Envy 4500 Color or Black ink not printing
HP Envy 4500 printer is working properly, but the printed output is missing black or color ink or the printed page is blank or has a small amount of ink.
Step 1 : Use an authentic HP Ink cartridges
Always use authenticated HP ink or toner supplies. The quality or reliability cannot be guaranteed for non-HP or refilled cartridges. In case you do not use authenticated HP cartridges, the procedure which is listed below might not rectify the problems. Get directed to HP Sure Supply to verify ink or toner cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies.
- Go to HP Sure Supply.
- If required, choose your country or region.
- Go through the instructions to order the new supplies or verify the cartridge compatibility with the printer.
You can also purchase genuine HP cartridges and supplies from other retailers. If the issue persists, and you are using genuine ink cartridges, follow the next step.
Step 2 : Validate the estimated ink levels
Print quality may be affected by low ink levels. Check the estimated ink levels to confirm if any ink cartridges are critically low in ink or empty. From the control panel of your printer, select the Ink icon to display the current estimated ink levels.
Step 3 : Replace any low or empty ink cartridges with the new cartridge
Substitute any critically low or empty ink cartridges, and then try to print again. In case the ink cartridges display full ink levels, follow the next step.
- Switch on your Envy 4500 printer.
- Confirm to fill the printer with plain, white paper. Clasp the handles on either side of the paper, and then open the ink cartridge access door until it fixes into place.
- The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Clutch until the carriage is idle and noiseless before you commence.
- To release the ink cartridge, open the lid on the ink cartridge slot, then slowly push the lid back until it stops.
- Take away the existing cartridge from its slot.
- Take out the new cartridge from its package. Be careful to only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge.
- Hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzle towards the printer, then glide the ink cartridge forward into its slot.
- Shut the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into place.
- Repeat the previous steps to install the other cartridge, if required.
- Shut down the ink cartridge access door.
- Once you installed the new ink cartridges, the printer automatically prints an alignment page.
- Wait for the alignment page to get fully discharged from the printer.
- Open the scanner lid.
- Position the alignment page with the print side downward on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Shut down the scanner lid, and then choose Ok.
The printer aligns the ink cartridge. In case the print quality issue still exists after replacing any empty ink cartridges, follow the next step.
Step 4 : Clean the ink cartridges
Make use of an automatic tool to clean the ink cartridge from the control panel of your Envy 4500 printer, and then evaluate the results.
- Make sure to place the input tray with plain, white paper.
- On the control panel of your printer, scroll the display to the left, and then choose Setup.
- Select Tools, and then choose the Clean Cartridges option.
- The printer prints a Print Quality Diagnostic report.
- Evaluate the print quality on the Print quality Diagnostic report.
- If the print quality is acceptable, choose No. You can stop with troubleshooting steps.
- If the print quality is unacceptable, click yes when it is instructed to perform the next level of cleaning.
Step 5 : Find the problem ink cartridge
Evaluate the Print Quality Diagnostic report you printed in the procedure to clean the ink cartridges. Check the text and color blocks on the sample page to find any defective ink cartridges.
- In case you find any troubles with the black text on the page, substitute the black ink cartridge.
- In case you find any problems with the colored blocks on the page, replace the tri-color ink cartridge.
Step 6 : Confirm the ink cartridge warranty status
In case you have a faulty cartridge or printhead, it might be under warranty. Verify the warranty on the ink or toner supplies, and then estimate the limited warranty information for your supplies.
Step 7: Replace the problem ink cartridge with the new cartridge
Exchange the problem ink cartridge with a new, authenticated HP ink cartridge.
- Switch on your printer.
- Ensure to place the printer with plain, white paper.
- Clasp the handles on either side of your Envy 4500 printer, and then open the ink cartridge access door until it clicks into the correct position.
- The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and noiseless before you start.
- To free the cartridge, lift the lid of the ink cartridge slot, then push the lid back until it stops.
- Take out the ink cartridge from the slot.
- Take away the new ink cartridge from its package. Be careful to only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Take away the plastic tape and grasp the cartridges by its sides and then insert it slowly into the slot.
- Shut the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into place. Perform the same steps for inserting the other cartridge too.
- Shut down the ink cartridge access door. Once you install the new cartridges, your printer automatically prints an alignment page.
- Wait for the alignment page to print. Open the scanner lid.
- Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Place it according to the engraved guides around the glass. Shut the scanner lid, and then click Ok.
The printer arranges the ink cartridges. In case the problem still exists, service your Envy 4500 printer. For additional details ring us on our toll-free number to rectify your issues.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/envy4500. Ratings