USB Printer Setup for Windows
Setup the printer for a USB cable connection to a computer which is running in Windows operating system. To avail the most supported features from a USB connected printer, you should setup the full feature driver.
Step 1: Arrange for the printer setup
Arrange for the USB connection setup and driver installation. Before setup comma confirm that you delete the previously installed version from Windows.
- Satisfy the required criteria:
- Power on your printer.
- Obtain a USB cable which is less than 3m in length.
- Accessible USB port on the system: If you plug via a USB hub or docking station, the printer may not avail enough power to operate properly.
- If you link the USB cable to the computer before installing the printer driver, follow the procedure to eliminate the printer from the installation devices to ensure a successful setup. Move to the next step to setup the driver.
- Unlink the printer USB cable from your computer. Do not reconnect the cable until it is instructed during the installation step.
- Find devices under Windows, and then click the Devices and Printers control panel settings in the result.
- Right-click the printer model icon, and then click Remove device. If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.
- Close the Devices and Printers window, and then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Install the driver and configure your connection
Download and install the best available printer driver to complete the USB connection.
- Go to our website, index your corresponding printer model, and then make use of the instructions to download the printer driver. Based on the printer model, the printer driver installation application HP Easy Start might download.
- If a driver or HP Easy Start downloads, employ the instructions to access the downloaded file or initiate the setup. When it is instructed to choose a connection type, select USB. In case the setup is completed successfully, you need not follow the remaining steps.
- If the download fails, follow these steps to setup a driver from our website.
- Go to our website and then click on the Software and Driver Downloads option, enter your printer model, if it is urged, and then confirm that the operating system version is correct.
- Under Driver-printer installation software, choose Download next to the full feature driver, and then go through the instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant or click Download.
- When it is instructed by the installer to choose a printer connection option, select USB to continue with and complete the setup process.
- Attempt to print, Scan or fax, based on the printer functionality.
USB printer setup for Mac device
Setup your printer for a USB connection to a Mac device. Obtain the most supported features from a USB connected printer, install the full feature printer driver.
Step 1: Prep for the printer setup
- Check the requisites to prepare for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Switch on the printer.
- Obtain a USB cable less than 3m in length.
- If you link via a USB hub or docking station, your printer may not get sufficient power to operate properly.
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Ensure that you do not relink the cable until it is instructed during the driver installation procedure.
Step 2: Procedure for printer driver installation and connection set up
- Go to our website, type your printer model, and then click Begin. Based on your printer and the operating system version, the driver installation app HP Easy Start downloads.
- If the HP Easy Start downloads, go through the instructions to open the download file to start the setup. When it is instructed to choose a connection type, click USB. If the setup is completed continue with the next step.
- In case the HP Easy Start fails, follow the steps to install a driver from our website.
- Visit our website and then click Software and Driver Downloads, index your printer model, if required, and then check the operating system version.
- From Driver printer installation software, click Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature driver, based on the option that displays, from the Download folder access the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file.
- Confirm that HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is chosen in case your printer has a scanner, to enable full scan functionality. Select Add printer to create a print queue. The Add window get displayed.
- Pick the printer name, choose the Use or Print Using option, and then click Add option.
- Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
- Try to print, scan or fax, based on the printer functionality.
This document guides you on how to configure your printer to fax.
Step 1: Satisfy the requisites
Confirm that all the requirements have been met before arranging your printer to fax.
- Avail an active telephone landline.
- Install the ink cartridges on the printer.
- Mount a new paper in the printer’s input tray.
- Obtain the telephone cord and adapter that came along with the printer box.
Step 2: Configure a fax on your printer
Connect the telephone cord and alter the ring settings from the printer’s control panel. Configure the ring settings from the control panel of the printer after connecting a telephone cord. Employ the instructions below to set up the fax on the printer.
- Unlink any telephone devices from the phone jack that the corresponding printer is connected to.
- Remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- Unplug the answering machine power cord from the phone jack, and link it to the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- In case any other phone cord is used instead of the one which came with the printer to connect the printer, the fax job might be unsuccessful.
- Open the control panel of the printer, Swipe the display to the left to choose Setup.
- Scroll the display up, click Fax Setup Setup Wizard and then make use of the instructions to configure the printer for faxing.
Step 3: Procedure to setup for the basic fax settings
Alter the default settings based on your requirements. Make use of the instructions below to alter a few settings.
Include the contacts to phonebook
Employ the instructions below to include a new contact to the phone book.
- Open the printer’s control panel, and then select Fax Send Now.
- Click on the Phone Book icon.
- Go to the Phone Book Contact icon Plus Sign to include a contact.
- Select Name, index the name and then select Done.
- Pick Fax Number, and then enter the fax number of the contact, click Done.
- Select Add.
Step 4 : Take a fax test
A Fax test should be done to confirm that the fax setup is done properly.
- Choose Setup-> Fax Setup-> Tools Test.
- The fax sample report prints successfully.
- Look a glance at the Fax Test Report.
- If the report displays that the printer passed the test but the printer still has a faxing issue, confirm the fax settings listed in the report to verify that they are correct. Incorrect or blank settings can cause fax issues.
- If the report shows that the printer has failed the test, make use of the report for more information about fixing the fax issue.
Printing with Wi-Fi Direct
Obtaining a direct wireless connection to the printer using Wi-Fi Direct allows you to print without connecting to a local network or to the Internet. By activating Wi-Fi Direct on the printer, you can print documents or photos from Wi-Fi capable system and mobile devices.
Print from an Android mobile device that supports Wi-Fi Direct
Switch on Wi-Fi Direct on the printer and Wi-Fi on the supported Android device, select Direct-xx-HP [your printer model name] from the list of printers.
- Install the upgraded version of the HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service on the Android device. Download the plugin from the Google Play Store or another Android app provider, based on your region.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Direct in the printer.
- From the printer’s control panel, select the Wi-Fi Direct icon to display the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- For printers without a control panel, click on the Information option to print a report that has the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- In case the printer does not have an Information button, click on the Resume button for 2 seconds to print a report that has the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- In case the option displays, select Automatic to print without a password or select Manual to verify the print job from the printer.
- On the Android device, select Settings Wi-Fi and verify that it is set to On.
- Access the document or images that you want to print, and then select Print from the app menu. Or else, employ the Share option from an app to send the required content to the print plugin.
- Confirm that DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model number] displays as the printer on the print settings screen. In case the different printer name displays, choose the name to display a list of available printers and then select DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model number].
- Select the Print option.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.