Printing with the Mopria Print Service
Swiftly print your document using Mopria Print Service. It is a mobile printing standard that allows you to print to Mopria-certified printers from your Android mobile device.
Step 1: Ensure to meet the requirements
Prior to printing your document wirelessly from your smartphone, ensure that you have the following items:
- A mobile device running on Android version 4.4 or later or an HP Slate tablet running Android version 4.1 or later.
- A Mopria-certified wireless printer or wireless printing accessory.
Step 2: Ratify that the Mopria Print Service is installed on your mobile device
In your mobile device, verify that Mopria Print Service is preinstalled , and if it is not, install it. From the Application manager on your mobile device, find the Mopria Print Service.
- In case the Mopria Print Service is in the Application manager, skip to the step to link your printer with the Mopria Print Service.
- In case the Mopria Print Service is not in the Application manager, continue with this procedure to download it.
- On your mobile device, install or upgrade the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store.
- Find Mopria, and then click Mopria Print Service.
- Choose Back.
- Tap Settings, and then click Printing.
- Navigate to Mopria Print Service, and then choose On, if it is not already on.
Step 3: Link the printer with Mopria Print Service
Link your mobile device to your printer.
- On your mobile device, click Settings-> Wi-Fi->On, if it is not already on.
- Pick your printer or accessory.
The application automatically looks for nearby Mopria-compatible printers or accessories.
Step 4: Procedure to print with the Mopria Print Service
Print documents, images or web pages from your smartphone.
- On your mobile device, open the document that you want to print.
- Choose the Menu icon in the top-right corner, and then tap on Print option.
- Pick out your Mopria-compatible printer or accessory, with Mopria Print Service listed under the name of your printer.
- Select your print settings such as copies, paper size, color, orientation, and pages.
- Available settings may vary according to your mobile device.
- Click on the Print option.
- Once you are done with printing, go back to your wireless settings, and then pick the name of your network to restore your connection to the Internet.
Print with HP Wireless Direct
Make use of the procedures to connect your mobile device or system:
- Power on HP wireless direct from the printer’s control panel.
- On your mobile device or system, ratify that the Wi-Fi radio is on and then link to HP wireless direct.
- Ensure that the name format used by HP wireless direct and Wi-Fi Direct are not similar.
- In case you switch on the HP wireless direct with security, provide the required WPA2 password when it is urged by your smartphone or computer. Wi-Fi Direct always uses a WPA2 passphrase and cannot be switched on without WPA2 security.
- Install the printer software for the system. Choose Wireless as the connectivity option from the printer software UI. For mobile devices, you need to setup the updated version of the printer plug-in application.
Method 1 : If you have previously connected the printer over a network connection, then you would have installed the HP printer software on your computer. This means you have been using the printer over the network, follow the procedures below to print when connected to HP wireless direct.
Method 2 : If you have previously installed and used the printer with a USB cable or have chosen the Connect Later option from the software during installation, then follow the procedures to use the printer over the HP wireless direct connection.
- Connect the system to the HP wireless direct connection.
- Configure the settings from the HP printer software.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Select Start -> Programs -> Choose your HP printer model -> HP Printer Setup & Software.
- Windows 8 or 8.1:
- Launch the Printer Software from the Start screen or from the tile assigned for your printer.
- Click on the Utilities option.
- Select Printer Setup & Software.
- Select Connect a new printer.
- Mac OS X : Open Finder and go to Applications -> Pick your printer model -> Choose Printer Setup & Software.
- Click on the Connect new printer option.
- From the Connection Options screen, select Wireless, and then click on the Next option.
- Select the printer from the printer’s detected screen, and then complete the software installation.
Method 3 : If you have previously installed the printer via HP wireless direct connection, then you have installed the printer software, and you can use the printer over a wireless network with a wireless router.
- Link your system to the wireless network you want to connect the printer to.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 : Select Start -> Programs -> HP -> choose your printer model-> Printer Setup & Software.
- Windows 8 :
- Launch the Printer Software from the Start screen or from the tile named for your printer.
- Choose Utilities.
- Select Printer Setup & Software
- Mac OS X:
- Access Finder and then go to Applications -> HP -> select your printer model -> Printer Setup.
Select Reconfigure wireless settings. For some printers, you will need to temporarily plug in a USB cable between the printer and computer. For other printers with large displays, you will be guided to use the front panel Wireless Setup Wizard to link the printer to your wireless network. Once the printer is linked to your network, you can use the printer, no additional software is required.
Use the HP Scan and Capture Application
Easily capture your documents or images from the printer or the computer camera using HP Scan and Capture. A free application for Windows 8 and 10, this is available from the Microsoft Store.
Configure and Scan with HP Scan and Capture
Setup the HP Scan and Capture app from the Microsoft Store.
- Switch on your printer.
- Mount the file you want to scan on the scanner glass or position it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your printer has one.
- Search for Scan and Capture under Windows, and then click HP Scan and Capture in the provided list of results.
- Select the menu icon, and then choose Settings.
- Pick Select Device, and then choose your corresponding printer.
- Select Document Scan Options or Photo Scan Options to alter any settings, and then click the back arrow.
- Tap outside the Settings menu, and then click Capture Documents or Capture Photos.
- Once you are done with the Scan, click on the Save option.
The Save As window opens to save the file in the corresponding folder.
Scan using HP Scan software
You can initiate scan jobs from the computer, alter scan quality settings, store the scan as PDF files and more. Two versions of HP Scan are available, based on when the printer was released. Both offer the same functionality and scanning support.
- Keep the file on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder, according to the printer type and features.
- Find your printer model.
- In case your printer is displayed, click on the printer name in the list of results.
- In case the printer does not display, go to our website and click Software and Driver Downloads, and then index your corresponding printer model number. Under the Driver- Printer Installation software, choose Download next to the full feature driver.
- If the full feature driver does not display, the printer does not support HP Scan software.
- Click Scan a Document or Photo.
- HP Scan opens.
- Select one of the shortcuts that match with the file type and the resulting action you prefer.
- Alter any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the window, if required.
- Click Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make additional edits to the scan prior to storing it.
- Choose Advanced Settings or More to adjust the settings such as quality, color and default scan destination folder.
- Click on the Scan option.
- The printer scans the file, and then a pre-screen of the scan displays in HP Scan.
- If it is urged, double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned file and then modify any additional settings.
- Click on the Save option.
- The Save as window gets displayed.
- Select the folder you want to save the scan in, alter the File name if required, check the file type in the Save as type menu, and then click Save.
- View your scan by opening the folder in which you saved it, and then double-click the file.
If you detect any issues, consult our technical support to resolve your problems and queries.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.