Setting up your printer Wirelessly on your Windows computer
Prepare your wireless- capable 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer over a wireless network to connect to your Windows computer.
Formulating your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer for installation
Before configuring the printer over your wireless network, know your network name and password. Ratify that the router, printer and the computer are powered up.
- Network Name- SSID, WEP or WPA secure passphrase and an active Internet connection.
- A computer with an active Internet connection.
- Check if all the devices are turned on and the printer and the computer are connected to a common network.
- Detach any USB or Ethernet cable that is linked at the rear side of the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer.
Activate connection with the wireless network
Wireless Setup Wizard is an appended built- in feature on your printer which can be used to set up your printer over the wireless network.
- Keep your printer powered on, and in a well- equipped state before continuing to the further steps.
- Open the printer display, tap the Wireless icon .
- By doing this, it can gain access to the wireless screen.
- Select the Settings icon .
- Go with the Wireless Setup Wizard option and then track the instructions for forming a wireless connection.
Step 3 : The printer software is downloaded and configured
The most recent versions of your printer’s full feature software can be downloaded from our web page and then set it up. During the time of installation, if an Auto Wireless Connect Screen is viewed, then take the help of it to complete the whole setup process for Wireless connection. If not, the instructions in this manual should be carried out in the installation software to get completed with the setup.
- The HP Envy 5540 printer should be powered on.
- Disjoin the USB cable from the painter’s rear end, suppose it is connected to the computer, or else direct to next step.
- Choose your printer model and navigate to the download page.
- Choose Download option which occurs next to the full feature driver, or go with Basic Drivers as an alternative option.
Setting up your 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer Wirelessly for Mac computers
Configure the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer on a Mac computer over a wireless network or alter an existing USB connection to a Wireless connection.
Step 1 : Your printer is prepped for installation process
The primary thing you have to perform before setting up the printer over the wireless network is to gain knowledge about your network name and password. All the devices should be powered up.
- Prior to setting up the printer, the following are to be collected. Name of your Network, Security Passcode, Wireless enabled printer, Internet access.
- You are needed to switch on the computer and the router and connect the printer over the wireless network. While the setting process is in progress, the printer and the computer should be kept closer.
- All USB or Ethernet cables are to be detached.
Step 2 : Link Connection with the wireless network
The printer should be linked to the computer using Wireless Setup Wizard. Trail the instructions to complete the installation process.
- Use the power button to power on the printer.
- Go to the control panel to activate the Wireless button.
- The Wireless screen prompts. Click the Settings button.
- Tap Wireless Setup Wizard, follow the instructions prompted on the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer panel to enable a connection between the printer and your wireless network.
- Go with Wireless Setup Wizard, track the instructions that are prompted and make a connection to the wireless network.
Step 3 : The printer software should be installed after downloading
It is recommended to download and install the most recent version of your HP Envy printer and avail the complete software from our website.
- The printer should be powered on.
- The connection to the printer which is done using the USB cable should be removed.
- Do select your respective printer model and then divert to Software and Downloads.
- If admonished, choose a way to find your printer, and then track the on- screen prompts. While doing so, you are directed to the download page.
- Go with Download option which exists next to the full feature driver, or click Basic Drivers for some other some other printer options.
HP Wireless Printers – HP Wireless Direct
The directives provided here is for HP Envy Printers that are compatible with Wireless direct option Connection type.
A Wireless- Direct connection enables you to connect your HP Printer over the wireless network without the use of a local network. When you commence HP wireless direct on your 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer, the documents or photos can be printed from maximum Wi- Fi capable computers and mobile devices.
Print from a mobile device with HP wireless direct
Alter the wireless network connection to the printer’s HP wireless direct connection to your printer from your smartphone or tablet. The HP wireless direct connection is applicable only to the printer. When you alter the connection type from your local network to your printer’s HP wireless direct connection, connect your printer to the local network again after printing to access the Internet.
- To activate the wireless feature on your 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer, tap the HP wireless direct button on the printer’s control panel.
- If the printer asks for a password, then choose On or On with security. Make a note of the security password, and then tap the ok option.
- Go to Settings on your Mobile device, below the Settings option, tap on the Wi- Fi option-> HP Print- yy (name of your printer) from the filtered networks.
- If admonished, key in the security code from the control panel of your printer.
- Access the materials whose print has to be carried out, and then proceed with the Print option from the application menu or the action menu.
- You can see a list of printer names from which you can choose yours and tap the Print option.
- Re- link the mobile device to the normal wireless network, once the printing gets over.
Printing the materials straight from a computer using Wireless Direct
Skip the connection to HP Wireless Direct feature from the wireless connection to commence the print job from your Smartphone or Tablet. The HP wireless direct is applicable only to printers. It is necessary to establish the connection to your local network after printing when you bounce to the HP Wireless Direct option.
Ratify that your computer is installed with HP print driver.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, choose the HP wireless direct icon, or direct to Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu to choose Wireless Direct, and then start to connect.
- If the printer asks for the password, go with the On with security option. Obtain the security password, follow the procedure after tapping the OK option.
- Access the Mobile Settings, below the setting category, tap the Wi- Fi option and then HP-Print-yy-[name of your printer] from the network list.
- Open the item you wish to print and tap on Print.
- Proceed with your print name from the printer’s list, and then tap to Print.
- Re- establish the wireless network connection on the mobile device, after completing the printing.
Connecting HP Wireless direct compatible HP printer to the computer via USB cable
If the printer driver corresponding to the USB connection is done on your computer earlier, select the Connect Later option while installing the printer driver. Once the installation gets over, configure the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer with the HP Wireless direct connection.
- The wireless feature on the HP Envy 5540 printer can be activated by tapping the wireless direct icon or Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu to Wireless Direct option on the control panel of the printer.
- If the printer admonishes for a password while connecting the printer, tap On or On with security. Jot down the security password, and then proceed with the Ok option.
- Log in your computer or laptop and then tap on the wireless icon or move to the Settings, tap on the Wi- Fi option, and then go ahead with HP-Print-yy-[name of your printer] from the list of available networks.
- If urged, key in the security passcode from the printer display.
- You can open the installed program list or application files from the computer, tap the HP folder, and then choose Envy printer name.
- Follow by Printer Setup & Software option, and then tap Connect a new printer.
- You will be instructed to choose Wireless option and then Next.
- Your 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer name gets chosen, and then take a glimpse at the prompts to finish the connection and installation procedure.
- Open the Printers folder from the computer settings or control panel display, and then look for the two symbols that are displayed for your 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer model.
- You are admonished to choose the network name so that you can print using the HP wireless direct option.
- You are supposed to make the connection between your printer and the computer over the normal wireless network.
Installing the printer driver on the computer using HP Wireless Direct feature
Install and establish the wireless setup by utilizing the 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 Wireless Direct connection rather than using the wireless connection through the router, this leads you to install the updated driver.
Employ CD for Windows OS only to install the driver
After activating the HP Wireless direct Signal on your 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer, insert the installation CD which you buy for installing the driver for your Envy printer. When you are urged to select a connection type while installing the driver, go with the Wireless option.
- To activate the wireless connection, tap the wireless direct button or Network Setup or Wireless Settings on the printer display.
- If it prompts for a password, press the On or On with security option and note down the security code to employ it for further use. Then press Ok.
- Tap either the wireless icon from your computer or laptop. Then select the printer model name from the existing network list.
- If admonished, key in the security passcode from the 123 HP Envy 5540 printer display.
- Place the CD in the disc drive, and then pause for a while until the installation starts.
- Choose the Wireless connection option, if needed and then choose your printer name to finish the entire installation process.
- All Set! The connection is established between the mobile device and wireless network again, after completing the installation procedure.
Steps to install the driver from our website
Before you make an attempt to connect the printer and computer using the HP wireless direct connection, store the driver file which is available on our website. The installation gets started, once the connection is established.
- Select Software & Driver located at the top of the page, key in the printer model (if admonished), choose the OS and then go with the Download option below Driver – Product Installation Software.
- Suppose the 123 HP Envy 5540 Download and Install Assistant window is screened, tap Download only-> Next, and then go with the prompts to save the driver file to the computer.
- Navigate to the printer control panel display, press the HP Wireless direct symbol or move to the Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu-> Wireless Direct and then link the 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer to the computer.
- From the computer tap the wireless symbol and then choose the HP-Print-yy-[model name of your 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer] from the sorted networks list.
- If required, key in the security passcode from the printer display.
- It is necessary to run the downloaded file, wait until the installation process is about to start.
- When admonished, you should select the selection type as Wireless, and then follow with the 123 HP Setup Envy 5540 printer name complete the installation process successfully.
- Your computer gets linked to the wireless network successfully once the installation process is completed.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/envy5540