The margins of the copied image must be attached.
- Fit to page: Mount a copy that is centered with the white border around the edges. The altered sized images can be either elongated or reduced to fit the size of the selected output paper.
- The two-sided copy option does not operate if the Fit to page option is selected.
- Custom: Increase the size of the image by choosing the values greater than 100% or reduce the size of the image by choosing the values which are less than 100%.
- Lighter or darker: Move the button and then tap on the lightness or darkness level, and then tap on the Ok option.
- ID card Copy: Have a copy of both sides of an ID card from the scanner glass.
- Select on the Back option to direct to the Copy screen.
- Select on the Start Black or Start Color option to begin the copy job.
The printer starts to print the copy job.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.