HP Deskjet 3774 Printer Setup
How To Print A Document
- Adjust the font style, font size, layout and other settings before you print a document.
- If you are using Windows computer, open the document you wish to print and click on the File menu. Tap on the Print option.
- To customize the printer settings such as the type and size of paper, duplex printing, and orientation click on the Printer Properties option.
- Adjust the advanced settings such as the Quality and color. Once you are done customizing the settings, click on the Okay button and Print button to start printing.
- If you are using a Mac computer, open the document you wish to print and click on the File menu. Click the Print option. Printer settings window opens.
- Click on the Show Details option and select the name of your printer. Under the Presets menu, you can change a few settings such as the quality, color, and source.
- Customize the advanced settings such as the paper size, type of paper, and duplex printing according to your need. Click on the Print option to start printing.
How To Scan a Photo Or Document
- If you are using a Windows computer, place a document or photo on the scanner glass. Search for the name of your printer and open it. Click on Scan A Document or Photo.
- Adjust the settings such as the color, destination folder, and quality. Tap the Scan button and click on the Save icon to save the scanned document.
- To scan to email, open HP Printer Assistant and click on Scan a Document or Photo. Choose one of the email-related shortcuts and click on the Scan button and the Send button.
- If you are using a Mac computer, open the HP Scan application. Select the name of your printer under the Scanner menu. Open Presets option to edit settings.
- Tap the Scan option and Done button to complete scanning. Click on the Action button and choose Folder option. Select your destination folder and click Save.
- To scan to email, open the Image Capture application. Select your printer name and a preview window displays. Under the Scan To option, select Mail and click Scan.
How To Copy A Document Or Photo
- Turn on your 123.hp.com/dj3774 printer if it is turned off. Ensure that you have connected the printer directly to the wall outlet and not to any power surge.
- Open the input tray and extend the paper width guides to its outermost extension. Load a stack of plain white paper into it. Close the paper width guides back.
- Load a photo or document into the scanner with the print side up, the edge of the paper straight, and flush against the paper guide on the right side.
- To avoid or prevent paper jams, do not load originals that are too thick or bent in half. Do not load originals with staples or pins as it might damage the scanner.
- The scanner will pull in the original partially and the scan light brightens. If the scanner does not pull it, remove the original from the scanner and reload it.
- Tap on the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color to start the process. Increase the number of copies by pressing the button multiple times. The maximum is 9 copies.
123.hp.com/deskjet 3774 Troubleshooting
Color Or Black Ink Not Printing
- If your printer does not print color or black ink, ensure that you use genuine and compatible ink cartridges and toners.
- Check the estimated levels of ink and toner in your printer. Low ink level may affect the quality of printing. Replace the ink cartridge if the low ink level error displays.
- If you are using a Windows computer, search for the name of your printer on windows and click it. The estimated ink level displays on the HP Printer Assistant home screen.
- If you are using a Mac, tap on the Apple icon and open System Preferences window. Click on the Print & Scan option and select the name of your printer.
- In the Print and Scan window, click on the Options And Supplies button. Tap the Supply Levels option. The estimated ink level displays on the screen.
- If the ink levels are critically low, replace the ink cartridge on your printer. Switch on the printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
- The carriage slowly moves to the center of the printer. Wait for it to settle down. Open the ink cartridge slot’s lid and pull out the ink cartridge.
- Take the new ink cartridge and remove the packing tapes on it. With the nozzle of the ink cartridge facing the printer, push it in slowly into its slot. Align the ink cartridges.
- If the issue persists, clean the ink cartridges and replace the defective ones. Resort to servicing your printer if none of the above works.
Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup
- If your printer is not found during network driver setup try restarting your computer, router, and your HP Deskjet 3774 Printer Setup. Wait for them to settle down and re-install the software driver.
- Ensure the stability of network connection. Plug out and reconnect the cable from the router to printer. Make sure that you remove all the other USB cables.
- For wireless setup, on your printer’s control panel toggle to Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the prompted instructions to set up your printer to the wireless network.
- If you are using a Windows computer, run HP Print & Scan Doctor. If your printer is not listed, tap on the My Printer Is Not Listed and click Retry.
- Select the name of your printer and choose Next. If a connection problem is detected, diagnose it by following the on-screen commands.
- If the issue persists, tap on the Network menu on HP Print And Scan window. Click on the Troubleshooting Firewalls option and click Disable.
- If you are using Mac, open the System Preferences window. Tap on the Print & Scan button; right-click the empty space and choose Reset Printing System option.
- Click on the Reset option and enter the administrator name and password. Once the system resets, try installing the software driver on your computer.
- If the problem continues, uninstall the printer driver and software from your system. Remove all the documents related to it and re-install the software driver.
- Reset your HP Deskjet 3774 printer. Disconnect the power cord from the printer while the printer is on. Leave it for a while and plug it back in. Press the power button to switch on your printer.
- The printer will undergo a warm-up process. Wait for it complete the process and settle down. Try printing a sample page to check if the printer is working.
- If you are using a Windows computer, open the Devices and Printers window. Select your printer and click on Set Preferences option. Gather the paper type information.
- Ensure that you select Plain Paper under Paper Type option, Draft or Normal under Quality Settings and click on Ok or Apply to confirm changes.
- If you are using a Mac, open the document you wish to print and click on the File menu and choose Print option. Select the name of your printer and click Show Details.
- You will find an unnamed menu at the center of the window, click on it. Click on the Paper Type Quality and choose either Normal or Draft from the Print Quality menu.
- If the issue persists, remove or uninstall the printer software driver from your computer. Ensure that you take a backup before deleting the documents.
- Re-install the printer driver by downloading it from our website. Follow the prompted instructions to install the software driver on your computer.
- If the problem continues, update the printer firmware. Download the updated firmware from our website. Install the firmware and try printing.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP Deskjet 3774 Printer Setup related issues.HP Deskjet 3774