Printing with Wi-Fi direct
Acquire a direct wireless connection to your corresponding printer using Wi-Fi Direct that permits you to print without a local network or connecting to the Internet. Activate Wi-Fi Direct on your printer, you can print documents or photos from Wi-Fi capable computer and mobile devices. This is similar to Bluetooth but uses Wi-Fi to work at a greater distance and faster speeds.
Print from the smartphone that supports Wi-Fi Direct
Switch on Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Wi-Fi on your supported Android mobile phone, Tap on Direct –xx-HP [your printer model name] from the available list of printers.
- You can configure the updated version of HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service on the Android device. Download these plugins from the Google Play Store or another Android app provider, according to your region.
- Switch on Wi-Fi Direct in the printer.
- From the control panel of your printer, select the Wi-Fi Direct icon to display the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- For printers without a control panel, choose the Information icon to print a report that has the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- If the printer does not have an Information button, press and hold the Resume button for 2 seconds to print a report that has the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- If the option displays, select Automatic to print without a password or choose Manual to ratify the print job from the printer or to require a password.
- From the Android device, select Settings Wi-Fi and confirm that it is set to On. No need to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- You can access the required document or images that you want to print from, and then select Print from the app menu or use the Share option from an app to send the essential content to the print plugin.
- Confirm that DIRECT-xx- HP [your printer model name] displays as the printer on the print plugin settings screen. In case a different printer name displays, choose the name to display a list of available printers and then tap DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model name].
- Select the Print option.
Scanning a photo
Scan from the printer, ratify that the computer has the printer software installed, place the media into the scanner, and then click on the scan button on the front panel.
Step 1 : Mount the photo or document
Scan an essential document or image from the printer, and then store it on your system.
- Power on the printer.
- Insert the photo or a document you want to scan.
- Make use of the Scanner glass: Mount the original document with the print side down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the engraved guides around the glass. Shut down the scanner lid.
- Use Automatic Document Feeder: If the printer has an ADF, place the document into the document feeder tray. The print side faces upward and the top edge goes into the tray first. Alter the paper width guides to position the document.
Step 2 : Scan the essential photo or document
Scan your required document or photo, and then store your scan using one of the options.
- From the control panel of the printer, choose Scan, and then pick the name of the system that you want to store the scanned document.
- Click on scan option that matches to the document or photo you are scanning.
- Select Ok.
The printer scans the necessary document or photo, then stores it to the destination which is specified in the settings.
Copying document or photo
Insert the original document in the Automatic Document Feeder tray or on the scanner glass. Employ the scanner glass to copy original image or to produce a two-sided copy.
- Power on the printer.
- Insert the original document or photo
- Use Automatic Document Feeder: If your printer has an automatic document feeder, mount the document into the document feeder tray with the print side facing upward and the top edge moving into the tray first. Adjust the width guides to fix the document. You can place up to 35 sheets of paper in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Scanner glass: Insert the document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, place it according to the engraved guides around the scanner glass, and then close the scanner glass.
Step 2: Copy the desired document or photo
Once you position the original document, modify the copy settings such as paper size, paper type, and lightness or darkness level, and then copy the document or images.
- On the control panel of your printer, select the Copy icon.
- Choose the required number of copies, or select the keypad icon, then input a number.
- Click the Settings icon, and then specify the required advanced copy settings.
- Two-sided: Choose On or Off.
- In case you click on for the two-sided copy option from the scanner glass, make sure to mount the second page on the scanner glass when it is instructed.
- Paper size and Type: Verify that the input tray is inserted with the correct paper size and paper type.
- Resize: Select the size of the photo or document that you want to copy.
- Actual: Generate a copy that is the same size as the original document. The margins of the copied image might be attached.
- Fit to page: Create a copy that is centered with the white border around the edges. The resized photos are either enlarged or reduced to fit the size of the selected output paper.
- The two-sided copy option does not work if the Fit to page option is chosen.
- Custom: Enlarge image size by selecting values greater than 100% or reduce the size of the image by selecting the values which are less than 100%.
- Lighter or darker: Swipe the button and choose the lightness or darkness level, and then click Ok.
- ID Card Copy: Create a copy of both sides of an ID card from the scanner glass.
- Choose Back to navigate to the Copy screen.
- Click Start Black or Start Color to commence the copy job.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.