HP Dj2542 Troubleshooting
HP Deskjet 2542 printer Functions
- For best results, you need to open the print window to alter any print job settings.
- To modify text font and size, select layout options and to alter any other appearance settings, edit the document.
- Now, click File and then select the Print option. You may observe that the printer settings window opens.
- Choose your printer model from the Printer menu and then choose an option that applies to your print job or paper type from the Presets menu.
- To choose different settings types, click on the unnamed menu at the center of the window and then modify any settings.
- Note that the print settings and menu names differ by the printer and the application you are printing from. Now, you can tap the print option.
- In order to copy documents or photos from the printer’s control panel, switch on the printer and then ascertain that the paper is loaded in the input tray.
- You can mount a single photo or a single document page in the scanner with the print side up.
- Ascertain that you do not load the document that is too thick or stiff to bend in half without creasing the original.
- Remove the original and then load it into the scanner again if you notice that the scanner does not pull in and hold the original.
- Click on the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button. If required, increase the number of copies by pressing the button multiple times.
- You may observe that copying starts after 2 seconds and that the printer scans the original and then prints your copy.
- Scan both the photo or document to your system. You just need to select the file type you wish to save and then scan the required item.
- Now, tap the Scan option, then select Computer to scan to the connected computer. Choose your PC model where you want to save the scan to.
- To save it either as a PDF or JPEG file, ensure that you choose the scan-to type option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning.
- The Save as PDF setting permits you can scan the text documents that are not editable whereas the save as JPEG setting helps to scan pictures and images.
- To add another page to the same scan file, tap Yes or tap No if you do not have another page to scan, in case you want to scan another item.
123 HP Deskjet2542 Troubleshooting
Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues
Sometimes the quality of a printed document or photo may not be as expected. The tips below apply to streaked or faded printouts, color or black ink not printing, documents with blurred or fuzzy text, ink streaks or smears and also other print quality problems.
- Make sure that you use genuine HP ink cartridges. If you find that the print quality is unacceptable, proceed to the next step.
- In certain situations, print quality issues may be resolved during a period of inactivity.
- It is advisable that you wait for about 30 minutes and then try the print job again.
- Make sure that you do not use wrinkled or curled paper.Check if you are using a recommended paper.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to check the printer settings for your Windows or Mac PC.
- You need to check the estimated ink levels as low ink levels can impact print quality. Ensure that you replace any ink cartridges that are low or empty.
- Take out the new cartridge, then discard all the plastic wrap from it and then proceed to the next step.
- For best print quality, you need to align the printer after you install a new ink cartridge.
- You can print a Print Quality Diagnostic page using the HP software and then evaluate the results.
- Now, check the test page for defects and then align the printer. Tap the Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the front panel.
- Carefully clean the area around the ink nozzles and the ink cartridges with a clean cloth.
- If the above steps did not resolve the issue, replace the ink cartridge, even if it is not low on ink.
- Service or replace your HP printer if you completed all preceding steps and the issue still persists.
Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- Sometimes the printer may not maintain the wireless connection due to a drop in connection or router configuration issues and more. Follow the basic guidelines given below to solve your connection woes.
- In order to resolve any connectivity issues, you can initially try rebooting the computer, printer and router.
- Due to temporary network and Internet disconnection, ascertain that you complete any tasks or downloads in progress.
- You can run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows PC to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems.
- Now, on the control panel, you need to check the status of the light next to the Wireless icon.
- To determine the network connectivity issues, evaluate a Wireless Network Test Results page and then proceed to the next step.
- Reduce the channel interference if there are multiple networks using the same channel or adjacent channels to the network.
- As there may be multiple routers with the same network name (SSID), you need to change the wireless network name.
- To prevent the network interference and performance issues, turn off the routers that are not being used.
- Place the router and printer close together and then you need to compare the printer IP address to the router IP address.
- Now, update the printer firmware and choose a manual IP address for the printer. Replace the printer if the issue still persists.
Attention Light Blinks (Paper Jam)
- In certain situations, during printing, the printer stops and the Attention light may blink. There is a possibility that the blinking Attention light indicates a jammed paper inside the printer. Go through the tips below to resolve the issue.
- You need to clear the paper jam from the input tray, output tray, ink cartridge access area and from underneath the printer.
- Ensure that the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer. Push the carriage to the left and then to the right side of the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door and then try to print. If the error persists, proceed to the next step.
- Try to clean ink smears as it can help clear paper jams and optimize print quality.
- Mount paper into the input tray, then press and hold the Power button and then press the Cancel button three times.
- Now, press the Start Copy Color button eight times and then you can release the Power button.
- You can try cleaning the paper feed rollers with an automated utility to help clear paper jams.
- Take out paper from the input tray, then press and hold the Power button and then press the Cancel button three times.
- Now, press the Start Copy Color button seven times and then you can release the Power button.
- You can manually clean the paper feed rollers with a long and lint-free cotton swab. Now, you can try to print again.
- In certain situations, the printer may display an error message even after the issue is resolved.
- Try resetting the printer to clear the error and then try to print. If the error persists, service the printer.
Fixing Copy Quality Issues
- When you copy from the flatbed or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), you may notice issues such as vertical or horizontal lines, color bands, or poor resolution. You can follow the prompts below to fix your copy quality issues.
- Carefully wipe the scanner glass, scanner lid and the document feed slot as there may be fingerprints, dust, or debris on them.
- Raise the ADF and then wipe the ADF rollers and separator pad with a clean, lint-free and damp cloth.
- Take out the original document from the ADF, turn off the printer and once you complete cleaning, move on to the next step.
- You need to reload the original document print side up in the document feeder tray and then carefully slide the document into the printer.
- Turn on the printer and then try to copy. If you find that the issue still persists, move on to the next step.
- In order to change the copy settings, tap the Copy button or icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Ascertain that the paper type and size in the input tray matches the paper type and size settings on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap the Setup or Settings icon, then select Paper Setup and then select Def. paper size. Choose the paper size and then press OK.
- If the issue is unresolved, reset the printer. Now, insert the original document or photo and then you can try to copy.
- You can replace the printer if you find that all the above steps failed to resolve the issue.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123 HP Deskjet 2542